Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

1. Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    So just because there is an incomplete video with no context and the public is rioting he isn’t entitled to a trial by jury and to be presumed innocent until proven guilty???

I agree that he should be charged, should be found guilty and should be punished...but by a judge and jury after his day in court...not by the public.
    Agree. I wouldn't want to be in Minneapolis if the ex-officer is tried and found not guilty. I’m afraid the riots would make the Rodney King verdict riots look like nothing.

Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Now I wish I could remember where I saw the Capture, but there were a total of 3 officers on him. The second was on his mid section, the third on his legs.

Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I don't think he's saying that. You're a smart man, we have all seen the video. We aren't going off of hearsay. Of course he will have his day in court, but I don't think it will necessarily end well for him. Crazier things have happened in the legal system, however. This case might have a high chance of a mistrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Now I wish I could remember where I saw the Capture, but there were a total of 3 officers on him. The second was on his mid section, the third on his legs.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/ge...rnd/index.html

Blog Entries

Post Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

The Black Lives Matter protest in Oklahoma City will be:

Sunday, May 31 at 2:30 p.m. at 36th Street & Kelley.

White House is on lockdown. Riots outside of DC. I wonder how long it is until we see it here in OKC. CNN in Atlanta has crazy riots going on right now.

Killer Mike speaking from his heart. Super powerful. I recommend everyone watch. NSFW (language)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    White House is on lockdown. Riots outside of DC. I wonder how long it is until we see it here in OKC. CNN in Atlanta has crazy riots going on right now.

I highly doubt much rioting will occur in OKC. This is not the political forum, so will not get into the deep political nature of the riots. I will say, if you look at the cities that have riots, you will see a trend of who has been in charge of the local governments for the past 30-50 years and nothing has changed over this time. It is easy to blame others for the situation, but self reflection is important.

George Floyd Autopsy States Underlying Health Conditions 'Likely Contributed to His Death'

https://amp-www-complex-com.cdn.ampp...y-caused-death

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post

Just to let you know. You are advocating for violence and destruction of personal property.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    Just to let you know. You are advocating for violence and destruction of personal property.
    And promoting the status quo is advocating systemic injustice that’s resulting in the deaths of countless minorities. Also that post isn’t condoning the violence but rather puts it in context. If you ignore the peaceful protests of a victimized group, they’re going to resort to more and more drastic measures to get heard.

Telling that you would go straight to that line of thought...

I did no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    George Floyd Autopsy States Underlying Health Conditions 'Likely Contributed to His Death'

https://amp-www-complex-com.cdn.ampp...y-caused-death
    Even if...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    And promoting the status quo is advocating systemic injustice that’s resulting in the deaths of countless minorities. Also that post isn’t condoning the violence but rather puts it in context. If you ignore the peaceful protests of a victimized group, they’re going to resort to more and more drastic measures to get heard.
    Please observe where these issues occur. In the place where one political party has been in power over 40 years always talking about doing stuff but never taking action. The political party needs a permanent underclass to vote for them. Who is oppressing who... the political party that has ruled these cities for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    The eggshell defense wouldn't work for me as a juror, because it was time for the cop to realize he was dealing with an eggshell when Floyd said, "I can't breathe". When a stream started coming from his body was the last warning sign to realize that.

Please observe where these issues occur. In the place where one political party has been in power over 40 years always talking about doing stuff but never taking action. The political party needs a permanent underclass to vote for them. Who is oppressing who... the political party that has ruled these cities for a long time.
    America. They occur in America. Hence the "systemic" part of this. The system isn't local cities, towns, etc. but the whole underlying foundation of our country. You're absolutely delusional if you don't think these kinds of outcomes happen in "red" states and cities like OKC, Tulsa, Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thank you. That picture is disturbing. The "Murder Cop" is on his neck and chest. On the large size too.

Blog Entries

The eggshell defense wouldn't work for me as a juror, because it was time for the cop to realize he was dealing with an eggshell when Floyd said, "I can't breathe". When a stream started coming from his body was the last warning sign to realize that.
    Good observation...

There comes a point the police who can't make rational judgement while the nation witnesses a bunch of police on one handcuffed individual (like a pack of Hyenas on a wildebeest) Floyd respectfully telling them he can't breathe; regardless of his medical condition or what he was charged with 'passing a fake $20 bill' didn't deserve to be executed (murdered).

Why was he put on the ground (treated in that manner) when you should have easily placed him in the police car.

The initial report the police made on George Floyd made no mention of these officers detaining him (omission cast suspicions). Thank God for the video. People are tired of the lies and failure to mention those details leading to Floyd's death--this is how you lose trust in your own law enforcement.

We have a law that if a person in the commission of a robbery is aiding & abetting; all involved are held accountable and charged for the actions if something goes wrong. Our law enforcement officers on the scene should be held to those same standards.

(?) Attorney General William Barr, you've aligned yourself with being President Trump's personal attorney; how much faith can the American people have in you...

Every Attorney General serves at the pleasure of their respective president

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Good observation...

There comes a point the police who can't make rational judgement while the nation witnesses a bunch of police on one handcuffed individual (like a pack of Hyenas on a wildebeest) Floyd respectfully telling them he can't breathe; regardless of his medical condition or what he was charged with 'passing a fake $20 bill' didn't deserve to be executed (murdered).

Why was he put on the ground (treated in that manner) when you should have easily placed him in the police car.
    I think it was observed before the video started that Floyd went down on his own, whether deliberately or due to a condition, I don't know.

Kind of interesting that a year prior to this event, Floyd and Chauvin worked together at a night club as bouncers.

You misunderstood. As victimizer, if you break an eggshell victim, even if you don't know they are, it is not a defense they were weak, had a condition, or some other argument that a normal person would have been able to handle the abuse better. In other words, Floyd's "contributing" heath issues if any, don't mean anything in defense of the officers actions. He was murdered same as if he was 100% healthy.

24. Default Re: Four Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died . . .

^^^^

Everyone gets his/her day in court but l don't think a reasonable person can argue that this wasn't a murder.

All I know is I really hope people wear mask and goggles when they protest. God knows Covid is still hiding so if people are gonna go out at least be safe. Maybe even bring some umbrella's to deflect some tear gas. Also BLM needs to bring these protest to Edmond, Moore, Norman, Yukon and Mustang. Be peaceful but it would get it to bring to the burbs.

Thread Information