Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla in Tulsa

Blog Entries

2. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    He has to have a spare 2,500 jobs he can throw our way.

Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

I’m telling you guys, these grand gestures are having an impact. A basic human desire is a desire to be wanted.

4. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I’m telling you guys, these grand gestures are having an impact. A basic human desire is a desire to be wanted.
    Especially for a person like Elon

Sounds like these guys are actually selling a few cars here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

An Austin native. Lol
    This is well done. lol

Proposed location in East Tulsa (Wagoner County/Tulsa city limits)

The Hef and Stitt trying to close that deal.

I won't be surprised if they're extremely close to a deal. The talks have been going on for a long time, and if you look at those picture, they already have a construction company picked out (Crossland Construction). I don't think they would have that on there if they hadn't already finalized at least some parts of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I won't be surprised if they're extremely close to a deal. The talks have been going on for a long time, and if you look at those picture, they already have a construction company picked out (Crossland Construction). I don't think they would have that on there if they hadn't already finalized at least some parts of this.
    I agree with the “some part of this”. Believe Tulsa may get a nice consolation prize

Where was that picture taken? On the proposed site?

I wonder how the deal is going in Austin. I thought a school district had to be willing to give up millions for 10 years.

Even if Tulsa doesn't get this, I think Elon will throw something at Tulsa. Like a smaller factory, or a factory for one of his other companies.

I really wonder if they dont build the Tesla Semi in Tulsa.

The Cybertruck’s demand is gonna be big, but Tesla knows if they can say its built in Texas that will convert A TON of texans to purchase one. A lot of Texans would say no just on principle of it being built in OK.

I dont think there would be any regional bias for semi demand. Thats gonna be a pure financial decision for end consumer businesses.

It also might be hard to tool a production facility to produce both the semi & truck and thus need 2 separate facilities. I could see them building batteries & the truck in Austin and doing the semi in Tulsa.

Thought this was interesting, from a TulsaWorld article:

“Meanwhile, just being a finalist for Tesla’s factory has already given Tulsa and the rest of Oklahoma more credibility with other companies, Kouplen said. His office is currently working on at least 115 economic development opportunities across the state, with many of the companies giving the state a serious look as a direct result of Tesla’s interest, he said.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tul...fddc9.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I really wonder if they dont build the Tesla Semi in Tulsa.

The Cybertruck’s demand is gonna be big, but Tesla knows if they can say its built in Texas that will convert A TON of texans to purchase one. A lot of Texans would say no just on principle of it being built in OK.

I dont think there would be any regional bias for semi demand. Thats gonna be a pure financial decision for end consumer businesses.

It also might be hard to tool a production facility to produce both the semi & truck and thus need 2 separate facilities. I could see them building batteries & the truck in Austin and doing the semi in Tulsa.
    The semi is truly the future of electric vehicles. That is something that will complete revolutionize the trucking industry and how goods are shipped/delivered throughout the US and eventually the world. At least until Bezos figures out how to use drones to deliver goods. By then Oklahoma may be a leader in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post

“Meanwhile, just being a finalist for Tesla’s factory has already given Tulsa and the rest of Oklahoma more credibility with other companies, Kouplen said. His office is currently working on at least 115 economic development opportunities across the state, with many of the companies giving the state a serious look as a direct result of Tesla’s interest, he said.”

That comes as no surprise. I'd like to know some names and where they're looking at. I'd still like to see I-44 from Lawton to Tulsa become a corridor of economic development. Just like 35 is from Dallas southward.

That comes as no surprise. I'd like to know some names and where they're looking at. I'd still like to see I-44 from Lawton to Tulsa become a corridor of economic development. Just like 35 is from Dallas southward.
    The turnpike is a barrier to entry. With that not having free travel, it is harder to sell developing along that route. It isn't impossible, by any means. But I-35 is free, whereas I-44 costs money. Which hinders, somewhat.

19. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    The turnpike is a barrier to entry. With that not having free travel, it is harder to sell developing along that route. It isn't impossible, by any means. But I-35 is free, whereas I-44 costs money. Which hinders, somewhat.
    Totally off topic, but why is that? Why are some interstates toll and others free. What made oklahoma say let's charge here, but not there. Same with Kansas and I-35

20. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post

Show this to the folks who said Tesla in Tulsa wouldn't help Okc. Great branding for the entire state.

Another potential corridor is 412 between Tulsa and Northwest Arkansas. This site is only 90 miles to Fayetteville.

22. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Totally off topic, but why is that? Why are some interstates toll and others free. What made oklahoma say let's charge here, but not there. Same with Kansas and I-35
    For the most part, the turnpikes carrying Interstates were built by the states before Interstate system funding was available. For example, the Turner Turnpike was authorized by the Legislature in 1947 and opened in 1953. The Interstate bill wasn't signed into law until 1956.

When Interstate construction began, several of the most important corridors between cities already had a turnpike. So rather than wasting money building parallel Interstates, they just modified the system to use the existing turnpikes where feasible.

Why haven't we heard more about Oklahoma's incentives package?

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why haven't we heard more about Oklahoma's incentives package?
    Think Tesla holding out for Austin incentives. Best Tulsa can hope for is some level of spin off production

Thread Information