Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bricktown pics 8/4

1. Default Bricktown pics 8/4

Wife and I had a great night Friday in Bricktown. Ate at Fuego Mexican Grill (I like Tex Mex and this was fine), walked around gawking, took a boat ride (my 1st, and it was great), and a movie. There's lots of pics at my blog, but here are a few:

Yep! We've even got a floating bar, right here in Oklahoma City! :boff:

2. Default Re: Bricktown pics 8/4

Apparently there is an issue that I don't know anything about when uploading pics to Blogger and then linking them in a message board like this. So, I've opened and copied the pics to an area at Photobucket to attempt to by-pass the problem. Here's my original post but with image links to the Photobucket sources:

Wife and I had a great night Friday in Bricktown. Ate at Fuego Mexican Grill (I like Tex Mex and this was fine), walked around gawking, took a boat ride (my 1st, and it was great), and a movie. There's lots of pics at my blog, but here are a few:

Default Re: Bricktown pics 8/4

My wife and I were down there Friday night as well. I'm sorry we missed you down there.

Bricktown was really hoppin' Friday night. We had a great time down there. We noticed an increased police presence which certainly added to our sense of security down there. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time down there too.

Maybe next time, Doug.

4. Default Re: Bricktown pics 8/4

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe
    My wife and I were down there Friday night as well. I'm sorry we missed you down there.

Bricktown was really hoppin' Friday night. We had a great time down there. We noticed an increased police presence which certainly added to our sense of security down there. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time down there too.

Maybe next time, Doug.
    I hope so!

Yeah, when we came out of the Harkins, maybe 10:45 -11:00 or so, there were police all over the place, just standing around ... I walked up to a group of 3 of them and said, "I don't know if anyone else has already said it, but I'm glad to see you!" One officer smiled and replied, "Yes, they have, but thanks!"

I certainly felt safe.

Nice pics, by the way.

The expanded police presence was nice to see this weekend.

That alone should draw more people out to Bricktown.

Yes, tons of people and police out this weekend. Did anyone also notice that at Bass Pro, Harkins, and other known spaces for free parking, that they were validating and had parking attendants that would walk up to people's vehicles to make sure they were going to the right place or they would charge you? I have a feeling free parking in Bricktown will steadily come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Did anyone also notice that at Bass Pro, Harkins, and other known spaces for free parking, that they were validating and had parking attendants that would walk up to people's vehicles to make sure they were going to the right place or they would charge you?
    Good! I'm glad to see there are people finally doing their job.

9. Default Re: Bricktown pics 8/4

I was in Tulsa last weekend and didn't see the kind of crowds we have in Bricktown in the Cherry Street district or in the Brookside district. Not even close. I also went downtown in the late afternoon on Saturday and it was DEAD. Went back down there at night and left pretty quick because I did not feel safe. The streets are not lit well at all.

Glad to see that people are not avoiding Bricktown after last month's events.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback
    Yah, the floating bar is okay. They play some good 80's music but the drinks aren't that great. They are really sweet like they used too much mix in the drinks.

Overall, it is fun.

Thread Information