Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla in Tulsa

Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Any idea when there will be an announcement?

Maybe the State will kick in Burns Flats for Space-X. I believe that was the vision for this place for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Austin is firmly in the lead but some blue blooded Tulsa friends tell me George Kaiser is becoming very very very active recruiting Tesla.
    Well, yeah, after he blew nearly a half billion for a new city park, he'd like to see it pay off well before he passes away. He's 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Well, yeah, after he blew nearly a half billion for a new city park, he'd like to see it pay off well before he passes away. He's 77.
    Why do you feel that putting your money where your mouth is for civic improvements, "blowing" a half billion dollars? I would gladly welcome anyone contributing that kind of money to Norman for civic improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    All of GKFF's contributions to Tulsa are well over $1B. In addition to the Gathering Place they are behind Guthrie Green, the Bob Dylan Archive, Tulsa Artist Fellowship, Tulsa Remote, EduCare, expansion/preservation of Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness, recent downtown streetscape improvements, the divided biking/walking trails along the Arkansas River, among others..

6. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

imagine there's no tulsa as we know it without him. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Why do you feel that putting your money where your mouth is for civic improvements, "blowing" a half billion dollars? I would gladly welcome anyone contributing that kind of money to Norman for civic improvements.
    Absolutely agree

Kaiser Foundation making a push with some extremely well produced videos...

https://vimeo.com/420696275

9. Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Very impressive. It makes me a little jealous, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Kaiser Foundation making a push with some extremely well produced videos...

https://vimeo.com/420696275
    weird. I didn’t see any Kaiser Francis EE’s in the video. I guess none of them are edgy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    weird. I didn’t see any Kaiser Francis EE’s in the video. I guess none of them are edgy enough?
    He doesn't run any hi-tech type companies. That was kind of the point of the pitch. Tulsa is a good place for hi-tech.

GKFF is a foundation. Not that exciting.

This point has been made before but OKC does not have private benefactors who are helping our community in any way like Kaiser.

Aubrey McClendon used Chesapeake money, not his own and that dried up as soon as he was given the boot and well before his death.

Devon has obviously made a big investment but has also received a lot of help from the city and Larry Nichols has done very little outside the company which is publicly owned.

Harold Hamm has made some donations to diabetes research at the OUHSC but that is a cause that is personal to him.

You could point to the Thunder but the city has poured tens of millions into the arena and of course the owners are making a profit.

We just keep taxing ourselves and the big money guys in town are the ones personally benefitting. Would sure be nice if we had people stepping up like Kaiser.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...l-billionaires

This article has been posted here before but I’ll post again for anyone who hasn’t read it. Super interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This point has been made before but OKC does not have private benefactors who are helping our community in any way like Kaiser.

Aubrey McClendon used Chesapeake money, not his own and that dried up as soon as he was given the boot and well before his death.

Devon has obviously made a big investment but has also received a lot of help from the city and Larry Nichols has done very little outside the company which is publicly owned.

Harold Hamm has made some donations to diabetes research at the OUHSC but that is a cause that is personal to him.

You could point to the Thunder but the city has poured tens of millions into the arena and of course the owners are making a profit.

We just keep taxing ourselves and the big money guys in town are the ones personally benefitting. Would sure be nice if we had people stepping up like Kaiser.
    The Love's family perhaps? I know a lot of the donations are made from their company but they seem to be a little more committed to the community than most of our billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The Green family has oddly helped Tulsa more than OKC with their significant contributions to ORU. Unless they are involved in other local philanthropy that I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    The Green family has oddly helped Tulsa more than OKC with their significant contributions to ORU. Unless they are involved in other local philanthropy that I'm not aware of.
    They have helped OBU but of course that is in Shawnee and is a pretty big reach.

HangryHippo Guest

The Green family is pretty worthless as far as OKC philanthropy goes, except for stealing antiquities. But even those were sent to D.C.

Blog Entries

Tulsa is really exploring all avenue to secure this plant. Hope their extraordinary efforts pay off. This will be a win for Oklahoma; especially a boost to the Tulsa area with 10,000 jobs

Apparently, Gov. Stitt was with Musk today.

https://twitter.com/GovStitt/status/...734944259?s=20

It's weird to see all of the Billionaire Bashing on here. The Loves and Greens have created thousands of jobs and decided to keep their Corporate HQ's in OKC, when they could have easily moved them to Dallas or Frisco. I agree, it would be nice if they invested in parks or recreation, but I would suggest their corporate presence has been particularly material to OKC, in a variety of ways.

Looks like the Navistar/IC Bus plant is off the table as a possible factory site, which is good news as it employs 1600 people

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301067069.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Looks like the Navistar/IC Bus plant is off the table as a possible factory site, which is good news as it employs 1600 people

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301067069.html
    Love the City slogan

Read through the thread quickly and didn't see any mention but Tulsa is getting at least a Tesla Delivery and Service Center. Going in at 6010 S. 129th Ave. East. Currently set to bid the middle of June. Shows to be 23,718 square feet.

What happened to the one that was going to be built in OKC?

Thread Information