Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Default Re: Walmart files permit for $1.25M remodel of I-240 SuperCenter

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This would be a cool site to have something like Penn Central/OAK development with an urban Walmart as an anchor.
    The idea is neat, for sure, but I don't think that's a good location for something like that, unfortunately. Pedestrian access totally sucks, and vehicle access isn't much better. But if someone did want to build a development like that there, I'd personally much rather see it on the collection of parcels just north of that Walmart, bounded by S Santa Fe to the west, I-240 to the south, S Shields to the east, and Webster Middle School to the north. Even if they built around the old Shields Plaza, there'd still be plenty of room for a nice development like that.

The southside has so much raw, undeveloped land... I'd rather see infill on vacant lots first.

Give me that and a Homeland or a Crest where the old Riviera Drive-In used to be, on the SE corner of 59th and Santa Fe, and it'd go a long way toward revitalizing this area.

I also think for a development like that the city or state needs to invest in the I-240 corridor. I believe MAPS 4 will have money for this but I’m skeptical that it will make real improvements. Of course anything is good at this point.

My family has businesses at I-240 and Shields area and I’m frequently in this part of town when I’m visiting. Though the interchange project isn’t done, the section they just did already has cracked curbed, pedestrians signals that are virtually non functioning, and a damaged light pole that took out the pedestrian signal and OkDOT couldn’t be bothered to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Not for this southsider. Lived in SW OKC all my life and never used this WM for groceries. Rarely went (and rarely go) north of 89th for groceries. Our primary haunts these days are Crest primarily, and sometimes WM on 104th or 134th because Crest has cut back it's selection so much to accommodate liquor sales.
    Was thinking more about southside OKC north of I-240, where there are not many true "Super-Center" style grocery stores. Sorry, should have specified in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Was thinking more about southside OKC north of I-240, where there are not many true "Super-Center" style grocery stores. Sorry, should have specified in my original post.
    Yeah, inner-city Southside doesn't have a whole lot of good options for traditional full-line grocery stores. The only ones that really fit that bill are the two Walmart Neighborhood Markets at SW 44th and Western, and at SW 59th and Penn - and of course the I-240 and Santa Fe Walmart Supercenter, right on the edge. Other non-full-line options within the boundaries of I-44/I-40/I-35/I-240 are three SuperMercado Buy For Less locations, two Cost Plus gimmick stores (one Cash Saver and one Smart Saver), and a Supermercados Morelos. We desperately need more traditional full-line grocery options!

Mid-Del Construction at Del City Walmart

Anyone know whats being built in the parking lot at the Del City Walmart on Sooner?

Default Re: Construction at Del City Walmart

I heard it was a Starbucks but that's from a weak source.

Default Re: Construction at Del City Walmart

I thought it maybe looks like a Wendy's?

8. Default Re: Construction at Del City Walmart

I was thinking it looks like a Wendy's as well.

Default Nathan's Just Announced Dozens of New Locations In Walmart

Default Re: Walmart

Walmart has filed a $2.8 million building permit to remodel the supercenter at Belle Isle Station.

I believe this is part of a program they announced last year to redo hundreds of their largest stores.

Walmart is overhauling 200 of its stores into an airport-inspired theme expected to perfectly blend the online and in-store shopping experience

It looks like Walmart is going to build Amazon style fulfillment facilities.

https://www.businessinsider.com/walm...llinois-2022-6

^

It goes to show how much Amazon has been killing everyone.

Their fulfillment and logistics operations have to be unrivaled by anything across the globe.

If anyone can pull something relative in size off from scratch I guess it’d be Walmart.

That sounds good.

I pretty much loathe going into a Wallymart super center, it's such an endeavor and circus and just in general a pain in the .... elbow.

I do go into the Wallymart neighborhood market stores, they're much easier and thus tolerable. In fact, I spent $135 bucks in one last evening.

The problem with ordering delivery or curbside pickup from Wallymart is you *think* you're getting everything you order, and even though you specify substitutions are ok, you don't get it, and you don't know much in advance.

Lately I've thought that Wallymart should take one of their buildings, or build one centrally, that is NOT open to the public, is a fulfillment place only, and you've got a much better chance of getting what you want delivered or curbside pickup.

And I agree, amazon has their stuff together, quite admirably in fact, and I've had no issues that they've not taken care of immediately, without hassle, and to my complete satisfaction.

15. Default Re: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Lately I've thought that Wallymart should take one of their buildings, or build one centrally, that is NOT open to the public, is a fulfillment place only, and you've got a much better chance of getting what you want delivered or curbside pickup.

And I agree, amazon has their stuff together, quite admirably in fact, and I've had no issues that they've not taken care of immediately, without hassle, and to my complete satisfaction.
    I like this idea and there are plenty of vacant buildings around (Crossroads Mall?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    That sounds good.

I pretty much loathe going into a Wallymart super center, it's such an endeavor and circus and just in general a pain in the .... elbow.

I do go into the Wallymart neighborhood market stores, they're much easier and thus tolerable. In fact, I spent $135 bucks in one last evening.

The problem with ordering delivery or curbside pickup from Wallymart is you *think* you're getting everything you order, and even though you specify substitutions are ok, you don't get it, and you don't know much in advance.

I see it differently. I never get enough exercise, since I don't like to do it, but walking is about the only exercise I kind of enjoy, so I don't mind much having to walk from one side of Walmart to the other to get what I want. If I don't need much, I'll likely walk to Wal-Mart, since I live near a super one. The walk to the neighborhood market is too far, though.

Charley's Cheesesteaks and Wings is now open within the Belle Isle Wal-Mart in the space that was formerly occupied by McDonald's.

Oh wow that sounds like an improvement

It's weird to no longer have the standard McDonald's breakfast option when doing early morning grocery runs.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It's weird to no longer have the standard McDonald's breakfast option when doing early morning grocery runs.
    You can always visit the one just around the corner on Blackwelder and NW Expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    You can always visit the one just around the corner on Blackwelder and NW Expressway.
    True, and more convenient than going to Penn Square Mall next door for the other local Charley's.

22. Default Re: Canoo

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I mean, Walmart buying 4500 cars, the Walton-funded private highschool.... there is a link.. haha
    Yeah, that town is hilarious. Even the gas stations are Walmart brand.

Default Re: Canoo

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Yeah, that town is hilarious. Even the gas stations are Walmart brand.
    They have them in OKC too...

24. Default Re: Canoo

They are all over. Murphy Gas and Sam's Gas

Default Re: Canoo

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    They are all over. Murphy Gas and Sam's Gas
    Neither one of those are "Walmart brand."

Walmart terminated its relationship with Murphy USA almost a decade ago.

Walmart operates their own branded, owned and operated gas stations now.

Thread Information