Widgets Magazine

Thread: Quality Furniture Stores

Default Quality Furniture Stores

I just moved back to OKC and need to get some new furniture. Does anyone have recommendations for a local place I can get quality furniture? Mathis Brothers is likely out of the question, as I've never been impressed with the quality of their furniture or their service. I'm looking online at an out of state company because I know they have quality stuff, but I'd prefer to keep the dollars local if I can.

Default Re: Quality Furniture Stores

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I just moved back to OKC and need to get some new furniture. Does anyone have recommendations for a local place I can get quality furniture? Mathis Brothers is likely out of the question, as I've never been impressed with the quality of their furniture or their service. I'm looking online at an out of state company because I know they have quality stuff, but I'd prefer to keep the dollars local if I can.
    We've furnished our house almost exclusively (bedroom set, dining room set, 2 chairs, 2 sofas) from Suburban Contemporary. Their prices can be high unless they're having a sale, and they may not be to everybody's taste, but everything we've gotten there has been high quality (our bedroom set and dining set are both by Alf Italia).

Check with Traditions Furniture (Mark Taylor) in Edmond and Mr Roberts in Norman.

There is an Amish crafted furnature store in Tulsa on Memorial just north of Bixby on the west side of the street. Its north of 91st maybe by a mile or two. You might check that place out. I'm thinking it will likely have better then particle board stuff.

I've only driven by and never stopped.

Disclaimer because some of my relatives own this store but check out Edmond Furniture Gallery. Very nice folks and they have great quality furniture.

It is near Petsmart and Home Depot off Broadway in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Mathis does have the design studio, so they may have what you're looking for, but it does seem on the high end as far as price.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Mr Roberts in Norman.
    I would highly recommend at least checking this place out.

11. Default Re: Quality Furniture Stores

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    There is an Amish crafted furnature store in Tulsa on Memorial just north of Bixby on the west side of the street. Its north of 91st maybe by a mile or two. You might check that place out. I'm thinking it will likely have better then particle board stuff.
    One in Norman now on the corner of 36th (west) and Main Street

Heenan’s and Suburban, depending on your style.

Thread Information