Widgets Magazine

Thread: Eddie's

Default Eddie's

Don't know if this has been posted but Eddie's is moving to a big facility on the NE corner of 2nd and Coltrane.

Bar and grill, catering and operates Wings on Wheels food truck.

https://www.facebook.com/EddiesEdmond/

Default Re: Eddie's

It's been funny to watch them build out around the tiny liquor store that refused to give up. It reminds me of the one Subway franchise on NW 63 that refused to give up when CHK was building all around them and tore down the strip mall they were in.
    Anyway, best of luck to Eddie's in the old Coltrane Cafe location.

Anyone been here? Looks like a nice place from the outside, although the concept is conveyed confusingly. Can't tell if it's a steakhouse a bar or a place that sells moose.

This is a render they sent me:

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Anyone been here? Looks like a nice place from the outside, although the concept is conveyed confusingly. Can't tell if it's a steakhouse a bar or a place that sells moose.
    we go pretty often it is very much how it looks in the image pete posted ..

wing night on Wednesday is always packed .. and it has kept most of the vibe of the Original location

This is probably Paycom's #1 caterer. I have no idea any details of the contracting for catering, but unless it's annual, I can't imagine they haven't taken a big hit from Paycom going WFH. They had to have been turning out somewhere between 5k and 10k meals per month, which at $5/meal revenue would be minimum $300k in annual revenue.

No doubt that hurts but hopefully i hasn't hit them too hard.

We looked at their private room for our company christmas party and it was super expensive. For four hours...the room rental and staff fees were $1000 which does not apply towards food nor is is taken off if you meet a minimum. Most places we looked at has a minimum food/drink amount of $500-800 and if you meet that then no room rental. There is always 20% gratuity added so not sure why we would be paying separate staff fees also. (We always spend about $2000 for our company party)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We looked at their private room for our company christmas party and it was super expensive. For four hours...the room rental and staff fees were $1000 which does not apply towards food nor is is taken off if you meet a minimum. Most places we looked at has a minimum food/drink amount of $500-800 and if you meet that then no room rental. There is always 20% gratuity added so not sure why we would be paying separate staff fees also. (We always spend about $2000 for our company party)
    Was that for this year? I see on their site they have a new Events Center coming soon and that would seem to imply something unique about the space itself that demands that price and maybe they thought you were asking for that.

If it's $1,000 for a room in a restaurant, that's absurd. Eddie's food is fine, but it's no upscale joint. Unless we're talking about well over 50 people who are going then $1,000 can take you a LONG way at some of the fancier places.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Was that for this year? I see on their site they have a new Events Center coming soon and that would seem to imply something unique about the space itself that demands that price and maybe they thought you were asking for that.

If it's $1,000 for a room in a restaurant, that's absurd. Eddie's food is fine, but it's no upscale joint. Unless we're talking about well over 50 people who are going then $1,000 can take you a LONG way at some of the fancier places.
    It was for this year and not sure where they were putting us so could have been event center. We just asked for info on private room for 25 people. It appears from the website that the event center is just a large private room attached to the new eddies bar and grill so not sure what the difference is between restaurant with private room and restaurant with a private room they label as an event center. https://www.edmondeddies.com/new-event-center/ (I like Eddie's food...we use them for catering special events at one of the bars I own)

We ended up booking crabtown as we have in previous years. They have a very large private room with a private bar and private bathroom. $1000 minimum order which is easy for our group as we do open bar for 4 hours. Food options run $18-30 per person depending on which options you choose. (it is actually set up like an event center with the large round tables)

^

I've used that upstairs at Crabtown for a private event and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    It was for this year and not sure where they were putting us so could have been event center. We just asked for info on private room for 25 people. It appears from the website that the event center is just a large private room attached to the new eddies bar and grill so not sure what the difference is between restaurant with private room and restaurant with a private room they label as an event center. https://www.edmondeddies.com/new-event-center/ (I like Eddie's food...we use them for catering special events at one of the bars I own)

We ended up booking crabtown as we have in previous years. They have a very large private room with a private bar and private bathroom. $1000 minimum order which is easy for our group as we do open bar for 4 hours. Food options run $18-30 per person depending on which options you choose. (it is actually set up like an event center with the large round tables)
    Added bonus on being super close to the office and definitely closer to home for you!

I should make my way back to Crabtown sometime next year or 2022. I liked it the one time I went for Christmas Dance back in high school.

Thread Information