Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayfair Shopping Center

Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Plans for the Domino car wash to be located directly east of their c-store. As far as I can tell, nothing has ever been built on this lot.

Demo permits have been filed for the l-shaped section of the center that is to the south of Michael's on the east side of May.

As I mentioned previously, the developer told me that section was riddled with problems which they discovered after they tore back part of the facade.

They will build back according to the deals they can strike.

It might have already been mentioned upthread, but it looks like the UPS Store is open in the new location just north of Michael's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    It might have already been mentioned upthread, but it looks like the UPS Store is open in the new location just north of Michael's?
    Yes, they moved into a brand new space about a week ago; all new fixtures as well. Much nicer than before and that place is always busy.

They are doing asbestos abatement in their old store to prep for demolition of that section to make way for Domino.

I see the site work at the top left corner of the photo, what project is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I see the site work at the top left corner of the photo, what project is that?
    I believe that is the former Mayfair (or maybe Central?) Presbyterian Church. The excavation is where the basement was. No project at this time IIRC. Just removal of building before it becomes a blight.

Getting ready to come down:

Most of the eastern section was down tonight.

On the first pic, remind me, is the whole thing coming down or are they leaving the section they started tearing out to inspect?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    On the first pic, remind me, is the whole thing coming down or are they leaving the section they started tearing out to inspect?
    It's all coming down.

Is Summer Moon still set to open sometime in March?

Quote Originally Posted by lady_o View Post
    I went by there yesterday and they don't even have the storefronts in, so I would expect this will be pushed back a month or so.

The southeast section is now completely flattened as they are still clearing away the debris:

Quote Originally Posted by lady_o View Post
    I was told April by the owners. That was about a month ago.

The Summer Moon space now has glass (far left in the 1st photo). The 2nd photo is of the interior.

3rd photo is for restaurant and patio space still for lease.

They've started to demo the section north of Michael's where Dominos C-Store will be built.

They can't raze the old service station and connected retail until they move the tailor and barber to the SW section of the center, which should be in about another month.

Pete, do you know if they have any specific plans for that south parcel which has now been leveled? Given how completely refreshed the front of the section being kept is, I feel like they could build a new section and match the look pretty closely if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Pete, do you know if they have any specific plans for that south parcel which has now been leveled? Given how completely refreshed the front of the section being kept is, I feel like they could build a new section and match the look pretty closely if they wanted to.
    They have no specific plans, just tore it down because it was a mess.

I know they are trying to work deals for this spot, as well as on the NW corner of 50th & May (which they also own) on the site of the old church.

Both parcels are prime real estate with lots of density, traffic and income all around. They are just being patient and trying to find the right fit.

20. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Im sure the lot will be some other random thing that doesn't match. Mayfair turned from a somewhat themed concept area, to a bunch of mishmash with a small strip mall in the mix. Have to say, this entire thing ended up being a massive disappointment to me. With the prime land they had, they could have done so much more here.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Im sure the lot will be some other random thing that doesn't match. Mayfair turned from a somewhat themed concept area, to a bunch of mishmash with a small strip mall in the mix. Have to say, this entire thing ended up being a massive disappointment to me. With the prime land they had, they could have done so much more here.
    It really hasn't been that appealing over the years, even with the "theme". I like the fact they're not afraid to carve out something new. I hear you, though. I'm still very encouraged by the project.

The first photo is some sort of basement that was under the recently demolished SE section.

Next two are of the demolition area just north of Michael's.

Touchstone Medical Imaging is going into a spot on the westside south of the bank, taking part of the space proposed for Harbor Freight. Will have two MRI machines and one CT scan.

https://www.touchstoneimaging.com/

24. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

I completely agree with the threads over the years about older buildings being demolished. But I've felt loose connections to buildings and hated seeing them go. But I've never felt personally connected to a building except the Fairgrounds Speedway grandstands. But seeing the building where Otasco was gone is painful. My dad and I spent a LOT of time there. He bought everything for what we could do to the cars there and took them there for the things he didn't want to tackle. My first Daisy bb rifle came from there. My first .22 rifle came from there. I'm sure most everything in mom's kitchen came from there. I could probably go on for a long page. May SE Mayfair rest in peace.

^

Where was OTASCO located in that SE section?

I'm trying to picture it.

Thread Information