Quote Originally Posted by tillyato View Post
Is this happening? I haven't seen that a new Danforth interchange or widening I-35 to 6 lanes up to Waterloo is on the ODOT 8 year plan...
According to Larry Stevens Edmond/ODOT are applying for federal grants. The project could potentially start in 2024/25 as the same time the Danforth/Sooner intersection project is scheduled to begin. That project alone with widen sections of mainline road to 2 lanes each with a median and sidewalks 300-500 feet each way from the intersection. The intersection itself will be signalized and expanded for left and right turn lanes. They will also add a new traffic signal outside of Francis Tuttle.

The Danforth/I-35 Interchange would be rebuilt and new ramps added to I-35 allowing for 3 through lanes each way and possible service roads. The I-35 expansion is a completely separate project. I'm sure ODOT has long term plans for projects they are considering but they don't post them. Sometimes if you watch the commission meetings they may mention those projects when discussing other planned projects nearby. I know such an example of where they mentioned a project to widen I-35 south of second street to eight lanes and when that happens is anyone's guess probably not this decade.

Later tonight when I get home I will dig up the city managers report as it is a fairly recent one where Stevens discusses the Danforth construction.