Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Foot

Default Re: Chicken Foot

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I honestly have no knowledge of what Gigglez is/was, but I think it sounds like a comedy club. How far off am I?
    You're close. It was a comedy club/bar/restaurant. Their food was actually decent, but their marketing was so bad that it didn't do that well. It was in the old Kong's spot. Their menu was pretty incredible. My friends and I still talk about Gigglez...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    You probably weren't one of them, but I caught flack for thinking the same thing when gigglez opened in midtown.
    i personally have an irrational 'hatred' of any place that replaces the final 's' in a name with a 'z'... it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i personally have an irrational 'hatred' of any place that replaces the final 's' in a name with a 'z'... it's like nails on a chalkboard.
    Yep, that’s exactly why I haven’t gone and will never go to Cheddar’z or Razzoo’z.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Yep, that’s exactly why I haven’t gone and will never go to Cheddar’z or Razzoo’z.
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Wait, what?
    Haha, it was a joke! I just don’t like either place.

6. Default Re: Chicken Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Makes you wonder who comes up with these names. I have always wondered why Dress Barn stayed in business so long.
    Dress Barn succeeded because of their business model. For the 24 years my wife worked at Hertz and had to wear “appropriate” office wear Dress Barn was her go to place for reasonably priced, quality, fashionable clothes.

My sarcastic point earlier is that name branding is not about shock value, it's about conveying your product effectively to consumers. There's a lot of boring names of successful businesses.

They should be open in a few weeks.

Cool space - another acoustic failure of modern architecture. I bet it will be extremely noisy in there. I think the softest, most noise absorbent feature inside the building will be the napkins.

I am excited to try this place out after it opens and they work out the kinks. Great operator, though.

11. Default Re: Chicken Foot

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Cool space - another acoustic failure of modern architecture. I bet it will be extremely noisy in there. I think the softest, most noise absorbent feature inside the building will be the napkins.
    I think that's more of a "feature" than a bug, it keeps people from sitting around and talking "too long." I'm not defending that trend at all (I hate it), but I think that's the purpose of the super loud designs these days.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I think that's more of a "feature" than a bug, it keeps people from sitting around and talking "too long." I'm not defending that trend at all (I hate it), but I think that's the purpose of the super loud designs these days.
    That, and the "energy" that the noise creates, so it's seen as a fun, exciting place to go, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That, and the "energy" that the noise creates, so it's seen as a fun, exciting place to go, I believe.
    That very "energy" you speak of keeps my wife away from these places. Plus, our child definitely likes the quieter places, he just seems to behave better when the place is not so loud.

For me personally I rather places stop pumping in loud music, I prefer the sounds of people talking and dishes moving when I am out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    That very "energy" you speak of keeps my wife away from these places. Plus, our child definitely likes the quieter places, he just seems to behave better when the place is not so loud.

For me personally I rather places stop pumping in loud music, I prefer the sounds of people talking and dishes moving when I am out in public.
    Absolutely, I agree with you, I've got some tinnitus (decades of loud concerts) and those "energetic" places drive me nuts.

Absolutely, I agree with you, I've got some tinnitus (decades of loud concerts) and those "energetic" places drive me nuts.
    I have hearing loss in the normal speech range (decade working the flight line) so having scrambled conversations from 12 different tables echoing around makes it difficult for me to enjoy having lunch with someone in these establishments because oddly enough I can hear the person 5 tables away clear as a bell, but the person sitting in front of me I hear this" Hi, ___you ___doing. I ____ get this _______ ______ at ____ place, I think ____ good". I do a lot of lip reading when conversing to help me "hear" what I am missing through hearing loss so that helps, except right now with masks I can't do that.

Anywho.

Virtually every restaurant and bar have nothing but hard surfaces.

Not only are those the design trends but there are sanitary / smell issues with carpet, fabric furniture and drapes.

A very few places have accoustic panels hidden in the ceilings and some of the old spots have that awful accoustic tile suspended ceilings which also hold smells and dirt.

High ceilings help cut the noise a bit, but that's about the only variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Virtually every restaurant and bar have nothing but hard surfaces.

Not only are those the design trends but there are sanitary / smell issues with carpet, fabric furniture and drapes.

A very few places have accoustic panels hidden in the ceilings and some of the old spots have that awful accoustic tile suspended ceilings which also hold smells and dirt.

High ceilings help cut the noise a bit, but that's about the only variable.
    IIRC, one of the local restaurant groups did some good designs with almost invisible sound baffling hidden around the interior (in the ceiling, as you said, porous fabric on the booth seats, etc.), but can't remember who it was (or if it was even in OKC, could've been in another city I lived in).

And I hear ya, catch. I'm kinda the same way when it gets loud (or in the grocery store with all the music and announcements bouncing everywhere and I can't hear my wife very well if she's ahead of me and speaking straight ahead, she has to turn around and talk.

Opens 9/14.

how do you open a restaurant called Chicken Foot and not have a single menu item that has chicken feet? seriously a missed opportunity for a really good and relatively unused item.... if done properly they are so great.... i'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    how do you open a restaurant called Chicken Foot and not have a single menu item that has chicken feet? seriously a missed opportunity for a really good and relatively unused item.... if done properly they are so great.... i'm disappointed.
    Slight threadjack here, sorry. Was at Chow's one time, thought about getting duck feet, never had them before, but they were served cold, I believe, so thought that might be weird and got duck tongues instead. Never had chicken feet - any recommendations on where to get them?

Slight threadjack here, sorry. Was at Chow's one time, thought about getting duck feet, never had them before, but they were served cold, I believe, so thought that might be weird and got duck tongues instead. Never had chicken feet - any recommendations on where to get them?
    Grand House has chicken feet. We eat Dim Sum there on Sunday's every once in a while and I've seen them. Never had them.

I may try this place for lunch some time since its just down the street, but I'm not particularly excited about it. Kind of burned out on chicken.

I applied to get a soft invite. I want it to do well. So far the only place I like in the restaurant group is broadway 10

They opened today.

I had the Sticky Chicky sandwich, which had a *huge* fried chicken breast, cole slaw, pickles and a bit of maple/honey. It was very good and a large portion.

Had a side of brussel sprouts which were nicely charred and a different option instead of fries or okra. They were very good as well.

And of course, I had to have a cinammon roll and it was excellent, and I know my c-rolls.

Honestly, I could have split the entire meal as the portions were very large.

They kept the rectangular bar in the middle and it makes for a good vibe. I will definitely go back to watch a game and have drink/beer.

They could replace the Hopdoddy in Nichols Hills with one of these too and I think I'd be fairly happy with the replacement.

Thread Information