Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2020 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: June 2020 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    What is up with this silly heat dome coming right back in a couple days? Isn't June supposed to be one of the wetter months? Hope this doesn't turn out like the drought that started in 2010.
    Sad to say, but it looks like we are heading into a Severe Drought weather wise. Hope I'm wrong. Once High pressure sets in and Jet stream is farther North, all bets are off for getting moisture unless from the Gulf. Which it seems is always a Pipe Dream.

The drought will build back in from the west over the next two weeks. On the very extreme horizon, there does look to be some signs of pattern shift - which will hopefully pan out and give us some rain. But again, that won't be until almost July and a lot can change before then.

GFS showing potential signs of a stationary front draping across Oklahoma around the 19th which would bring some rain chances.

After an active start the tropics look pretty quiet over the next couple weeks.

Forecast next week doesn't look as hot as it was looking a few days ago. Still mid 90s for highs, but looks like most triple digits will be extreme W/NW OK.

Slight chance of an isolated storm or two this afternoon, mostly confined to E OK.

Better chances (still not great) as we head into the weekend. Then some decent chances of some rain beginning of next week. We are officially in the "we'll take what we can get" phase.

6. Default Re: June 2020 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    We are officially in the "we'll take what we can get" phase.
    Right.... I've gotten to where I don't even swallow my saliva at the farm anymore... It all gets spit around my newly planted berry bushes!

Some good news this morning, rainfall chances are looking better for late Thursday into Friday and again Saturday morning. A dying out boundary will be draped across the NW part of the state which should trigger some development that rides along outflow boundaries and could provide a soaking rain for lucky ones.

8. Default Re: June 2020 - General Weather Discussion

Actual rain! Finally!

Hope So. These rain maps change every hour it seems. Bring on the Rain!!!!!

When do we expect the rain? Any ideas on totals?

We should see some type of development near daybreak that is (most likely) in N/NW OK. This will expand from there to other places by lunchtime, where and when exactly is looking extremely difficult to forecast as it will be rain and storms riding along their own outflow boundaries. These types of events are usually pretty random. But the good news, is it looks like SOMEONE will be getting some good rainfall.

Right now it looks like the best shot for rain Friday is W into C OK.

Then Sunday into Monday looks like N into NE OK.

Here are some maps showing potential outcomes from Friday through late Saturday

David Payne dropping rain percentages. It doesn't look like promising, but hope I'm wrong. Praying for 1" of rain in west OKC.

Rain and storm development zone is moving in toward the metro from the west right now. Should be raining across majority of OKC by lunchtime.

There is potential for an additional round of rain/storms tonight from a MCS that develops in the TX panhandle. The best shot for this is across SW and S OK, though.

Thank goodness for the rain!

After living in California for 25 years, not only does it not rain much, there was a big drought by their standards on top of that. Everything not artificially (and expensively) watered died, the wildlife really struggled, tons of destructive fires, etc.

After that experience, I realized water = life and I'm grateful every single time it rains.

15. Default Re: June 2020 - General Weather Discussion

We got dumped on in Norman. Flooding everywhere. Happy to have it!

Massive cold pool over C OK with pockets of light rain still falling. Severe storms are developing across the panhandle now, they will probably make it to W OK before being killed by the cooled, stable air. Maybe some light showers late in the metro from whatever hasn't dissipated.

Still may have some development for Saturday, but location and chances are hard to predict right now with all of the boundaries scattered across the area now. Just check radar before doing outdoor plans.

Sunday night into Monday still looks decent for another round of storms, could be some severe.

Another round of severe storms will come down from KS overnight. Localized flooding and strong wind with bow echoes is the main threat.

Severe thunderstorm watch has been out for large part of the state. Severe line is just now entering the NW part of the state.

I had a big rainstorm this morning in NW OKC. Nice to get these rains

One more round of storms going up now across SE Colorado right now. Models bring broken line down across panhandles and into W/SW OK. Chances are low for anything substantial reaching the metro, but sometimes these things expand randomly.

Pretty solid early-summer forecast for the next 7-10 days.

Highs near 90, lows upper 60s and low 70s.

Next shot at rain looks like very slight chances Friday through the weekend from a dying pacific tropical system. At this time, I wouldn't let it ruin any plans.

Thread Information