Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medicaid Expansion Coming to Oklahoma

Default Re: Medicaid Expansion Coming to Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Why wasn't he worried about the billion dollar shortfall when he was out buying 2 million dollars worth of snake oil?
    I mean, that wasn't State money... it was Federal funds, IIRC. According to all the yes on 802 ads that's free money that we've been letting the evil states like "California" get instead, so who cares if it's wasted? Shouldn't we spend it before they can?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I mean, that wasn't State money... it was Federal funds, IIRC. According to all the yes on 802 ads that's free money that we've been letting the evil states like "California" get instead, so who cares if it's wasted? Shouldn't we spend it before they can?
    The feds paid for the 2 million worth of hydroxychloroquine? That would be news to me.

Did the Feds reimburse Oklahoma or did they pay FFF Enterprises directly on Oklahoma's behalf?

The feds paid for the 2 million worth of hydroxychloroquine? That would be news to me.
    I was actually making a joke, but yeah, it was Fed money, if I recall correctly.

I was actually making a joke, but yeah, it was Fed money, if I recall correctly.
    Im pretty sure the Oklahoma State Department of Health wrote that check. Unless the Feds came in and reimbursed the state after the fact which could be possible and i hope happened.

Im pretty sure the Oklahoma State Department of Health wrote that check. Unless the Feds came in and reimbursed the state after the fact which could be possible and i hope happened.
    Stitt stated it was part of the $1.2 Billion COVID funds the state got and used to stockpile PPE, ventilators, and drugs.

Stitt stated it was part of the $1.2 Billion COVID funds the state got and used to stockpile PPE, ventilators, and drugs.
    The CARES Act that's right. Now the joke makes sense to me.

So grateful this passed! Obamacare was flawed but it is also basically sound. Its opponents have demonized it but failed to deliver workable alternatives. It is telling that at this point even the State Chamber is on board with it in the absence of literally anything else. It is embarrassing that the voters had to take this matter into their own hands due to a stunning lack of leadership on healthcare in this state under Fallin and Stitt.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So grateful this passed! Obamacare was flawed but it is also basically sound. Its opponents have demonized it but failed to deliver workable alternatives. It is telling that at this point even the State Chamber is on board with it in the absence of literally anything else. It is embarrassing that the voters had to take this matter into their own hands due to a stunning lack of leadership on healthcare in this state under Fallin and Stitt.
    As I recall Mary was for it initially when she won the first time, but was spanked by legislative leadership.

Blog Entries

Long overdue for lower income persons to get many times more funds to all Oklahoma hospitals; especially those hanging by a thread in rural Oklahoma. Hope they can reopen some of the previously closed hospitals.

Hope we'll see the gravity of the June 30th election and the additional benefits (out weight investment) to Oklahoma's future.

We've been supporting other states with Medicaid expansion and getting little if anything in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Barely, but I'll take it.
    I would not call passing by 6,518 votes barely, if it passed by between 50 to 200 votes then that is barely

Also, remember Stitt was strongly against this measure back when the state had much more money.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I.m with you on this. Even an old conservative like me can see the benefits to the State. They'll find the money, like using that ridiculous TSET fund money vs. spending it on stupid advertisements that no one is going to listen to anyway. Kind of like Marijuana, if you're going to use it AS AN ADULT, and it doesn't hurt anyone else, than have at it. Too many rural hospitals are closing around here, so I hope this helps out.

HangryHippo Guest

Using some of the TSET money seems like a decent way of funding this expansion.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I would not call passing by 6,518 votes barely, if it passed by between 50 to 200 votes then that is barely
    I was speaking strictly of the close percentages of Yes/No votes.

Using some of the TSET money seems like a decent way of funding this expansion.
    I think they have like 15 people on staff permanently. Easily one of the biggest boondoggles in local politics.

I was speaking strictly of the close percentages of Yes/No votes.
    Got it now

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I think they have like 15 people on staff permanently. Easily one of the biggest boondoggles in local politics.
    Man, don't you get sick of those stupid ad's? I have to pay around $7.00 for a can of General Snus and recently visited Virginia and a can was $2.50. That's a lot of money going somewhere that could be put to good use for the Health of our citizens. The ads are doing no one any good and probably cost a bundle, plus paying the 15 folks that are sitting around dreaming up stupid ads. The ad's aren't going to make me give up nicotine.

Oklahoma has one of the higher nicotine use rates in the country. Part of the TSET goal was getting information and potentially NRT to places in the state that had little or no access to health care, either because of lack of docs or lack of healthcare insurance.
    Advertising is often targeted towards the young, as it is easier to quit nicotine before dependence sets in.
    Medicaid expansion helps make TSET goals easier by increasing access to care.

Rule that requires living in Oklahoma for five years before being eligible is called illegal:

https://www.news9.com/story/614a1678...ort-is-illegal

Thread Information