Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Blog Entries

Post Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Good. Now murder charges need to be filed.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Hope justice given to these officers for this unnecessary death of this individual.

No person already handcuffed should be treated like what you see on this video.

Will be interested to hear what the medical examiner states is the cause of death and the timeline for when the officers called for the ambulance.

The officer holding his knee on neck murdered him plain and simple. He should never see freedom again in his miserable life. If Minny has death sentence then he should be hanged. Most officers place knee on back and only to cuff. He held knee on neck for over 10 minutes, and didn’t even check on him. The others were accessory to murder and could have stopped it too.

I hope justice is fast and they get harshest penalties allowed by law.

This is manslaughter. While there was no intent (not murder), incompetence does not excuse negligence, which does not excuse a civilians death. All should be tried for manslaughter.

Here’s the 10 minute video, what a senseless travesty.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CUzlr_1590497244

HangryHippo Guest

Manslaughter my ass. If someone held their knee over your neck until you quit breathing, they murdered you.

And this stuff is what makes the other racist event in the news so scary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acIbrs4d8-Y

Luckily this one didn't escalate like it could have.

Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    This is manslaughter. While there was no intent (not murder), incompetence does not excuse negligence, which does not excuse a civilians death. All should be tried for manslaughter.
    Manslaughter!? These pigs murdered this guy. That is all there is to it.

I bet the officer argues he was taught to use this and apparently their policy manual lists the neck restraint as a non-lethal option. Obviously it looks like the policy was misapplied in this circumstance.

I hope they get life sentence in prison, I hear prisoners really like police officers sharing the cell block.

Thin blue line, my ass.

From the Chicago Tribune: In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect’s neck is allowed under the department’s use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Manslaughter my ass. If someone held their knee over your neck until you quit breathing, they murdered you.
    https://www.sevenslegal.com/criminal...slaughter/281/

I don't think they set out intending to kill someone. Not one bit. But incompetence does not excuse manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Manslaughter!? These pigs murdered this guy. That is all there is to it.
    Murder implies intent. I don't think they intended to kill him, and any marginally decent lawyer will be able to argue that. Manslaughter does not imply intent, and is very easy to prove, given this video.

Murder implies intent. I don't think they intended to kill him, and any marginally decent lawyer will be able to argue that. Manslaughter does not imply intent, and is very easy to prove, given this video.
    https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.195

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    (a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
    Yup. They had a shooting a couple of years ago where an officer, when startled, accidently fired a shot through a window and killed a woman. Got sentenced to prison for third degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

I had never even heard of 3rd degree murder. Seems like voluntary manslaughter, to me.

Blog Entries

OMG, this is worse than I thought...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CUzlr_1590497244

Whatever he did this individual didn't deserve to be executed on the spot by police acting as judge, jurors and executioners.

21. Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

I work for a law enforcement training center that has a ton of force on force training that all officers have to attend. I’m sure that police force has similar requirements. The officer knew what force was required and acceptable. Even with that knowledge he went WAY over the line. To me that qualifies as murder. The other three should get manslaughter for not stopping it.

I had never even heard of 3rd degree murder. Seems like voluntary manslaughter, to me.
    Statutes are a state thing. I'm guessing your not familiar with Minnesota law.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Yup. They had a shooting a couple of years ago where an officer, when startled, accidently fired a shot through a window and killed a woman. Got sentenced to prison for third degree murder.
    Mohammed Noor. He was convicted of 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter, getting 12.5 years. First cop in last 16 cop on civilian deaths in that jurisdiction to be charged. The cop was a Somali immigrant and the woman was Austrailian.
    The system is inherently a conflict of interest when the prosecutor is considered a law enforcement official.
    IMO whenever a cop kills a civilian the prosecutor should be from the state AG office, not the guy who relies on the local FOP for reelection endorsement.

Looks like the riots are starting to get pretty bad. Was shocked by some of the video I saw on Twitter. I suppose the military will need to intervene soon.

I don't think I will ever understand how riots like this accomplish anything. They have burnt down an apartment complex and an Autozone, looted and destroyed an entire Target, and destroyed countless other establishments. One person was even killed last night. They are lucky the Autozone didn't explode with the amount of chemicals that are sold in there.

Thread Information