Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Classen Marquette (formerly EMSA)

Default Re: Classen Marquette (formerly EMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the is a great location for anther restaurant ... hopefully the mcnellies group brings another one of their concepts to OKC
    Mr. Kim's, the new Korean BBQ spot in Tulsa, looks fantastic. Would love to see that here.

I wonder what the pricing on these will be, doesn't look quite as high-end as some of the other apartments in the area so it makes me wonder if it's targeted at a bit more affordable.

Awesome renderings. How many units will this feature?

Demolition permits have been filed for the old EMSA building, so it should be scraped soon.

It may not be the place to post that but the EMSA on South Walker is gone too. The building is for lease I think.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    It may not be the place to post that but the EMSA on South Walker is gone too. The building is for lease I think.
    They relocated all of their OKC operations to the old Wood Group/GE Baker Hughes site at 6205 S. Sooner Road. They have a much larger office, Fleet Maintenance and supply warehouse all on one site now.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    They relocated all of their OKC operations to the old Wood Group/GE Baker Hughes site at 6205 S. Sooner Road. They have a much larger office, Fleet Maintenance and supply warehouse all on one site now.
    It's off topic, but either EMSA gets reformed and a larger fleet or OKC dumps them and builds out their own ambulance fleet within the fire department. EMSA is terrible.

Down she comes:

this project will fully change the feel of this area

^^ +1

Good riddance to that building. Very excited about this project.

A one story building being replaced with some nice mid-rise infill housing is a great success story.

Forgot to snap a pic but I noticed a few weeks ago this lot is completely empty now.

Any guesses on the timeline of this project? Any chance we'll see construction start on it this year?

^

Hard to say, but hopefully they start by the end of the year or early next.

In this small area you have this project, The Spaniard, the hotel at Villa Teresa starting any day and the Phillips Murray mixed-used project.

Also, something may happen soon with Brown's Bakery.

I count 60 units and 13k sf of retail but only see 47 stalls in the parking lot. I would assume that is for the retail, where are the residents going to park?

This is interesting. Both BD Eddie (developer of Classen Marquette) and Midtown Renaissance (owner of Plaza Court) have applied to close Classen Drive to traffic from the 10th Street Circle to 11th Street.

The last image is one of many examples of what they may do with the closed street.

LOVE that idea!^^

Great idea!

I can’t remember the name of the street off the top of my head, but there’s a street just off Burnside that I used to walk past pretty often in Portland that is closed off to traffic. Downtown Portland is pretty walkable but I always loved going down that street just to kind of get away from the traffic for a few minutes without having to sacrifice the “activity” since it had restaurants, shops, etc along it that stayed pretty active.

Edit to say: things like these are seemingly minor for the most part but they do a lot for helping a community get introduced to the mindset of creating interactive areas that are designed to emphasize the human element of urban spaces. There’s a lot of places across the city where this wouldn’t work but Midtown is a great place to try something like this out.

Midtown Renaissance has been systematically upgrading that entire area and this could help serve as a center.

Will be very interesting to see how this unfolds but Midtown R does things right.

I sure hope they can get their hands on the Kong's building and maybe Brown's Bakery.

I LOVE this idea. My hometown has a street that is only open to pedestrians and it is by far the most popular area of the city.

I wish they’d do that in the Paseo. Not sure how much benefit this provide to the area given the fact that the building right up next to this was designed around cars. This may sound silly but could they literally pick the build up and move it closer to the street and place the parking underground? They did it in Paris to make way for wider roads. Why couldn’t they do they here?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wish they’d do that in the Paseo. Not sure how much benefit this provide to the area given the fact that the building right up next to this was designed around cars. This may sound silly but could they literally pick the build up and move it closer to the street and place the parking underground? They did it in Paris to make way for wider roads. Why couldn’t they do they here?
    Because Paris is Goliath, and OKC is barely bigger than David, money-wise.

That’s a pretty busy street. I’m not sure diverting all of that traffic down 10th or up to the stop signs on Walker is appropriate for the area. Walker is a fairly quiet street in that part of Midtown because of that diagonal taking traffic up to 13th street.

Thread Information