Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Buc-ee's

Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I'm just convinced Oklahoma will never get one. No sense getting my hopes up any longer.
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.

2. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Is there a weird law or policy on the books that makes Oklahoma less business friendly to Buc-ee's compared to Missouri or Arkansas...or Tennessee or Alabama? Do we have some obscure law that limits the number of gas pumps or selling of beaver nuggets on Sunday's?

Amarillo getting one because of Texas being the home market makes sense, but if Springfield Missouri can get one on I-44, you would think one at our interstate crossroads would get the same level, if not more foot traffic.
    Probably the "anti-price-gouging" selling below cost law.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.

Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.

5. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.
    Yes but soon you can gamble at them so people might be going back!

The only thing I think I would go to a lot more if it came here versus going out of town would be Shake Shack. If we got an In N Out Burger, I would go to it on occasion. Maybe Eataly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.
    Same for Sonic. I remember when one opened in Ontario and it was hugely popular.

Thread Information