Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Marquette (formerly EMSA)

Midtown Classen Marquette (formerly EMSA)

Oklahoman reporting that EMSA is moving out of Midtown.

Their triangular piece of property is almost an acre and sits between Plaza Court and St. Anthony.

BD Eddie owns the property. They are mainly a suburban developer of strip centers and small office. They are the group behind Deercrest Marketplace.

Default Re: EMSA Property

one of the best properties for development in all of okc

I wonder if SSM will be seeking the property for future expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I wonder if SSM will be seeking the property for future expansion...
    They own adjacent property that is vacant and sold more to the Midtown Renaissance group. So, I wouldn't think so.

The future of this lot not having any residential units included would be criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They own adjacent property that is vacant and sold more to the Midtown Renaissance group. So, I wouldn't think so.
    This might be a neat location for a Bleu Garten type place, if BG didn't already exist.

I've been waiting for this for years now. Can't wait to see what happens here.

Would love to see a building built that mirrors Plaza Court

Anyone know the history of that building? What was it in the past? I just don't remember.

Maybe this could be the actual Midtown Plaza, or at least the small wedge closest to the traffic circle

This site really needs to be residential

Quote Originally Posted by okccowan View Post
    This site really needs to be residential
    i say a mixed use... but yes... first floor commercial retail... and then several stories of residential. my only question would be height restrictions do to the helipad to the south

Mixed use would be the best for sure. I could see it being a nice low rise office property as well. I hope they don’t piss ol’ Marva off by building tallish. Is this far enough west that it wouldn’t impede the skyline view from Villa Teresa? Regardless, I fall in the “you should’ve built taller or acquired the air rights” crowd.

In the Oklahoman story, the owners said they don't do residential and suggested it would be office space only

Quote Originally Posted by okccowan View Post
    In the Oklahoman story, the owners said they don't do residential and suggested it would be office space only
    They will likely get all kinds of offers to buy.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will likely get all kinds of offers to buy.
    This would be a great spot for the Ross Group out of Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    This would be a great spot for the Ross Group out of Tulsa.
    They have been trying to sell off their OKC property in Film Row for a couple of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Anyone know the history of that building? What was it in the past? I just don't remember.
    from newsok.com "originally was home to Boulevard Cafeteria."

It was built in 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i say a mixed use... but yes... first floor commercial retail... and then several stories of residential. my only question would be height restrictions do to the helipad to the south
    There are two helipads at St Anthony's, but the one you are talking about has an 18/36 approach path. You could build it just as tall as St Anthony's and it would be perfectly appropriate for the area and not interfere at all with the path.

Applications have been filed to demolish the structures on this property.

EMSA has fully relocated to 6205 S. Sooner Road, although their signs remain on the property.

More interestingly, about a month ago I saw an application to split this property and it was made by the Midtown Renaissance group (redevelopers of Plaza Court just to the north as well as the large majority of projects in Midtown over the last 15 years) which indicates they are in the process of buying this property for development. Given how MidtownR built The Boulevard project very nearby (lower left of first photo below), I would expect a similar type of triangular retail/office mix.

As of today, the property is still owned by BD Eddie but it seems obvious a sale is in the works, which will likely close sometime after the demolition.

very good news

Blog Entries

I have no love for this building, BUT, before we tear it down, is it an old structure underneath or is it a relatively new build? If it's older it would be nice if we _tried_ to restore/adaptively reuse it in combination with new build components on the parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I have no love for this building, BUT, before we tear it down, is it an old structure underneath or is it a relatively new build? If it's older it would be nice if we _tried_ to restore/adaptively reuse it in combination with new build components on the parking lots.
    It used to be home to the original Boulevard cafeteria but what is there now is just an ugly synthetic stucco structure built in the late '60s.

I would like a chipotle to go in here, but I'm sure it'll be a chik fil a with 5 drive thru lanes. Sigh

Thread Information