Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Ranch (formerly Cowboy Ranch)

Bricktown3 Oklahoma Ranch (formerly Cowboy Ranch)

This is taking the place of the former Bricktown Events Center.

https://www.facebook.com/%F0%9D%90%8...05852874547578

• 27,000 SF of Pure Party Space
    • Non Smoking Venue with a Smoking Room
    • Huge Dance Floor
    • Six fully Stocked Bars
    • Full Late Night Food Menu
    • Live Music Nightly
    • Touring Acts 1-2 Times a Month
    • Mechanical Bull Riding
    • Pool Tables & Games
    • The Best Sound System in The State
    • Unmatched LIghting, Decor & Astmosphere.

Default Re: Cowboy Ranch

Looks like I-40 and Meridian has some competition. Is the parking lot going to be restriped to handle F-350 Super Duty trucks with extended hitches?

Blog Entries

Great, I loved country when country wasn't cool...

Covid-19 has put me on restrictions; plenty of salt & water on my tail feathers, can't cut that rug anymore.

I'm not big into the country scene, however, I went to Cowboys Red River in Dallas about a year ago and it was a huge party with some pretty damn good music. What they're doing here sounds almost exactly like Red River. I'm all for having different entertainment options, the more the merrier!

Sounds a lot like a reboot of Gilley's .....and Urban Cowboy

7. Default Re: Cowboy Ranch

not my genre but I do think this concept will do well and should help liven up the area. Would have prefered the name "urban cowboy" since this is downtown after all. ... anyway. Imagine this club bumping with country music stars, Criterion doing Hip Hop and EDM artists, and other live venues downtown doing various other acts.

OKC really needs a good Jazz club/bar or two and a blues club downtown; I'd love to see Deep Deuce get a few - returning the area somewhat to its historical roots.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    not my genre but I do think this concept will do well and should help liven up the area. Would have prefered the name "urban cowboy" since this is downtown after all. ... anyway. Imagine this club bumping with country music stars, Criterion doing Hip Hop and EDM artists, and other live venues downtown doing various other acts.

OKC really needs a good Jazz club/bar or two and a blues club downtown; I'd love to see Deep Deuce get a few - returning the area somewhat to its historical roots.
    The OKSessions group has live jazz shows at different locations all over the metro. My wife and I went to one of their sessions at the Skirvin last summer and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I do think Deep Deuce should be pushed as the jazz/blues center. I think a version of the UCO Jazz Lab would be a great addition to the district.

GRAND OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT:

Join us Friday October 30th for the Grand Opening of the all new Cowboy Ranch Rockin Country bar & Live music venue.

Doors open at 8pm
    Live music by Reckless starts at 9pm plus the nightly soundtrack provided by Dj Calweezy
    Early arrival is suggested to guarantee entry

We are located at:
    425 Kings Of Leon Lane next door to ihop in the heart of Bricktown!

they definitely couldn't have picked two better band names for opening a club during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    they definitely couldn't have picked two better band names for opening a club during a pandemic.
    There is a really good indie rock band out of Tulsa named Graveyard Party...

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    There is a really good indie rock band out of Tulsa named Graveyard Party...
    perhaps they'll be playing around 2 weeks after grand opening. yeah... i might have a morbid sense of humor.

snarkiness aside... i'm really glad to see investment in this space and think it will be a better fit than the events center... i totally understand that business like this need paying customers in order to survive, but i'm just not overall really crazy about clubs (or any other place where 'social distancing' isn't likely to occur) operating during the current health situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    LLOL

(Literally Laughed Out Loud)

I do not care for country but they did a very good job with the building

Operators of Cowboy Ranch evicted

The massive Cowboy Ranch in the former Bricktown Events Center has been closed due to eviction for non-payment of rent. The Facebook and Instagram pages appear to have been deleted after a court ruled this week that the operators were to vacate by 11 AM today (Thursday 12/8).

Also recently closed by the same operator, Rogers Concepts, are The Pig & The Butcher (Britton & May), Steak The Experience (Britton & May), Red Dragon Express (N. May), Chico Blanco (Bricktown), Bloom Nightclub (Bricktown), Tipsy Tiki (Bricktown), XO Lounge (Northpark Mall), The Coop (Nicoma Park) and Yo! Pablo at Covell and Kelly in Edmond, 33rd and Boulevard in Edmond, Rockwell and NW 122nd as well as the original Yo! Pablo at 6728 N Olie.

