Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best of social media comments

Default The best of social media comments

As promised, I'm going to start sharing some of the craziest, angriest replies to the almost always completely innocuous OKCTalk social media posts.

Of course, there are tons of positive comments, but some of these people must be incredibly unhappy and there are always a bunch like this within minutes of my posts. It's not a small number of people, which says a lot about our culture.

From today 6/25/20:

Default Re: The best of social media comments

"parking lot with grass" - love it!

I had to stop posting Covid-19 updates because scores of people were expressing outrage about the spreading of negative news and accusing the posts (which just contained numbers) of having an agenda that no one could explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I had to stop posting Covid-19 updates because scores of people were expressing outrage about the spreading of negative news and accusing the posts (which just contained numbers) of having an agenda that no one could explain.
    Which is a shame. Speaking of, Dillon Richards does a really nice breakdown of the new data each day on Twitter. His comments are, of course, very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Which is a shame. Speaking of, Dillion Richards does a really nice breakdown of the new data each day on Twitter. His comments are, of course, very similar.
    Yes, others too... It's now well-covered territory so I've just backed away other than posting on the subject on OKCTalk.

This is amazing. I'll be back to this thread frequently.

Wherein posting photos of a museum under construction leads to this in about 30 minutes:

^
    wow. just wow.

12. Default Re: The best of social media comments

I used to think the anonymity of online forums gave people the courage to say dumb things then Facebook happened. People just say dumb things and now we all have to see it. Amazing.

Love this one:

The Facebook comments section on this post was especially amusing. Basically just half of the comments were complaining it was surely going to be section 8 projects (like above) and the other half complaining they were building another fancy downtown apt complex that the common man could never afford. I don't think both of those arguments can be true at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    The Facebook comments section on this post was especially amusing. Basically just half of the comments were complaining it was surely going to be section 8 projects (like above) and the other half complaining they were building another fancy downtown apt complex that the common man could never afford. I don't think both of those arguments can be true at the same time.
    hmmm... fancy section 8 housing that nobody can afford. it's just crazy enough to work!

16. Default Re: The best of social media comments

I wondered why you stopped. The spreadsheet was really convenient to go back to past dates. I miss it.

17. Default Re: The best of social media comments

Quote Originally Posted by LandThieves View Post
    This is amazing. I'll be back to this thread frequently.
    Yeah! This is gonna be fun. I need some fun. Actually we all need some fun.

So glad I don't have a FB account, madness lies that way...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    So glad I don't have a FB account, madness lies that way...
    Deactivated mine years ago. I'm so much happier!

This is great! I think it's just the internet in general, though.

Pfft, looks like a school to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Deactivated mine years ago. I'm so much happier!
    I still have my account but access it maybe once a week or so just to see what my extended family across the world is up to.

Other than that, it's a pointless distraction populated by lonely, insecure attention-seekers and hateful people making comments they wouldn't have the spine to say to someone's face. Sad to see how many people are addicted to it.

But it can be entertaining...

23. Default Re: The best of social media comments

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    I still have my account but access it maybe once a week or so just to see what my extended family across the world is up to.

Other than that, it's a pointless distraction populated by lonely, insecure attention-seekers and hateful people making comments they wouldn't have the spine to say to someone's face. Sad to see how many people are addicted to it.

But it can be entertaining...
    I mainly use my FB account to keep in contact with group of us that went to Sequoyah grade school. We’ve been, or had been til March, getting together for regular lunches every couple months since our 2017 40 year NWC class reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Pfft, looks like a school to me.
    Funny enough, my high school (Northeast) also looks like a prison.

I posted that drone shot with the 3 Uhaul-lot towers rendered and of course it prompted endless complaints about parking, traffic, expensive hotel rooms and the usual amount of overwhelming moaning.

Finally, someone had enough:

Here's another post showing the great growth and vision for OKC.

It's also what I've come to know as "posts that give OKC people on Facebook the biggest reason to complain about why it isn't worth it, why it's a waste, and now they don't have a place to park their 2008 Toyota Carolla when they go to a Thunder game twice a year".

Folks, this is what happens when cities are growing and have stronger economies and population spikes. If you don't want this, I suggest just hitting a highway an hour in any direction and moving to the thousands of open farmland that take up 90% of the state. Also, get off Facebook and social media. Go do something in the real world if this is how you spend your time.

Thread Information