Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 22 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayfair Shopping Center

Northwest OKC Mayfair Shopping Center

After being purchased by a new owner, renovation has started on the section on the east side of May.

Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

That’s great to see. In the top photo on the right is where Humpty Dumpty used to be IIRC. The bottom photo Is where Otasco was.

Any idea of what it will look like when finished?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredlovesivanka View Post
    Any idea of what it will look like when finished?
    I talked to the owners and they said there will be a major overhaul.

The demolition shown in the photos is mainly exploratory so they can figure out what they are dealing with.

I have the strong feeling the few tenants -- other than Michael's and Steinmart -- will not be sticking around.

They also said they plan to replant trees and do extensively landscaping.

Thanks Pete.

Steinmart is closing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Steinmart is closing.
    Yes, liquidating all its 279 stores.

Noticed that there is some exterior work going on next door to Michael's. Any idea what's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Noticed that there is some exterior work going on next door to Michael's. Any idea what's going on here?
    The UPS store is relocating from their spot facing 50th.

This would be a great location for a World Market!! That was a really nice Stein Mart that was in there. Some cool locally owned Bistro's or Latin food establishment.

Will there be any tenants left after this overhaul?

They are keeping pretty much everyone who is there currently and actively working on some new tenants.

Looks like work has started on the SW corner (where Ron’s is) in the same fashion as the rest of the work. Looks like Ron’s is left in tact though.

I live close by, I noticed on the southwest side they have gone down to the original roof, Ron's Burgers are the only one still there, then ALDI's, then two-three stores vacant then Union Bank, CVS is a stand alone , I heard where the gas station was on the east side might be a 7-11 gas station take up that whole corner some of the new ones I see are as big as a OnCue

The southwest part of the center will look different than the rest of the renovation.

They've kicked out all the tenants including Ron's and hope to get some nice replacements.

^^^ Nice, that's the way to go!

Unfortunately, the rest of the center will keep that big, pitched facade but will be significantly upgraded.

All but the southwest section had a very different facade to start, so it won't look like this cool mid-century section.

I'm not sure what they plan to do with the old service station on the southeast corner of May & 50th. It's actually attached to part of the center and it's a very small parcel compared to the modern OnCue's and 7-11's. But whatever happens it will be a huge improvement over the current eyesore.

On the northwest corner of 50th & May, they are preparing to raze the old Presbyterian church and replace it with some sort of commercial development. No demo permits yet, but they've been going through that place getting it ready for demolition.

It's owned by the same group that now owns Mayfair.

Ron's is gone? That's unfortunate.

i really hope ron's opens back up somewhere... it was a weekly lunch spot for me pre-covid as it is just down from my office...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The southwest part of the center will look different than the rest of the renovation.

They've kicked out all the tenants including Ron's and hope to get some nice replacements.

I drive by this twice a day and it currently looks atrocious. Good to see the renderings make it look a lot better. I was starting to think that tearing it down would be better. Glad I was wrong.

Incredibly disappointed to find out there was a Ron's so close to me after it's already closed.

They have a lot of space to lease.

Michael's is still there as is the UPS Store. But other than that there is only a small tailor shop, a nail place and a barber.

The southwest section has now been completely cleared out (as discussed above); the southeast section is 100% vacant after Steinmart closed and the Mexican restaurant pulled out. The section on the west side of May next to the bank is also 100% vacant.

You can see from the one drone shot that other than the southwest section, the rest of the space is very deep which means you need large tenants.

My understanding is the entire center will be renovated and then they'll fix up the parking lot and add landscaping. Sure hope that brings in more businesses because not only the development an eyesore which is being addressed, it's incredibly depressing. It's a good thing Aldi took a chunk of the old center and brought something new and vibrant to the immediate area.

They started on the SE corner first and it still looks the same. Any idea what is going on there?

Since that section is vacant, they pulled off some of the facade to see what was behind.

Was it a plant store next to Ron's?

Thread Information