Widgets Magazine

Thread: Has anybody noticed a car or truck always parked on the side of Hefner parkway

Default Has anybody noticed a car or truck always parked on the side of Hefner parkway

Just before the 63rd/expressway exit looks like a radar or something on top of the roof if so any idea as to what it their doing it doesn’t look like a unmarked car

Default Re: Has anybody noticed a car or truck always parked on the side of Hefner parkway

scanning license plates for repo companies

Default Re: Has anybody noticed a car or truck always parked on the side of Hefner parkway

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim View Post
    Just before the 63rd/expressway exit looks like a radar or something on top of the roof if so any idea as to what it their doing it doesn’t look like a unmarked car
    I think its done by state and checks for expired tags and if expired they send a letter. I think you have to then pay a late fee and other charges which is how state pays this company for doing it.

What I don’t like is sometimes they park too close off the road and with our new laws technically you have to move over a lane for disabled or other emergency vehicles. This causes potential safety hazards when someone moves lanes fast without looking. Others hit brakes thinking its a speed trap.

They’ve been doing this since last year and rotate all around metro on high usage roads

IIRC, they are to scan tags for cars that are uninsured.

I’m just waiting to hear a story where someone slams into the back of one doing 80. No way would I feel comfortable sitting in on of those. They need to ban this practice.

Call the police if they are parked on the side of the road in a dangerous setting.

There is one that on occasions sits right on the shoulder of I-240 and I-35 exchange. He is parked on the shoulder where the you exit I-35 and merge onto I-240 heading WB. One time a car cut me and two others off when we were trying to merge into I-240 and forced us onto the shoulder I couldn’t see the Jeep(with radars and such) that was parked and after the guy in front of me swerved last minute almost causing a pileup because of this d!ckhead I was forced to drive onto the grass and wound on up on the service road.

I was so mad I looped back around to have some words with this asshole but the guy in front of me was already there screaming at him so I just left it. F@ck those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    IIRC, they are to scan tags for cars that are uninsured.

I’m just waiting to hear a story where someone slams into the back of one doing 80. No way would I feel comfortable sitting in on of those. They need to ban this practice.
    And the irony would be that the person that ran into them would be uninsured.

^^^ no kidding!

Thanks for the information

Thread Information