Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philly Homa

Paseo Philly Homa

They are now open in the Paseo next to OSO.

2. Default Re: Philly Homa

Cheese Whiz? Really?

Default Re: Philly Homa

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Cheese Whiz? Really?
    That's what they put on the traditional Philly cheesesteak.

Philly Homa offers 10 cheese choices.

Cheese Whiz? Really?
    That’s how they do it in Philly!

They offer cheese Whiz at Geno's and Pat's. I get mine with Provolone

Cheese Whiz? Really?

7. Default Re: Philly Homa

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    That’s how they do it in Philly!
    Not everyone. Pat's and Geno's both offer Cheese Whiz, Provolone or American. I'm a provy wit guy myself. Glad to hear Philly Homa is going to offer a choice of cheese.

Not everyone. Pat's and Geno's both offer Cheese Whiz, Provolone or American. I'm a provy wit guy myself. Glad to hear Philly Homa is going to offer a choice of cheese.
    No true Philly place would limit themselves. There are just so few places here that have Whiz, they probably wanted to highlight it with the pics.

I didn’t realize that...shows how uncultured I am lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I didn’t realize that...shows how uncultured I am lol
    I'm from Philly and prefer provolone. Nobody from Philly goes to Pat's or Geno's. Everybody has their favorite neighborhood deli that does their steaks just the way they want them. At least that's how it was "back in the day".

11. Default Re: Philly Homa

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm from Philly and prefer provolone. Nobody from Philly goes to Pat's or Geno's. Everybody has their favorite neighborhood deli that does their steaks just the way they want them. At least that's how it was "back in the day".
    Ha, I am as well.
    My folks will take me sometimes coming from the airport. My family likes Pats, I've never had Geno's.

One whiz, wit please!

I'm going to have to try this place out. Steak stuffers in Tulsa is my usual go-to for cheese steaks

Quote Originally Posted by Tritoon View Post
    I'm going to have to try this place out. Steak stuffers in Tulsa is my usual go-to for cheese steaks
    I stopped by yesterday. Sandwich was a little soggy than when I had it in Edmond. Might be up your alley, not to say a soggy sandwich is, but in terms of fat content I suspect it'll work. I prefer phat phillys, and wish the sandwiches at philly homa--or anywhere around here--were greasier.

Looks like they are opening a south OKC location. It will be located next to Outback at I240 and S. Penn

Has anybody besides me tried this place?

Interested to hear what others think of it.

i tried to go for lunch last monday (or the one prior?) and unfortunately they weren't open. haven't had another chance yet... our office is moving southside next week, so i'll probably wait till they open their location at i-240 and penn near outback steakhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Has anybody besides me tried this place?

Interested to hear what others think of it.
    We're going to try it for takeout Thu night, I believe (do you know if they do curbside?). We're just going to get the Philly w/Cheez Whiz and try their okra and fried mushrooms (hopefully not out of a Sysco 40-lb bag), though. What did you have, was it good?

I was there yesterday for lunch and thought it was pretty good!
    Had an 8" philly combo with waffle fries and I have the second half to eat for lunch today, don't know how anyone could eat a 12" and a side.
    Word of warning, if you get it with cheez whiz its messy as hell haha.
    Overheard them telling another table that they do $0.56 cent wings on Wednesdays, think I am going to call in an order of those for Wednesday game night with the fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    I was there yesterday for lunch and thought it was pretty good!
    Had an 8" philly combo with waffle fries and I have the second half to eat for lunch today, don't know how anyone could eat a 12" and a side.
    Word of warning, if you get it with cheez whiz its messy as hell haha.
    Overheard them telling another table that they do $0.56 cent wings on Wednesdays, think I am going to call in an order of those for Wednesday game night with the fellas.
    Good to know about the 8", was going to get that, might scale down now. I normally do not do any kind of processed cheese, ever ever ever, but gotta try the original/classic one before I try anything else there.

I know in Edmond on tuesdays the 8 inch goes for $6. when I asked them if they were going to do that in the plaza they didn't have a response for me

Mine was under $10 for 8" philly and fries so they must do something like that

On my one visit, I ordered a traditionally Philly with cheese wiz just for the full experience.

They really glob it on and not only was it a mess, I just didn't care for it. Detracted from the high-quality beef, pepper and onions.

Looking forward to trying provolone instead.

I had it with American cheese today and it was really great. Really enjoyed the philly queso fries as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On my one visit, I ordered a traditionally Philly with cheese wiz just for the full experience.

They really glob it on and not only was it a mess, I just didn't care for it. Detracted from the high-quality beef, pepper and onions.

Looking forward to trying provolone instead.
    Thanks, I'll probably scrape some of the goop off, still want to try the classic. Wife said she's going for the provolone, so I'll snag a bite of hers to see how it is. I'll probably also have them hold the mushrooms on mine (seems odd that they come on it as standard), she'll probably have extra added to hers.

Thread Information