In addition, a work stoppage order has been posted at a proposed Yo! Pablo in Mustang due to a lack of building permits.

The lone remaining Yo! Pablo in Norman continues to operate.

So where is he? Did he take all the money and go to an island? Crypto at play here?

Cowboy Ranch is the most surprising one, as another poster said. The place is very busy on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    So where is he? Did he take all the money and go to an island? Crypto at play here?

Cowboy Ranch is the most surprising one, as another poster said. The place is very busy on weekends.
    Just because they're very busy doesn't mean they're paying the bills.

Pete- What's next with this guy? Is he held personally liable for all of this or does he have his businesses set up where it takes the heat instead of him?

Anyone who has kept up with this guy for the past 5-10 years knew something shady was going on. The amount of money he's thrown at these restaurant/bars is insane and then turnaround and close them within a year. RED FLAGS all over the place.

On some of the closed locations, Rogers signed personal guarantees which leaves him liable for not only back rent, but all the unpaid rent that was remaining on the lease.

For example, a court recently ordered a judgment against him for over $400k for the shuttered XO Lounge in Northpark. The landlord is presently suing him for a similar situation at the closed Yo Pablo at 33rd & Boulevard in Edmond. More suits may be filed but once there are existing judgments, subsequent cases have to get in line for whatever is leftover once the previous obligations are repaid (if ever).

He also has several bank loans and lots of investors who have lost money.

And a ton of tax liens across his 30+ LLC's and most only go back to 2019. I suspect there are many more to be filed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On some of the closed locations, Rogers signed personal guarantees which leaves him liable for not only back rent, but all the unpaid rent that was remaining on the lease.

For example, a court recently ordered a judgment against him for over $400k for the shuttered XO Lounge in Northpark. The landlord is presently suing him for a similar situation at the closed Yo Pablo at 33rd & Boulevard in Edmond. More suits may be filed but once there are existing judgments, subsequent cases have to get in line for whatever is leftover once the previous obligations are repaid (if ever).

He also has several bank loans and lots of investors who have lost money.

And a ton of tax liens across his 30+ LLC's and most only go back to 2019. I suspect there are many more to be filed.
    Guessing that Rogers personally will never be able to pay back all that he owes to all the various entities, so what happens then? They just go away losing tons of money, insurance companies put it up so creditors get paid, he takes out loans (ha) to pay the current creditors, pennies on the dollar, ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pete, was that Las Vegas style nightclub?

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    Anyone who has kept up with this guy for the past 5-10 years knew something shady was going on. The amount of money he's thrown at these restaurant/bars is insane and then turnaround and close them within a year. RED FLAGS all over the place.
    My thoughts exactly. I've been watching Mr. Rogers' operations for several years and always wondered if he was doing it with mirrors and constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul…

24. Default Re: Cowboy Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pete, was that Las Vegas style nightclub?
    XO Lounge was the club in Northpark. I would not have described it as "Las Vegas style," just simply as a dance club. Sometimes they had a DJ, sometimes they had a band. I never saw a huge amount of business there, not even as much as when it was The Liszt.

The $400,000 judgment has to include future rents up to a certain amount. XO Lounge wasn't in there long enough to rack up that kind of a bill. I believe the landlord would have required any renovations to be paid out-of-pocket by Rogers Concepts.

25. Default Re: Cowboy Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Guessing that Rogers personally will never be able to pay back all that he owes to all the various entities, so what happens then? They just go away losing tons of money, insurance companies put it up so creditors get paid, he takes out loans (ha) to pay the current creditors, pennies on the dollar, ...?
    Most likely, Rogers Concepts will file BK and then Jeff Rogers will file BK as an individual. To my knowledge, there is no "business failure"-type insurance that ensures creditors get paid, so they will most likely take it on the chin.

The government will come calling for their payments first, and tax liens will not be excused in a BK filing. This guy will cost a lot of honest, reputable businesses a lot of cold, hard cash.

Thread Information