Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla in Tulsa

Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Didn't losing out to Indianapolis for that United Airlines facility help spur MAPS in OKC? If Tulsa doesn't get picked hopefully it'll spur city leaders and civilians to take action to do something similar for Tulsa.

please pass this on to all engineering friends

https://www.tulsafortesla.com/?fbcli...E2Aiej9_bzEIQo

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Another dump on Oklahoma thread, nice.
    Dude, come on. There are a million threads on this site that cheerlead and cherish Oklahoma with many saying nothing but good things. Every time someone criticizes this state be it constructive or not the usual suspects jump on them.

DC Sooner and others usually post perfectly valid criticisms about the state and I highly doubt it is just to dump on the state. Many like me who often speak harshly about this state do so out of love not hate. It’s frustrating to see it and even more so the see the populous so in denial and quick to silence anyone who sees the grocery list of issues this place has because of the backwards mentality that runs rampant.

4. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Didn't losing out to Indianapolis for that United Airlines facility help spur MAPS in OKC? If Tulsa doesn't get picked hopefully it'll spur city leaders and civilians to take action to do something similar for Tulsa.
    United Airlines, American Airlines, Boeing and Micron Technology

5. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dude, come on. There are a million threads on this site that cheerlead and cherish Oklahoma with many saying nothing but good things. Every time someone criticizes this state be it constructive or not the usual suspects jump on them.

DC Sooner and others usually post perfectly valid criticisms about the state and I highly doubt it is just to dump on the state. Many like me who often speak harshly about this state do so out of love not hate. It’s frustrating to see it and even more so the see the populous so in denial and quick to silence anyone who sees the grocery list of issues this place has because of the backwards mentality that runs rampant.
    PP, its not that the points aren't valid, its that the same posters post the exact same negative comments over and over and over again. On this thread, something potentially economically fantastic could happen in Tulsa, but it's become almost comically predictable the same posters come out of the shadows to say the same negative things. Everyone's aware of it, already. Maybe try posting something positive and uplifting for once or just stay quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    PP, its not that the points aren't valid, its that the same posters post the exact same negative comments over and over and over again. On this thread, something potentially economically fantastic could happen in Tulsa, but it's become almost comically predictable the same posters come out of the shadows to say the same negative things. Everyone's aware of it, already. Maybe try posting something positive and uplifting for once or just stay quiet.
    I hear you but it’s worth making these points and raising awareness. I love this state and I want to see it reach its full potential. It won’t if it sticks to the status quo.

Heard another rumor the decision was final & Tesla is going with Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if true, and it will possibly be at the same site Tesla considered in 2014 for a factory. But Tulsa and Oklahoma won't totally lose from looking good enough to come in 2nd place.

Heard somewhat the opposite. The delay is Tulsa caught musks attention and slowed the whole thing down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Heard somewhat the opposite. The delay is Tulsa caught musks attention and slowed the whole thing down

Hear you bro... +1, +2, +3

this is what I heard while I was up there over the weekend

I hope that is true. That would be a big win for Oklahoma. Yuge.

I REALLY hope you are right, and I trust your sources more than mine TBH.

15. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

I can tell you that this is not true. I have a close contact who works for the city of Tulsa, specifically to recruit businesses to the city. He told me Last week they expect a decision to be made in July. Also, he was very optimistic about our chances - won't go into too much detail but he was confident that if we do not get this plant, we will get one of the 4-5 they have planned in the future.

16. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

13 Tulsans had dinner with Musk 2 days before spacex launched. We are pitching Austin as "California in the middle of Texas" and it seems to be working. My gut still says Austin, but it's not a blowout by any means.

I was told that we started a one mile race against Austin, and they had a 3/4th mile head start. And while we may not be ahead, we have at least pulled up right to their heels. Again, coming from someone in the city of Tulsa who recruits companies for a living.

17. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Also, was told the property they are proposing is not in Tulsa county.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Also, was told the property they are proposing is not in Tulsa county.
    On TulsaNow there was talk about a potential site in Inola being considered. Any validity to that to your knowledge? I always assumed they'd want to be somewhat close-ish to the Port of Catoosa, but I have no idea how these things work.

Announce in July, have cars roll off by Jan 1. Aggressive.

I'm sure the employees who are building the plant are excited about the delays in the announcement.

I would think the Mid America Industrial Park would be a great location for it. Though that would require a big chunk of the land there, and building a brand new building from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    13 Tulsans had dinner with Musk 2 days before spacex launched. We are pitching Austin as "California in the middle of Texas"
    That is so cringey.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/18/tesla...build-factory/

Tesla acquires $5 million worth of land outside Austin to build new factory

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    That is so cringey.
    Yet true. Elon’s trying to get out of California and is fed up with the political/business environment there...if Austin is much more similar to California than Tulsa is in that regard (which is almost indisputable), promote your strength.

Question for anybody. I know I hate Tulsa and it's leadership with a passion and most of the time I wish them nothing but the worst. But I'm unbiased with this question. How does this benefit OKC?
    Nashville landed Nissan and it started a boom still going on today. Meanwhile, Memphis hasn't seen any positive effects at all. Nashville's population has increased by more than half a million. People are leaving Memphis for Nashville. Memphis went from a positive increase, before Nashville's boom, to a negative afterwards.
    I'm not saying that will be us, but to assume this will help OKC just because it helps the state is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    Question for anybody. I know I hate Tulsa and it's leadership with a passion and most of the time I wish them nothing but the worst. But I'm unbiased with this question. How does this benefit OKC?
    Nashville landed Nissan and it started a boom still going on today. Meanwhile, Memphis hasn't seen any positive effects at all. Nashville's population has increased by more than half a million. People are leaving Memphis for Nashville. Memphis went from a positive increase, before Nashville's boom, to a negative afterwards.
    I'm not saying that will be us, but to assume this will help OKC just because it helps the state is wrong.
    1. Tax revenue. State govt would see a significant bump over time. All those added state govt jobs are in okc.
    2. The supply chain and suppliers for that giga would be massive. So massive that some would locate to okc and just truck it the 90 miles. OKC has plenty of facilities sitting empty versus buying and building new in Tulsa.
    3. Perception of Oklahoma in general.

Thread Information