Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Blog Entries

Lincoln Area Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Oklahoma State Election Board: https://www.ok.gov/elections/Electio...ons/index.html

Received my mail-in ballots today for my precinct from the Oklahoma County Election Board. There were 3 ballots for me to complete; it included 3 envelopes (2 envelopes need to be placed in the final OUTER ENVELOPE:

1. BALLOTS ATTENTION VOTER:

For secrecy, seal your ballot in this envelope before placing it in the affidavit envelope.

2. AFFIDAVIT
    (swear or affirm that I... ) NOTARY (Affix Seal Here); my affidavit envelope had yellow horizontal stripes--one at top & one at the bottom.

3. OUTER ENVELOPE

OFFICIAL ELECTION BALLOTING MATERIAL (Postage Required)

It cost .65 (cent) for this request to be sent to me via county election board.

I plan to put 2 stamps on the return to make sure postage is covered.

Blog Entries

Lincoln Area Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Oklahoma's Medicaid expansion: https://kfor.com/?s=medicaid+expansion

Medicaid expansion talk in Oklahoma
    https://oklahoman.com/article/563421...lk-in-oklahoma

Default Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I plan to put 2 stamps on the return to make sure postage is covered.
    Yes, you will need 2 stamps, it weights 1.15 oz. Found something interesting about the postage, though - turns out if you don't put enough (or don't put any at all) on a ballot for a federal election, it will still get delivered, but the county is on the hook for the postage. Don't think it works that way for non-federal elections.

Blog Entries

Lincoln Area Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Oklahoma voters have until 5 p.m., today--Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to request an absentee ballot for the June 30 primary election.

To request an absentee ballot, voters can apply using the OK Voter Portal, at www.ok.gov/elections/OVP.html.

Many local banks and credit unions are offering free notarization and copy services for customers and noncustomers.

The Metropolitan Library System in Oklahoma City and Pioneer Library System in Norman are also offering free ID copies for absentee voters.

For more information: https://www.ok.gov/elections/

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Oklahoma voters have until 5 p.m., today--Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to request an absentee ballot for the June 30 primary election.

To request an absentee ballot, voters can apply using the OK Voter Portal, at www.ok.gov/elections/OVP.html.

Many local banks and credit unions are offering free notarization and copy services for customers and noncustomers.

The Metropolitan Library System in Oklahoma City and Pioneer Library System in Norman are also offering free ID copies for absentee voters.

For more information: https://www.ok.gov/elections/
    I sent in a charcoal sketch of my driver's license.

When I requested my ballot I also requested another voter id card. I'm just gonna include that with my ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    When I requested my ballot I also requested another voter id card. I'm just gonna include that with my ballot.
    That's actually a great idea. But what about the November election? Or are you just going to request absentee ballots each and card each time, instead of the yearly option, which I now realize I stupidly did?
    I better buy more art supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    That's actually a great idea. But what about the November election? Or are you just going to request absentee ballots each and card each time, instead of the yearly option, which I now realize I stupidly did?
    I better buy more art supplies.
    Yeah, I plan to request each time. There's nothing like the experience of going to the voting place and casting my ballot, and I want to do it when I can. I'm hoping by November I won't need to vote by mail.

Blog Entries

Don't Forget, Tuesday, August 23, 2022:

It's Election Day!

It's Election Day for all seventy-seven (77) counties across the state! Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

It's a sad day for education in Oklahoma.

If you thought that Oklahoma has a teacher crisis now. Just wait and see what happens if Walters is the state superintendent. And if Stitt gets re-elected with him, we will end up beyond the crisis point. An idiot and a yes man do not bode well for us. And if you think that it doesn't matter that this mess is playing out, note that we've already lost one large deal to Kansas because of our education ranking. And these two bozos are doing everything they can to force their narrow views on the state and screw us all over.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It's a sad day for education in Oklahoma.

If you thought that Oklahoma has a teacher crisis now. Just wait and see what happens if Walters is the state superintendent. And if Stitt gets re-elected with him, we will end up beyond the crisis point. An idiot and a yes man do not bode well for us. And if you think that it doesn't matter that this mess is playing out, note that we've already lost one large deal to Kansas because of our education ranking. And these two bozos are doing everything they can to force their narrow views on the state and screw us all over.
    lol overreact much ...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol overreact much ...
    Except it’s not. And now that teachers in OK no longer have to have a degree to teach, we’re winning a race to the bottom.

lol overreact much ...
    Not really. We already have a massive teacher shortage and then we might elect a guy who constantly criticizes teachers and schools, even stated he wanted to refuse any federal dollars. Not to mention a state BOE who are punishing school districts over the questionable "violations." Probably not the best thing for keeping or attracting good and qualified teachers. I've heard many say they might leave the profession if hes elected.

lol overreact much ...
    I’ve already spoken to 2 different close friends/family who are going out of their way to leave the state and relocate their entirely family. One is scouting for homes around Denver today. That’s just me I’m sure there’s many others. It’s not overreacting.

