Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birria tacos

Default Re: Birria tacos

Taco truck on nw 3rd and macarthur, la pinata, servers birria. I've yet to receive the consomme when I order the tacos, and I'm not sure how to ask for it in spanish.

^putting my high school spanish to work... "caldo, por favor" (broth, please) would probably work. or "tienes, caldo?" (do you have broth?)

and if you want an interesting look, follow that up with, "donde estan las mujeres de medianoche?"

Does that mean " do you have ladies of the night?"

close... "where are the ladies of midnight?"

years and years ago, i remember seeing an ad on univision for a movie called 'las mujeres de medianoche' and it kind of became a running gag. : )

hate to bump an older thread, but I happened to try Mama Lety the other day with some pals and the quesabirria tacos were so fire. would absolutely recommend.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mama-lety-a...-oklahoma-city

I had them at el sabor de la baja on 10th and May. Not what I expected, but you get a lot. I got a bowl of consumme/meat and 5 tortillas. Easy could have made ~15-25 tacos.

The Alfredos in Edmond added birria tacos to their menu and they were really good, although I haven't eaten them anywhere else and have no basis for comparison.

Had them two weekends ago at Birrieria Diaz, and they were fantastic, as I expected (never had anything bad from them), better than Birrieria Utzil's. Still need to try Oso's, but went to Goro instead (and should've gone to Oso, Tamashii's broth is so much better than Goro's).

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I had them at el sabor de la baja on 10th and May. Not what I expected, but you get a lot. I got a bowl of consumme/meat and 5 tortillas. Easy could have made ~15-25 tacos.
    Didn't know this place existed, thanks for the info, we'll have to try it since it's just down the street from us.

Had them recently at La Huasteca at NW 16th and MacArthur. Absolutely fantastic. Actually, if you like small, ethnically influenced markets the whole place is a little wonderland. Daniel, the youthful owner is a friendly go-getter.

Thread Information