Widgets Magazine

Thread: Does anybody remember?

Default Does anybody remember?

KWTV - This lady anchor was so bad that they fired her during a sweeps period. She was replaced by Stacy Taylor, who really didn't last that long either.

KOCO - This weather guy blew his first severe weather event. He was so bad that Gary England ridiculed him on his program. He was fired after a week on air. He said he got a better job offer with higher pay.

Default Re: Does anybody remember?

Quote Originally Posted by tlltnkr47 View Post
    KWTV - This lady anchor was so bad that they fired her during a sweeps period. She was replaced by Stacy Taylor, who really didn't last that long either.

KOCO - This weather guy blew his first severe weather event. He was so bad that Gary England ridiculed him on his program. He was fired after a week on air. He said he got a better job offer with higher pay.
    Gary England was on Channel 9, not KOCO.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Gary England was on Channel 9, not KOCO.
    He is saying that Gary England made fun of a KOCO weatherman while on his show on KWTV.

KWTV - This lady anchor replaced Jennifer Reynolds but she wasn't up to standard. Management fired her even though she asked for more time to prove herself.

KFOR - This male anchor who was paired with Linda Cavanaugh. She made it clear on air that she did not care for him. He didn't last too long.

KFOR (I think) - This female wore a fat suit for one of those sweeps week reporting stunts. It did not go over well, she didn't last long after that.

KFOR (I think) - This female wore a fat suit for one of those sweeps week reporting stunts. It did not go over well, she didn't last long after that.
    i will never forget 'fat like me' with suzanne steely. here's an old thread for that one...

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=13608

KFOR - This young lady lost her life while reporting on a story about a company that promised customers the experience of an aerial dogfight. The plane she was on crashed. It turned out that the company was not licensed the perform these stunts. I believe she left behind a husband and child. May she Rest in Peace!

KFOR - This young lady lost her life while reporting on a story about a company that promised customers the experience of an aerial dogfight. The plane she was on crashed. It turned out that the company was not licensed the perform these stunts. I believe she left behind a husband and child. May she Rest in Peace!
    was that Kathie Jones? i was like 11 or 12 then, but remember this

^^^^^ Yes and her husband also worked at the station. I remember this well, it was a huge shock. She was a reporter as well as a weekend anchor. The crash was filmed by one of the cameramen, they were doing a promo for Aerospace America. There were 2 of these planes doing mock air attacks. The crash \was near Dover, by Kingfisher. TV kept replaying the video of the plane plowing into the ground and breaking up. It was awful, I never understood why they ran the video clip over and over and over and over. Sad!

Terribly bad situation. The husband filed lawsuit, and rightfully so. The 2 planes were headed back to OKC when the pilot decided to do one more maneuver but didn't have enough altitude. Marchetti planes, IIRC.

Thread Information