Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: Major League Soccer in OKC

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support an MLS expansion or relocation franchise.

17 37.78%
  • Support an MLS locally or multi-owners franchise.

13 28.89%
  • Support MAPS 4 extension stadium $100 millon--$137 million total/21,000 - 25,000 seat venue.

12 26.67%
  • Wouldn't support MLS or Stadiium expansion.

18 40.00%
  • Undecided

4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma City?

Blog Entries

Default Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma City?

Major League Soccer (MLS) in Oklahoma City?

MAPS 4 initiative will provide $37 million (8,000-10,000 seat) venue for the initial construction of a multipurpose stadium for soccer, American football & multiple sports capable of expansion to meet MLS minimum requirements.

Select as many of the poll's above choices that you would support in bringing or not bringing Major League Soccer to Oklahoma City.

Default Re: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma Ci

I don't support public investment in minor league sports. Especially when the owner can afford to invest his own money.

Default Re: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma Ci

I would support an MLS franchise if OKC was awarded one.

4. Default Re: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma Ci

I would support an MLS franchise for the benefit of soccer fans. I think soccer is a waste of grass but I’m for anything that benefits OKC as a whole.

Blog Entries

Louisville City FC 'Lynn Family Stadium' construction completed.

The new $65 million, 11,600-seat soccer-specific stadium has been completed and on budget. The stadium will also be used for concerts and events as well as Louisville City’s U23 team. Louisville’s NWSL (U.S. women's highest league) franchise, scheduled to begin play in 2021 will also use the venue.

I might be open to supporting an expansion for the stadium, but not on hopes and dreams. I'm over the field of dreams mentality. Let's build it IF they come.

Blog Entries

Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Break Ground for Downtown Stadium...

A rendering of the 8,000-seat downtown $60 million stadium set to host Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC beginning 2021.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma Ci

The US Professional and Semi-Professional Leagues EXPLAINED

Laramie, You must have a marketing background. If not, you should have! (Seriously)

It seems many of your posts, and I like most of them, present something and then you “market” your point of view all through the responses. Complete with videos, photos, bold blog-post-like headings. Not a bad thing! Just an observation and wondering if you have a marketing background? Or, maybe (?) missed your calling?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    Laramie, You must have a marketing background. If not, you should have! (Seriously)

It seems many of your posts, and I like most of them, present something and then you “market” your point of view all through the responses. Complete with videos, photos, bold blog-post-like headings. Not a bad thing! Just an observation and wondering if you have a marketing background? Or, maybe (?) missed your calling?
    You nailed it, Mr. Blue Sky ...Marketing, Accounting and Economics were apart of my undergraduate studies at (Central State College/Central State University & UCO). Graduate studies UCO, OU, OSU & TU. Had to put a plug in for my Oklahoma alma maters.
    I'm a BS-CGH (Broncho-Sooner, Cowboy, Golden Hurricane).

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I might be open to supporting an expansion for the stadium, but not on hopes and dreams. I'm over the field of dreams mentality. Let's build it IF they come.
    +1.

I think OKC is number 40 on the list for a 30 team MLS. We are completely off the expansion list and probably behind the relocation list.

Because I am old, this reminds me of:

Around 1970, KWTV 9 sports anchor John Brooks (I think) led off with a story reporting on a press conference where a local businessman named Jim Roderer (sp) announced that the Buffalo Bills would relocate to Oklahoma City if he (and only he) were elected mayor. Breathlessly, I ran to my father to tell him the NEWS! He scoffed. I was deflated. And educated. I take my fathers skepticism this day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think OKC is number 40 on the list for a 30 team MLS. We are completely off the expansion list and probably behind the relocation list.

Because I am old, this reminds me of:

Around 1970, KWTV 9 sports anchor John Brooks (I think) led off with a story reporting on a press conference where a local businessman named Jim Roderer (sp) announced that the Buffalo Bills would relocate to Oklahoma City if he (and only he) were elected mayor. Breathlessly, I ran to my father to tell him the NEWS! He scoffed. I was deflated. And educated. I take my fathers skepticism this day.
    Your dad displayed true wisdom.

E. L. "Jim" Roederer's campaign pushed for a 100,000 seat stadium at The Fairgrounds where a bond issue would pay for the massive stadium; he did get an interested group from the Buffalo Bills and the AFL expansion inquired. Also he wanted the Notre Dame-OU (neutral site) game to be played there in the 70s. And there was the OU - Texas game to be played there on an occasion or two. 'Jim' got a lot of us excited about his proposals; however he lost overwhelmingly on election day.

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Would you support a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise if awarded to Oklahoma Ci

HEB Park, a 9,735 seat multipurpose & soccer specific stadium complex in Edinburg, TX, a very simplistic style venue with two grand stands. Cost of the stadium, $30 million, opened in 2017.

MAPS 4 multipurpose 8,000 seat stadium should go with this style on a $37 million budget. If an MLS venue is constructed you could round out the stadium enclosing both ends; easily adding two 2,000 seat upper level or decks on both original grand stands of 4,000 each.

OKC could lay the ground work for a 20,000 seat multipurpose city-owned stadium that could be built in the $140 million range. Also could be used for American football, rugby, lacrosse, outdoor concerts and large gatherings.

Thread Information