Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facemask Mandate

Default Facemask Mandate

City Council votes 8-1 for mask mandate. Expires Nov. 30, 2020.

Default Re: Facemask Mandate

That is F’ing Leadership.

Bee Clark and Lincoln Riley are leaders.

Good. And she's stupidly getting hell for it in the comments section, too.

HangryHippo Guest

And aren’t the recall petitions getting filed this week? Unreal.

Stillwater also delivering a mask rule. Looks like some folks in the State want D1 Football to be played this year.

Of course, I think that ship has sailed.

6. Default Re: Facemask Mandate

I happened to tune into the Youtube stream yesterday. Oh boy the comments were rough. A lot of people seemed like they were about to move to Moore haha!

Happy to see this passed and I hope it will slow the spread here in Norman.

Also passed last night is a provision that bars close at 10 on weekdays, 11 on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And aren’t the recall petitions getting filed this week? Unreal.
    Looks to be a partisan GOP effort.

Petitions for council, mayor recall to be filed Friday | Don't Miss This | normantranscript.com
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nor...c93e8.amp.html

Norman businesses will suffer the most.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    Except for those that catch Covid-19 and die or never fully recover....

STAY SAFE WEAR MASKS.

Quote Originally Posted by RustytheBailiff View Post
    Except for those that catch Covid-19 and die or never fully recover....

STAY SAFE WEAR MASKS.
    The economy plays a large role in mental health and people’s well being. A loss of jobs. Income, and ability to support oneself and family can have a greater effect than a sickness from a virus.

MY BODY MY CHOICE

The economy plays a large role in mental health and people’s well being. A loss of jobs. Income, and ability to support oneself and family can have a greater effect than a sickness from a virus.

MY BODY MY CHOICE
    Dead people don't care about the economy!

If your "My Body My Choice" tag is reference to wearing masks, then you are not only disrespectful to community members you encounter, you are also deluding yourself into a false sense of security.

BE SAFE WEAR MASKS

MY BODY MY CHOICE
    Co-opting this as an anti-mask mantra is just the dumbest take. It’s not just about your body but every single person you interact with. Also, this claim doesn’t work for pants, so it’s not going to work for masks.

Other than that though, great stuff.

How will a mask mandate make businesses suffer? Maybe it will allow places like restaurants not get an outbreak and have to close down like a handful of OKC restaurants have had to do. Because thats makes businesses suffer.

Also, national retailers are actually asking for mask mandates as its become, what for it, bad for business without them.

i'm very glad for the mandate... it was crazy going to Crest the last week and being one of just a handful of people wearing the masks. and people not even paying attention to the floor marking to keep distance.

16. Default Re: Facemask Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i'm very glad for the mandate... it was crazy going to Crest the last week and being one of just a handful of people wearing the masks. and people not even paying attention to the floor marking to keep distance.
    I went to crest this morning. The management was working on getting signs up to make sure people wear masks. It looks like they plan to enforce it at least.

the economy plays a large role in mental health and people’s well being. A loss of jobs. Income, and ability to support oneself and family can have a greater effect than a sickness from a virus.

My body my choice
    mask policies are good for the economy. No mask policies are bad for the economy.

Not wearing a mask is about hurting other people's bodies, not your own.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I went to crest this morning. The management was working on getting signs up to make sure people wear masks. It looks like they plan to enforce it at least.
    great to know. i have to head there today after i finish work. hopefully more people will be covered

great to know. i have to head there today after i finish work. hopefully more people will be covered

I happened to tune into the Youtube stream yesterday. Oh boy the comments were rough. A lot of people seemed like they were about to move to Moore haha!

Happy to see this passed and I hope it will slow the spread here in Norman.
    I don't think I'd trust those people to wear a mask in public even if they tested positive for the virus.

Agree with the policy though it’s a bit ironic that they’re giving the police one more thing to enforce after cutting their funding by 3% for no good reason other than virtue signaling...as evidenced by the fact that even after an 11 hour meeting and now several weeks...they still don’t know what they want to reallocate the funding to. Good leadership on the mask mandate...bad leadership for cutting funding to the police (who everyone thinks need better training, need to hire better and need more resources...all of which require funding) before having any idea where they were going to reallocate it and how much would be needed for those causes because it was the trendy thing to do. I would be willing to bet that the city council will have difficulty enforcing this after pointlessly torching the bridge with law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Agree with the policy though it’s a bit ironic that they’re giving the police one more thing to enforce after cutting their funding by 3% for no good reason other than virtue signaling...as evidenced by the fact that even after an 11 hour meeting and now several weeks...they still don’t know what they want to reallocate the funding to. Good leadership on the mask mandate...bad leadership for cutting funding to the police before having any idea where they were going to reallocate it and how much would be needed for those causes because it was the trendy thing to do. I would be willing to bet that the city council will have difficulty enforcing this after pointlessly torching the bridge with law enforcement.
    I would assume police are adults and will do their job. If they won’t then they shouldn’t be police in the first place.

We cut the education budget and still expect teachers to teach. What’s the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I would assume police are adults and will do their job. If they won’t then they shouldn’t be police in the first place.

We cut the education budget and still expect teachers to teach. What’s the difference?
    This was done for no reason other than for show...not to save money or divert to anything else hence the fact that no other purpose has been chosen...It was done just for the hell of it because it was the cool thing to do...all the hip liberal cities were doing it so they thought they should do it too. It was virtue signaling as opposed to attempting to save money, that’s the difference. Cutting funding to education isn’t something I agree with either but this isn’t remotely the same thing.

Teachers probably don’t teach as well when they aren’t paid as much and when they have fewer resources.

Not all cops think like adults, and you're right, this guy should not be a cop.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ohio-...b67a80bc033b8e

"But the sheriff, who supports President Donald Trump, insisted, “I’m not going to be the mask police. Period.”"

Um, yes, yes, you are literally the mask police and you should be disciplined for not enforcing the mask mandate.

Having said that, I agree w/PhiAlpha, they shouldn't've cut the funding. Figure out how to fix the broken parts, then do *that*. There are tons of resources available on the net for anybody to see on how to restructure/reallocate things in the force for a better result, not hard to find at all, and if they can implement a defunding initiative, they can figure out how to do the *right* thing.

Do we? They walked out over it not to long ago, and we've seen a mass exodus of teachers from Oklahoma to states like Texas, and it's been routinely pointed out how that's resulting in lower qualified teachers in the classrooms. Surely that would be a bad thing in law enforcement as well? Also, the fix was more show than actually addressing issues. Would you fix institutional racism in colleges by cutting higher ed funding? "Defund the police" doesn't really mean just cut some funding and call it done.

Thread Information