Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Default Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

With things opening back up I was wondering which business are and are not wearing mask. Costco posted today everyone has to have a mask. I know chick-fil-a, Mcdonalds, Crest employees are wearing mask at least the ones I have been too. Braums I know is not wearing Mask and are not requiring people to wear mask. What others do you know of?

Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Whataburger drive thru was not wearing mask by outlet shops.

Food Service

Restaurants, bars with on-premises food service, breweries, wineries, taverns, shopping mall food courts, food halls, cafeterias and similar food service establishments are required to maintain at least the following standards to limit the spread of the virus:

Employees’ temperatures should be checked each day either by the employee or their employer. Employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or should not be at the facility.
    Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering.
    Tables for seating must be at least 6 feet apart.
    Menus must be single-use or capable of being sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
    Condiment bottles must be sanitized after each table change, or served in a single-use packet, disposable container or washable dish.
    Service at buffets and salad bars must be provided by an employee only.
    Tables, chairs and objects needed to complete a purchase must be sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
    No parties of 10 or more are allowed at one table in the dining area, unless they are household family members.

Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering."

But the cooks can cough on your food all they want. It will be a while before I go into a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by RustytheBailiff View Post
    Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering."

But the cooks can cough on your food all they want. It will be a while before I go into a restaurant.
    Well, the virus is (supposedly) not foodborne, but yeah, we probably won't be going into a restaurant anytime soon either.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Whataburger drive thru was not wearing mask by outlet shops.
    Same with the location on SW 59th.

I also did not see *anyone* at Jimmy's Round-Up Cafe wearing a mask when I picked up an order last week; same goes for the Braum's at SW 70th and S Western when I went for some milk. At Walmart (both the I-240 supercenter and the neighborhood market at SW 104th and Western), mask usage has been spotty at best - but it has been about 10 days since my last visit.

If I'm outside and in an open space, I'm not wearing a mask.

Indoors, yes. I probably won't be frequenting restaurants too much. How do you eat with a mask over your mouth?

No fast food working is going to wear a mask I can tell you all that right now. When you can go back in and they take your order at the counter they don't be wearing a mask. There might be a few here and there that will but overall your not going to see it.

No fast food working is going to wear a mask I can tell you all that right now. When you can go back in and they take your order at the counter they don't be wearing a mask. There might be a few here and there that will but overall your not going to see it.
    Was just driving around and looking around before work and I think I saw more people without mask going in and out of places than with.

10. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Was just driving around and looking around before work and I think I saw more people without mask going in and out of places than with.
    Stopped by the Buy For Less on NW Expressway on the way home. I would say 20% of customers were wearing masks.

Went to Lowe's in Moore yesterday. Saw probably 30 employees and none wearing mask or gloves. Then on way home I hear a Lowe's commercial about how they are totally all in for safety of workers and customers. Maybe the Moore Lowe's didn't get the memo. Total lip service like many businesses.

Blog Entries

Maybe 30% customers had masks at Target, around 5 pm, May and 39th, all employees had masks, and large plexiglass at registers, but a bit crowded and disorganized checkout lines.

Yesterday Sprouts was fairly empty until we went to check out, and that's where everybody was, but at least they were all standing 6 feet apart according to all the yellow tape marks (which were also on all the aisles and some aisles were one-way, although I again had to point that out to at least 4 people). All the employees had masks, and maybe 1/3 of the customers, but I saw probably half of those adjusting their masks with their hands.

7-11 Last night 11:15 Rockwell and Reno. About 6-7 people inside. Not one mask on anyone or the worker. I had to go to this one cause the one on council and sw 15th was full. Seemed a lot more people out late last night.

I saw a post on a legal related FB page that made sense discussing the constitutional aspects of requiring people to wear masks. We require people to wear pants in public so it seems there may be an argument that the government has the ability and power to require masks. Have to look at the governmental interest to see if it passes muster

17. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

I can’t find words for how disgusting I find that story. People are just weird!

We could be like Michigan and stay closed? What happens when the numbers go back up and we have to close everything again for another month or two Just cause you couldn't be inconvenienced with wearing a mask. Not like your probably going to be in the business for more then 20 minutes. PUT ON A DAMN MASK

19. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Went to Walmart online pick up on NW Exp & Rockwell at 3ish. A first for me. Parked in a spot toward the front of the store and observed. Parking lot looked pre-COVID packed. Lots of people totally ignoring distancing. Maybe 10% wearing masks. I was looking forward to eating and drinking out soon but if that was any indication of how people are going to be then I’m sticking in avoidance mode.

20. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

We could be like Michigan and stay closed? What happens when the numbers go back up and we have to close everything again for another month or two Just cause you couldn't be inconvenienced with wearing a mask. Not like your probably going to be in the business for more then 20 minutes. PUT ON A DAMN MASK
    Agree completely!

21. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

That is just sad in Stillwater. Violence and threats?!
    The state of MA is requiring masks of all residents as of this Wednesday, 5/6, even if outdoor, where social distance cannot be maintained. Their numbers have not gone down yet, so the state has issued this executive order.

Had to go into a building in Midtown and as I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to go in, wearing a mask, had a car make a right, the passenger shook his head side to side like I was the idiot.
    How am I the idiot in this scenario?

23. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Had to go into a building in Midtown and as I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to go in, wearing a mask, had a car make a right, the passenger shook his head side to side like I was the idiot.
    How am I the idiot in this scenario?
    You are not. They are.

I know someone that went to Mango Cannabis in Edmond today and they're not wearing masks and they're not maintaining any sort of social distancing. The security and the employees kept stepping right into people's faces and crowding the doorway between the areas. When my friend complained to the security that it was hard to maintain some distance with them crowing like that they shrugged and chuckled. If this is the attitude places start to have we'll definitely get hit hard with a resurgence.

Considering that a large part of the client base is highly at risk I'm shocked that any dispensary is being so blase about their customers health.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Considering that a large part of the client base is highly at risk I'm shocked that any dispensary is being so blase about their customers health.
    Good point.

And it's weird that anyone would be offended by businesses that are being considerate of their customers' health by having their staff wear masks.

None of it makes much sense, but when we're operating from the standpoint that a lot of people literally don't even think any of this is real, there's really no way to address it. I mean, if people are getting militant against others who are taking precautions and making sacrifices to protect the very people who are threatening them, then what do you do?

It's pretty anecdotal, but it does seem to me that it's more often the local businesses that I've gone to that are wearing masks and seem to have some social distancing guidelines in place. I don't go to dispensaries, so I hope your story is an anomaly, but it does seem that the closer the owner is to the business, the employees, and the customers, the more effort is being made to be courteous.

But, I don't get it. I'm pretty sure if I wanted to try on a pair of shoes, a shoe store would require me to wear socks. And that's just to protect others from my potentially funky feet. I think most people would go along with that being a good idea, or, at least, a considerate one. But, I don't know, maybe someone would take violent offense and make a constitutional issues out of me being made to wear something that protects everyone else that may come into the store.

I guess that's where we are.

Thread Information