Doesn't Ryan Walters still have to face a democrat in November? Not sure what the numbers on that side have, but if everyone who was against Ryan Walters in the primary votes for Nelson, surely that would be enough? I still voted Grace, even though I have heard from a number of Shawnee residents that she was not a great fit in her role out there. But I did not ask if these residents were Stitt fans or not. I consider myself a conservative-moderate, willing to fight more alongside libertarians rather than big parties, but I still shy away from any campaign that uses their ties with Trump, let alone Stitt, as there number one selling point. I want to know what you the candidate will do in office, not that you will be a puppet for the governor/president.

I watched 10PM Tuesday news on KWTV 9. I recall their pundit Scott Mitchell felt the Ryan Walters nomination was the biggest Republican risk in the November election. Walter’s extreme position was going to draw weakly from the April Grace voters and zero Democrats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Except it’s not. And now that teachers in OK no longer have to have a degree to teach, we’re winning a race to the bottom.
    And somehow many are actually proud of our state’s promotion of ignorance,

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’ve already spoken to 2 different close friends/family who are going out of their way to leave the state and relocate their entirely family. One is scouting for homes around Denver today. That’s just me I’m sure there’s many others. It’s not overreacting.
    the best person for the job won the primary

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Doesn't Ryan Walters still have to face a democrat in November? Not sure what the numbers on that side have, but if everyone who was against Ryan Walters in the primary votes for Nelson, surely that would be enough? I still voted Grace, even though I have heard from a number of Shawnee residents that she was not a great fit in her role out there. But I did not ask if these residents were Stitt fans or not. I consider myself a conservative-moderate, willing to fight more alongside libertarians rather than big parties, but I still shy away from any campaign that uses their ties with Trump, let alone Stitt, as there number one selling point. I want to know what you the candidate will do in office, not that you will be a puppet for the governor/president.
    it won't be close

HangryHippo Guest

lol ok

21. Default Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Not hardly. Being best qualified doesn't win you the election. Lord knows we see that with both parties across the country. In this case, Walters is not the best candidate comparing any of the candidates.

Let's do some quick comparisons for the now full election.

Jenna Nelson - teacher across different economic levels ( East Baton Rouge, LA, Putnam City, Edmond, Deer Creek). Teach of the year in Deer Creek. Currently teaches at Deer Creek middle school.
    Ryan Walters - taught social studies for just a few years before being APPOINTED for his yes man skills. Go read this little article from Tulsa to get a feel for how qualified he is https://tulsaworld.com/opinion/lette...e2124a731.html

And if you don't believe what i said about teachers quitting, well here's a story from Yahoo News even on it https://www.yahoo.com/video/might-ev...192828436.html
    It even adds some info about the wag-the-dog executive order Stitt recently signed that is completely meaningless other than to plant some seed into the uneducated on the matter.

being a teacher and a state level administrator are not the same thing ...

bending to the will of the teachers union is not a good thing .

Yep... I'm headed out.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Can you expand on that?

Walters was unqualified when he was appointed and has shown how unqualified he continues to be. He is not currently the state superintendent, so i'd be curious what things he has done, in your view, that makes him more qualified than his competitor. For me, the short time he's been in his current position, was enough to show me that he doesn't have a clue about what's best for PUBLIC education. He's perfectly happy to give it all away to private schools.

And how exactlly is anyone bending to teacher unions? The R party in the state has spent the better part of the last 15 years working to cut down funding for public ed. The strike was what was needed to force them to get off their duff and DO something. And quite a few teachers then won those legislator's seats in the next election. We're far from being where we need to be (since we're 49th in per student funding, and that already takes in to account the cost of living....49th, just behind Mississippi). That's a drop of at least 10 spots during that 15 years. How is that bending to unions? That's all on the R party in the capital.

Blog Entries

Are you just anti union for all workers or just against teachers unionizing?

Thread Information