Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Went to Whole Foods this afternoon around 3:30, about 10 minute wait outside at 6 foot intervals. Just about everyone was wearing a mask, and they are now required. Masks are provided for those that don’t have one. A lot less stressful going thru store, a lot more space, and shorter lines at cashiers. Fine with me!

2. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Went to Whole Foods this afternoon around 3:30, about 10 minute wait outside at 6 foot intervals. Just about everyone was wearing a mask, and they are now required. Masks are provided for those that don’t have one. A lot less stressful going thru store, a lot more space, and shorter lines at cashiers. Fine with me!
    I hope more places do this.

Went to Chick-fil-a and all workers were wearing a mask. However not one person ordering food in drive had on a mask. not one person picking up food had on a mask. I wore my mask when he handed me the food for carside. How hard is it to put on a mask for 30 seconds?

There is not a point in wearing a mask when you are by yourself in your car. Yes, the food workers should wear a mask, but the same should NOT be expected of a solo individual who remains in their vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    There is not a point in wearing a mask when you are by yourself in your car. Yes, the food workers should wear a mask, but the same should NOT be expected of a solo individual who remains in their vehicle.
    When they are outside taking your order your within 6 feet of them talking to each other. So while there is no point in wearing your mask in your car while driving i think there is a point when your within 6 feet of someone. Your window is down within 6 feet. If you were to cough you could infect them. JS

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    jbkrems,
    I'm sorry, but at the minimum, wearing your mask shows that you respect the folks you are doing business with. You may know (How?) that you don't have anything to pass on, but they don't know. And you want them to serve you? Lordy, I wouldn't want to work at a place that has to serve people without masks because it puts me and my family at risk.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    jbkrems,
    I'm sorry, but at the minimum, wearing your mask shows that you respect the folks you are doing business with. You may know (How?) that you don't have anything to pass on, but they don't know. And you want them to serve you? Lordy, I wouldn't want to work at a place that has to serve people without masks because it puts me and my family at risk.
    C. T.
    Agree these people are wearing mask for hours at a time. You can wear one for a couple minutes in a drive thru lane or 30 minutes while shopping at a store.

8. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

My wife said a couple days ago that Homeland started requiring employees to wear masks. From corp office, warehouse to the cleaning crews. Everyone. Just left the 122nd & Rockwell store and was happy to see that all but one employee was wearing a mask.

Mask really only work if you are sick but the problem with this virus is you can have it and not know your sick. So really everyone needs to wear a mask at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    My wife said a couple days ago that Homeland started requiring employees to wear masks. From corp office, warehouse to the cleaning crews. Everyone. Just left the 122nd & Rockwell store and was happy to see that all but one employee was wearing a mask.
    Yeah, but the cashier at the Classen Homeland was screwing around with her mask the entire time she was checking us out yesterday, including moving it to her chin when she was speaking. People are never going to figure out how to wear masks properly.

11. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, but the cashier at the Classen Homeland was screwing around with her mask the entire time she was checking us out yesterday, including moving it to her chin when she was speaking. People are never going to figure out how to wear masks properly.
    I’ve seen that a lot too.

Went to the Crest at Santa Fe and 164th, was pleasantly surprised that about 70% or of folks had masks on

Crest is also one of the few grocery stores where you can buy masks and other COVID-19 related supplies. They have many options and prices are fair and reasonable.

14. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Not many wearing masks at the Target on N. May, most of the employees were though.

I only see about 30-40% of people wearing masks and about 30% of them are wearing them incorrectly. I don't wear a mask and that's my personal choice. It's not a political statement, it's not in response to any conspiracy theories, it's not a of lack compassion for others. It's simply a choice my family and I have made. I'm not gonna shame or glare or roll my eyes at others that choose to wear or not wear a mask.

^If you don't mind me asking, what is it? You've outlined what did not go into your decision making, but what did?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    ^If you don't mind me asking, what is it? You've outlined what did not go into your decision making, but what did?
    Well, I'm not looking to debate anyone on it, because their perspective isn't going to change mine. Not saying you're going to do that. I'm just throwing it out there. It just didn't feel like something we need to do. I personally think this entire thing is over blown. I'm not denying the virus is real and the deaths are real and I'm not into any of the conspiracy theories. I just think that for us, in our area and our activities, it's not necessary. We don't attend any gatherings where people will be in close proximity for repeated and prolonged periods of time as I think those are much higher risk. But, if I'm going to the store or out to eat then I don't see masks as a measure that is going to noticeably change things. Especially when the masks that are being endorsed are woefully inadequate. But that's just us. People are free to do whatever they feel most comfortable doing.

Went into Subway for order pick up and workers wearing mask 2 people in line ordering no mask. They won't let you eat inside at the subway i was at. Meanwhile my friends at a Metro Bruams said their lobby was completely full no social distancing at all

Masks for curbside pickup at Saturn Grill. Glad they are not going out of business as had been rumored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    Masks for curbside pickup at Saturn Grill. Glad they are not going out of business as had been rumored.
    I hope they hang on. Thanks for mentioning them, they always slip under my radar. Good food.

I’m actually keeping track of what companies are treating their employees terribly or showing their complete disregard for their customers well being. Post COVID I intend to never do business with those companies again. I don’t believe I am a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    I’m actually keeping track of what companies are treating their employees terribly or showing their complete disregard for their customers well being. Post COVID I intend to never do business with those companies again. I don’t believe I am a minority.
    And how exactly are you coming up with this list? What is the standard you seek?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad72 View Post
    And how exactly are you coming up with this list? What is the standard you seek?
    For me it's a grocery store that had no signs up about social distancing, no cashier shields, no one-way aisles, employees didn't wear face masks or gloves, and the manager responded as if I was crazy for asking him about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    For me it's a grocery store that had no signs up about social distancing, no cashier shields, no one-way aisles, employees didn't wear face masks or gloves, and the manager responded as if I was crazy for asking him about those things.
    name names

25. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

So Kong's is out then?

Thread Information