Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920

Thread: Tesla in Tulsa

Default Re: Tesla in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Oklahoma is like a hotel with a roach infestation. Instead of paying for an exterminator they think lowering the room rate from 40 dollars a night to 38 dollars a night will fix the problem. They then scratch their heads and wonder why the guests who stay at the Ritz-Carlton never want to book a night at their 38 dollar a night roach infested hotel.

Oklahoma has to stop pushing for tax cuts and start pushing for education funding.
    So, other states that support education better, such as Kansas and Iowa are not growing as much in population as Oklahoma. So it seems Oklahoma would grow even faster in population than those states if only it would support education better.

At any rate, wealthy alumni need to continue to support higher education in Oklahoma, since the state legislature won't do it. OSU/Stillwater in recent years has quite fabulously benefited from the donations of wealthy alumni. For starters, the new state of the art $60,000,000 McKnight Center For the Performing Arts. It has raised the quality of living in Stillwater, and it's highly unfortunate that Stillwater can't attract any major new industry as a result and despite having daily passenger flight service to DFW.

Tulsa has benefited well from the donations of the wealthy, so it could have something extra special, like the new world class Gathering Place park. Hopefully, Tulsa will continue to benefit in that way. Surely, the wealthy in OKC should make massive donations for iconic projects to make OKC a better place to live. The tax supported Scissortail Park is nice, though.

Californians from the valley do not like cold weather. I know the original comparison is Tulsa vs Austin, but I will use OKC, it is similar.

Austin's lowest average temperature for any month is not even below 40. Whereas Oklahoma City has 3 months of lows that average below freezing. That is a massive difference with similar summer seasons. Oh and wind and humidity factor is significantly different in both areas. Austin's higher humidity means winter feels warmer than the same temperatures in a drier OKC.

Bottomline, their weather is better for people that do not like cold. Which is most people that live in Cali. Then add all the other controllable factors like Education, Arts, Entertainment, Taxes, Job types. etc.

^^^ are you talking about SF valley or the Central Valley because it can get pretty chilly in the Central Valley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    So, other states that support education better, such as Kansas and Iowa are not growing as much in population as Oklahoma. So it seems Oklahoma would grow even faster in population than those states if only it would support education better.

At any rate, wealthy alumni need to continue to support higher education in Oklahoma, since the state legislature won't do it. OSU/Stillwater in recent years has quite fabulously benefited from the donations of wealthy alumni. For starters, the new state of the art $60,000,000 McKnight Center For the Performing Arts. It has raised the quality of living in Stillwater, and it's highly unfortunate that Stillwater can't attract any major new industry as a result and despite having daily passenger flight service to DFW.

Tulsa has benefited well from the donations of the wealthy, so it could have something extra special, like the new world class Gathering Place park. Hopefully, Tulsa will continue to benefit in that way. Surely, the wealthy in OKC should make massive donations for iconic projects to make OKC a better place to live. The tax supported Scissortail Park is nice, though.
    The education issue is more at the k-12 level, even more than at the collegiate.

And, iconic projects aren’t what makes places more livable. That’s like saying paint is why people choose a house.

Why do people think the wealthy donating to parks and such is the answer? Maybe it’s the rest of everybody electing people who actually know something to our governing bodies that will make a difference. It’s not about someone else bailing everyone out, it’s about taking responsibility for our own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ are you talking about SF valley or the Central Valley because it can get pretty chilly in the Central Valley.
    The topic is the Tesla facility, which is in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The topic is the Tesla facility, which is in SF.
    My bad I’ve never heard the Bay Area or any parts of it referred to as the Valley and from my understanding there are many ex urbs where super commuters travel to from the Central Valley. I’m not terribly familiar with the north end of the Central Valley as I am the south portion and it does get cold there in the winter at times.

Oddly enough, the complaint I hear most from my friends who live in the Bay Area is how cold it is and some of these people like my friend from Kabul have lived in pretty cold areas. It certainly isn’t as dramatic there. Just can’t beat coastal California weather.

Oh I understand what you mean now. Yea I have no clue what locals use for references. I was referring to the actual Tesla facility location in SF, which is in the Santa Clara Valley as in not the mountains. Silicon valley I guess?

The Silicon Valley runs from San Jose to San Fransisco on the west side of the Bay.

The Tesla plant is in Fremont, and that area is typically referred to as the East Bay.

Tesla Dodges Direct Sales Ban in New Mexico, Opens Sales Center on Tribal Land
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...edgdhp&pc=U531

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Tesla Dodges Direct Sales Ban in New Mexico, Opens Sales Center on Tribal Land
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...edgdhp&pc=U531
    Very creative, although it reminds me of the Scott Tucker situation: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kan...213852304.html.

I’m assuming they have received the FTC’s blessing?

Thread Information