Widgets Magazine

Thread: Restaurant Delivery

Default Restaurant Delivery

Is there a source that provides a list of local places that employ their own staff to make deliveries v. using that of a commercial service?

Default Re: Restaurant Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Is there a source that provides a list of local places that employ their own staff to make deliveries v. using that of a commercial service?
    I haven't seen one, sometimes the restaurant's website says they're using their own staff (but not always). Good point, though, as GrubHub, DoorDash, etc. can charge the restaurant a ridiculous amount to deliver.

The hidden cost of food delivery

I imagine after you substitute pizza, and Chinese, You could probably count the places that do their own delivery on two hands. They just can't survive using their own delivery resources. Two much marketing power you get from advertising on Grubhub, DoorDash, etc.

Guyutes used to use their own staff to deliver (not sure if they still deliver now that they're fully open) we tried to get them to deliver and we were literally one block outside their 2 mile radius, and they wouldn't deliver to us.

Sauced has always had their staff do deliveries (even before the pandemic), but they fall under the "pizza" category.

We generally do takeout instead of delivery, so those are really the only ones we've used.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I imagine after you substitute pizza, and Chinese, You could probably count the places that do their own delivery on two hands. They just can't survive using their own delivery resources. Two much marketing power you get from advertising on Grubhub, DoorDash, etc.
    These services are strangling restaurants. No thanks for me. That is why I personally will only support delivery from establishments that use their own. I would like to have a resource that promotes this viewpoint.

This Is How Grubhub Is Hurting Your Favorite Restaurants And Why You Should Care
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ould-care/amp/

Thread Information