Widgets Magazine

Thread: Texas 130 tollway

Default Texas 130 tollway

Went down to South Padre last week for the first time in 15 years. The Texas SH130 tollway is a game changer. Get on at Georgetown and get off just east of San Antonio. No Austin traffic and depending on route, no SA traffic. Speed limits are 80 and 85 mph with very little traffic. If only they would extend up to North of Dallas.

Default Re: Texas 130 tollway

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Went down to South Padre last week for the first time in 15 years. The Texas SH130 tollway is a game changer. Get on at Georgetown and get off just east of San Antonio. No Austin traffic and depending on route, no SA traffic. Speed limits are 80 and 85 mph with very little traffic. If only they would extend up to North of Dallas.
    Driving to San Antonio a few years ago and there was heavy traffic and my GPS told me to take this. This is how I found out my cruise control wouldn't let me set it above 90mph lol

Apparently they have had trouble with wild hogs on that tollway.

They are a troublesome bunch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wild-hogs-521192dc0fb4c.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	16196

It would be nice for SH-130 to be part of a new beltway around the DFW. DFW metro needs a new ring road around the entire metroplex to accommodate current traffic and support future growth. NDT is getting extended and hopefully one day it will be extended to the Oklahoma state line when the DFW sprawl will eventually spill over.

I'm jealous of Texas' speed limits. Oklahoma's interstates are limited to lower speed limits than many 2 lane highways in Texas.

Really makes oklahoma seem like a speed trap state when federal interstates with cable barriers are signed and enforced at 70mph while a 2 lane highway in texas is signed for 75. Guess oklahoma needs the $afety.

I was going about 100 or so the entire way to Dallas on I-35 and I was passed by a few people and wasn’t flying by many leading me to believe most traffic was moving at around 85-90. I-35 should be at least 80 though the entire state and 70 through OKC. The faster the better, IMO.

That area was to be part of the Trans-Texas Corridor from the Mexico to Oklahoma borders. There was another proposed and some right-of-way bought (I-69) from the Houston seaport area to the border. SH-130 opened a couple of years before we moved from Austin to Colorado. We only used it a few times since we were on the SW side of Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    That area was to be part of the Trans-Texas Corridor from the Mexico to Oklahoma borders. There was another proposed and some right-of-way bought (I-69) from the Houston seaport area to the border. SH-130 opened a couple of years before we moved from Austin to Colorado. We only used it a few times since we were on the SW side of Austin.
    They are still working on I-69 south of Corpus but a large portion of it is down, It was a much nicer drive to S Padre than it was 15 years ago.

Thread Information