Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

Default Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

Tiger King -- the documentary on Joe Exotic -- is now live on Netflix.

Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

This is amazing. Perfect viewing for people stuck at home right now.

I'm most the way through it and it is by far the craziest thing I have ever seen.

Way, way, way stranger than fiction.

Haven't watched the documentary yet, but this Texas Monthly article from June 2019 is absolutely phenomenal, would highly recommend reading.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/article...man-gone-wild/

Just watched the trailer. Wow.

6. Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

It's pretty good. In some ways I think the podcast was better though - or, maybe that's just because the podcast is where I first heard the story so it had more shock value. If you haven't listened to it, give it a try.

I binge-watched all the episodes.

Several scenes from OKC, not only the courthouse but also the rooftop at Packards and what was then Chase Tower.

That was without a doubt the craziest documentary I have ever watched. So many unanswered questions. Carole definitely killed her husband and fed him to her tigers.

Number one show on Netflix right now.

10. Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

Wonder why the tv show didn't mention details the podcast went into: Example - Joe apparently didn't actually write or sing the songs he released.

he use to come to the gay bars in OKC and bring in tiger cubs.. a total nut job. the show was amazing binge watching and how fortunate that he has everything on tape so it makes it easy for the show. I am reading now that there is so much footage that they may make a part 2!!!

12. Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

I came out of the documentary realizing everyone in it needed some serious mental help. That was a wild ride.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I came out of the documentary realizing everyone in it needed some serious mental help. That was a wild ride.
    And dental work as well.

14. Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    And dental work as well.
    I blame that on Carole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I binge-watched all the episodes.

Several scenes from OKC, not only the courthouse but also the rooftop at Packards and what was then Chase Tower.
    and a shot of the streetcar driving by the courthouse!

Tiger King has blown up on memes.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/wild-...135819428.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    And dental work as well.
    Drugs are bad........

I didn't realize that everyone in that "industry" are either crazy cult leaders or members.

Not everybody thought Joe was all that different. At a governor's debate Joe participated in, candidate and former state senator, Connie Johnson, said it was really her who was the most different.

I'll admit, I found some of the points Joe made at the debate made good sense. It might be good if part 2 included some of his moments during those governor debates, if part 1 didn't. He was such a colorful character, but too bad how he made too many very bad decisions with running his life.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/no...dc43fffa6.html

I knew nothing about all of what happened, since moving from OKC to Austin in 2003 I just knew of the place from the billboards for the zoo on I-35 driving between OKC and Austin. Since we moved to Denver in 2012 I haven't been much south of Norman when we have been back and hadn't seen anything on the news about it the whole story was new to me.

Everyone in that was has issues, I know of some similar characters in the exotic animal business in Texas. They were almost as mental as well.

Another story about the same governor debate Joe was in: https://www.ocolly.com/lifestyle/tha...5e81d4d9f.html

“You know, I’m a little bit different than everybody else, so I’m not in a suit, I ain’t gonna take my earrings out and I ain’t gonna cut my hair or anything else because I’m not gonna be fake. I come from out in the rural area. I know what’s wrong. I live in the real world. I know how to fix it."

I thought the documentary was well done and very entertaining. The only downside is I'm now getting a ton of texts and questions from friends asking if those people are what all Oklahomans are like.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I thought the documentary was well done and very entertaining. The only downside is I'm not getting a ton of texts and questions from friends asking if those people are what all Oklahomans are like.
    Haha... I keep posting "Oklahoma Proud!" on all the social media comments from my out-of-state friends on that crazy series.

But then I point out almost none of those people are from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Haha... I keep posting "Oklahoma Proud!" on all the social media comments from my out-of-state friends on that crazy series.

But then I point out almost none of those people are from here.
    I point out Joe is wearing a Texas Longhorn hat 50% of the time (the other 50% is a Seth Wadley Ford hat...wonder how they feel above us that.)

It's pretty sad to have this huge state branding roll out a month or so ago as Oklahoma was touted at the 'come see us' or 'imagine' with the new branding. Now this series has just about wiped out the new state branding roll out. Netflix series and the virus are the 1, 2 punch for washing away the states new branding effort.

25. Default Re: Joe Exotic Neflix documentary

Nm

Thread Information