Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Trash Collectors

1. Default OKC Trash Collectors

I thought maybe a little humor might be a good thing.
    I posted this on our neighborhood’s FB page an hour or so ago. I’ve already got a number of replies from neighbors saying they had similar issues today. 105th Ter in our neighborhood is about 3 blocks long. What were the drivers doing?

“Not complaining I think this is kinda funny. We’re toward the west end of 105th Ter on the south side. When I got home I went to put up the trash and recycling bins. I know our trash bin because part of one hinge is broken. The one next to our recycling bin wasn’t ours. So I started looking. Ours was in front of the neighbors house to the east. The trash bin by our recycling bin belongs to the neighbors to the west. Dancing trash bins?”

Default Re: OKC Trash Collectors

That’s funny. Maybe they were doing in the middle of the night. I wonder how many others are out of place.

Reminds me of when I lived over in Mayfair Heights. There were two new big blue trash bins already at house when I bought the place, so I just started using them, after a while, I started finding my trash bins blocking my driveway when I came home from work. After several instances of this, I finally got tired of it and called the city and asked them to tell their trash collector to stop blocking my driveway with the trash bins. A couple days later they called me back to tell me , “We talked to the driver, and by the way we see that you have two trash bins, but you are only getting charged for one. So we’ll have to charge you for two, or you’ll gave to give one back”. ....no mention as to why my driveway was being blocked, but it did stop after that.

3. Default Re: OKC Trash Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    That’s funny. Maybe they were doing in the middle of the night. I wonder how many others are out of place.

Reminds me of when I lived over in Mayfair Heights. There were two new big blue trash bins already at house when I bought the place, so I just started using them, after a while, I started finding my trash bins blocking my driveway when I came home from work. After several instances of this, I finally got tired of it and called the city and asked them to tell their trash collector to stop blocking my driveway with the trash bins. A couple days later they called me back to tell me , “We talked to the driver, and by the way we see that you have two trash bins, but you are only getting charged for one. So we’ll have to charge you for two, or you’ll gave to give one back”. ....no mention as to why my driveway was being blocked, but it did stop after that.
    One reply since I wrote this was a neighbor a couple streets over that said he followed the driver for a few houses and he was picking up a bin then driving while it dumped and sat it down wherever he was then. Like he was in a BIG hurry for some reason.

4. Default Re: OKC Trash Collectors

I spray paint my house number on the inside of my bins. We've had a few occasions where empty bins were tossed about during a storm and ended up in a pile in our cul-de-sac and it can be confusing who's is who's.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: OKC Trash Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I spray paint my house number on the inside of my bins. We've had a few occasions where empty bins were tossed about during a storm and ended up in a pile in our cul-de-sac and it can be confusing who's is who's.
    That’s a good idea.

6. Default Re: OKC Trash Collectors

Not a bad idea. But we only have one and it has one broken hinge. Plus (and don’t tell anyone) I often use it to set things on to spray paint so the lid is multicolored. So it’s really easy to spot.

Thread Information