Widgets Magazine

Thread: 4th of July in OKC

Default 4th of July in OKC

Hey guys!

I'm new to living in OKC and I was just wondering what events the city has planned for the 4th? Specifically downtown, but anywhere in the metro works. Does the city put on a big fireworks show? I tried googling but all I'm coming up with is articles from last year and year's past and no solid info.

Thanks!

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: 4th of July in OKC

This year will likely be very different from what we've done in the past, but there's usually lots of huge fireworks displays all over the metro.

I know at least Edmond has cancelled and they were one of the biggest shows in the state.

Do they do one downtown/Bricktown? Just wondering if we could go downtown and take part in festivities and stay downtown to watch a fireworks show

Norman rescheduled their fireworks show for Labor Day weekend.

I wished that cities would go ahead with the fireworks but have it were most people can see the show from home and for those who cannot, then have a parking lot or lots or area for viewing. but where cars are spaced out and no one is allowed out of their vehicle. Not sure if that is possible. I was thinking some place like the fair grounds or something.

I normally watch Edmond's from my home on the east side. Nice to just sit out on the front porch and enjoy my favorite beverage (ice tea) or ? and be able to just walk inside when its over. No traffic.

Most of the country clubs have firework shows as well, so you could possibly see from a distance.

My plan is as always, stay on my front porch and watch. I live on a hill on the east side of Edmond which usually allows for great viewing of multiple displays.

I'm feeling a little bummed. For the past 10+ years I've always traveled up to Minnesota for the 4th to spend at least a long weekend if not a whole week at the lakes. A number of family and friends have cabins scattered about Minnesota, which makes for short trips to visit different lakes. A lot of great memories, there are some great outdoorsy lakeside bars, always a lotta fun! Definitely missing my summer trek, feels like abandoning of a ritual.

So yeah, I have time off from work, scheduled 6 months ago, and I'm trying to find ideas of activities/outings locally. Any 4th of July traditions, maybe I can riff off of ?

Yukon is still having fireworks at Chisholm Trail Park both 3 and 4 July

13. Default Re: 4th of July in OKC

I'm usually floating in my pool with a beer in-hand, watching all the neighbor's money go up in flash-bang-smoke. I'm wondering if Mustang will be having their big self-exhibition extravaganza in Wild Horse Park this year?

i used to drive out to Lake Hefner and from there you can see fireworks from all around the city

15. Default Re: 4th of July in OKC

We had a sailboat for years. We’d go sit in the middle of Hefner and watch fireworks all the way around.

Thread Information