Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Development near the Showbiz Movie Theater?

Default Re: Development near the Showbiz Movie Theater?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Crest just delayed this store due to all the construction and built # 9 in Yukon (Opened 10/28/20). Crest #10 at Sooner & Covell tentatively scheduled for Summer 22' opening. Construction should begin by late summer 21'.
    Thanks for the info. It will be VERY nice to have a grocer option that isn’t Walmart. I like Walmart but I don’t like dealing with the crowds and massive store. It would be very pleasant if Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s opened somewhere in north Edmond.

According to building permits, across from Show Biz, next to Braum's, a McDonald's is being constructed. It is located on the SW corner of Market Way and E Covell. The footpirnt looks awfully small to me. My guess is it's primary focus is to service interstate travelers.

If one looks at the current Edmond Planning commission agenda, there are a good number of new proposed housing editions for the north and east side of Edmond. This would surely add more to the number of people that would shop a new grocery store in the area. I would also suspect that one in this area might attract shoppers from the Guthrie and rural Logan county areas as well as some even farther north. I just hope that what ever is built is not Walmart, Edmond already has a saturation of Walmart related stores.

4. Default Re: Development near the Showbiz Movie Theater?

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    If one looks at the current Edmond Planning commission agenda, there are a good number of new proposed housing editions for the north and east side of Edmond. This would surely add more to the number of people that would shop a new grocery store in the area. I would also suspect that one in this area might attract shoppers from the Guthrie and rural Logan county areas as well as some even farther north. I just hope that what ever is built is not Walmart, Edmond already has a saturation of Walmart related stores.
    The Crest should happen in due time, and it will be the nicest Crest ever built. They still own the land (~17 acres) on the NW corner of Covell and Sooner.

Just had to knockout the Yukon location first. The growth trajectory in west OKC was too difficult to pass up.

I'm just wondering if and when this Crest is built ie open in say 2 yrs, add the number of new housing developments, I would venture to guess that some other stores would be interested in building in the north or east Edmond area. I would doubt , Trader Joes, Whole foods, and Aldi's. Unfortunately I think that would leave a Walmart Neighborhood market as the option that would be second. Also remember that they were trying for Covell and Coltrane on the north west corner. Not sue if that might not happen given the fact that the road construction might be done in another 2 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    According to building permits, across from Show Biz, next to Braum's, a McDonald's is being constructed. It is located on the SW corner of Market Way and E Covell. The footpirnt looks awfully small to me. My guess is it's primary focus is to service interstate travelers.
    Nice! I am excited for this one. Needed a McDonalds in this area.

I wish some place some what healthy would build there. I dont eat McDonalds and only breakfast at Braums. None of them offer a whole wheat bun or stuff that is low sodium.

Thread Information