Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 181920212223

Thread: Mayfair Shopping Center

Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Quote Originally Posted by irishtate View Post
    I'm no economist, but my word it seems like all of this inflation is going to eventually catch up with these businesses. Surely they're going to price themselves out of the reach of the very people who patronize their business/product. It seems to be EVERYTHING. Not just fast food or groceries, but rent, car prices, sneakers, you name it.
    Inflation would eventually go down more if people would just quit spending, but they aren't. They continue to spend freely. We don't eat out nearly as much as we once did, and we're very selective of where we go and definitely pay attention to costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Your welcome.

It’s just that so many think that if they don’t care for something it means it shouldn’t exist. We are sharing opinions and my opinion is that apparently enough people disagree that it isn’t worth patronizing them that they are moving forward.
    I never said they shouldn't exist. Nor did I say they shouldn't expand. You're creating an argument where none existed.

3. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Inflation would eventually go down more if people would just quit spending, but they aren't. They continue to spend freely. We don't eat out nearly as much as we once did, and we're very selective of where we go and definitely pay attention to costs.
    People "spending freely" is not the core reason for inflation as you are being spoon fed. People paying 40% more for the thing that are essential for them, not blowing $ on luxuries at a huge rate. There are other reasons we can't talk about due to political talk prohibitions but "spending freely" is not one of them when so many are holding 2 - 3 jobs just to make rent..

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    People "spending freely" is not the core reason for inflation as you are being spoon fed. People paying 40% more for the thing that are essential for them, not blowing $ on luxuries at a huge rate. There are other reasons we can't talk about due to political talk prohibitions but "spending freely" is not one of them when so many are holding 2 - 3 jobs just to make rent..
    You need to learn to read a bit closer before jumping onto your political bandwagon.

I didn't attribute inflation to people spending freely. My point is that people are still spending freely, which means the price hikes are baked in and they have just accepted them (even if they don't care for them). Literally just read about this this week in the Wall Street Journal and other financial media.

Consumer spending accounts for 70% of the US economy. You know that. If people were to pull back their spending a bit, retail prices would adjust. But people who have the means are still buying like crazy, which is why the economy has been doing well even while people feel the pain of increased prices, and one reason why retail prices are not coming down.

Thread Information