Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: When do public schools reopen?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • August, as usual

25 56.82%
  • Sometime in September-December

10 22.73%

9 20.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: When will schools reopen?

Default Re: Poll: When will schools reopen?

If there is a segment that does not allow children to attend school due to COVID, so why is this different than the flu season when children are at greater risk from the flu than COVID.
    And, for the umpteenth time, it's not necessarily the children's health we're most concerned with, but them spreading a new, deadly disease to adults and high-risk folk. The fact that flu hospitalizes more kids than COVID has literally no bearing on this conversation. This is another great example of your drive by trolling derailing conversation.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    I understand the adult part of COVID. I am taking about the child part of COVID.
    You can't separate those two things. One infects the other.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    It seems to me it is misinformation in your own mind. I was stating facts. COVID has a lower hospitalization rate than the flu according to the CDC. Every year there are numerous children that are out of school and hospitalized due to the flu. There are numerous news articles of teachers who died from the flu. If there is a segment that does not allow children to attend school due to COVID, so why is this different than the flu season when children are at greater risk from the flu than COVID.
    COVID has a lower hospitalization rate for children because unlike adults, they have been home since March. I expect this will change once we start putting hundreds of them in the same building.

And the teachers who we know are susceptible will be just die in many cases. I'm in contact with more than one updating their estate plans before going back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    And, for the umpteenth time, it's not necessarily the children's health we're most concerned with, but them spreading a new, deadly disease to adults and high-risk folk. The fact that flu hospitalizes more kids than COVID has literally no bearing on this conversation. This is another great example of your drive by trolling derailing conversation.

edit:

You can't separate those two things. One infects the other.
    the flu is also deadly to high risk folk so it is not apples and oranges

i covid is still a thing next spring ?? then just cancel school again and then again and then again ??

I say, delay till mid-September than re-evaluate. Other countries have figured out how to reopen without seeing huge spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I say, delay till mid-September than re-evaluate. Other countries have figured out how to reopen without seeing huge spikes.
    sweeden never closed elementary schools

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i covid is still a thing next spring ?? then just cancel school again and then again and then again ??
    Dunno, we don't have kids, so don't have as much at stake, so don't care as much as others, just ran across that a few days ago, thought it was timely.

Thread Information