Widgets Magazine

Thread: Brick town Family Fun Fair

Default Brick town Family Fun Fair

This sounds like a great idea. Masks not required, what could go wrong?

https://kfor.com/news/local/covid-19...ricktown-fair/

2. Default Re: Brick town Family Fun Fair

Absolutely stupid! And it’s supposed to be 82 and dry so you couldn’t ask for better weather for lots of people to go be elbow to elbow. There’s a lot wrong with a lot of people’s thinking or lack of right now.

Default Re: Brick town Family Fun Fair

Absurd. Who approves this sort of thing? So glad I've been staying inside my house for the better part of 4.5 months.... *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Absolutely stupid! And it’s supposed to be 82 and dry so you couldn’t ask for better weather for lots of people to go be elbow to elbow. There’s a lot wrong with a lot of people’s thinking or lack of right now.
    But did you have a problem with the protests?

I also think there will still be some masks, as they have been even more prevalent, in my experience, the past couple weeks, even outdoors.

5. Default Re: Brick town Family Fun Fair

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    But did you have a problem with the protests?

I also think there will still be some masks, as they have been even more prevalent, in my experience, the past couple weeks, even outdoors.
    Did I have a problem with the ideology of change being needed behind the protests? Absolutely not! Did I have a problem in the interest of public health with the protests being a good idea right now? Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This sounds like a great idea. Masks not required, what could go wrong?

https://kfor.com/news/local/covid-19...ricktown-fair/
    I guess the question is? Does this keep more or less people from going to this. If its less than that's a good thing.

I noticed that a lot of other social distancing has been relaxed since mask ordinance went into place because people think their good just because they wear a mask. Cancelling out any benefit mask wearing brings.

Its a volunteer activity you shouldn't be attending at all if your want to limit Covid exposure. Mask or no mask.

I'm not opposed to an outdoor event like this, in theory. The fact of the matter is we do need a way for life to continue to function, and outdoor events are the best and safest alternative to indoor events. However, I think you'd need to mandate masks, and limit admission (maybe require RSVPs) to ensure there's plenty of room for social distancing. I think just packing as many people as you can into a contained area is just asking for trouble.

I think the social media outcry has canceled this. Lasted 48 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm not opposed to an outdoor event like this, in theory. The fact of the matter is we do need a way for life to continue to function, and outdoor events are the best and safest alternative to indoor events. However, I think you'd need to mandate masks, and limit admission (maybe require RSVPs) to ensure there's plenty of room for social distancing. I think just packing as many people as you can into a contained area is just asking for trouble.
    Maybe for an outside concert. Carnivals are filthy places even when your not thinking about Covid.

It would have been packed I'm sure since the fair has been cancelled and Teenagers are looking for something to do. They could limit attendance, it would have just been a lottery to some lucky teens that brings little to no profit to the event organizers.

Thread Information