Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
In my experience working with companies similar to Tesla and knowing how we announced expansions to new cities, the site was already decided well in advance before anything--even speculation-- got to the media and negotiations were already well under way with the chosen city's leadership, who were required to stay very tight lipped. Based on how Stitt and Mayor Bynum are reacting to the speculation Tulsa is on the list, this leads me to believe there are no ongoing negotiations and Tulsa is likely out of the running at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Austin was chosen weeks ago and negotiations are well under way, but Tulsa was reported because it became known that it was at one time under consideration/Telsa was conducting due diligence.
I agree. I wanted to believe that we had a chance, but all the rumors point to them having already decided on a piece of land just outside of Hutto, TX (far north end of the Austin metro).

The fact that Tulsa has been included in discussions is a nice ego boost for us though, and hopefully it shows that we have elevated our status enough to be considered for other major businesses looking for new locations as well. Maybe down the road even Tesla will come knocking again for some kind of facility. Apparently they did get shown around to a couple of sites, so they were interested enough to come out and look.