Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 293031323334

Thread: Covid-19 Economic Impact

Blog Entries

Default Re: Covid-19 Economic Impact

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    It's not the fault of Bezos or Musk, it's the others who continue to buy the stock of their companies bidding the price up.

Remember though, the vast majority of what you attribute to the wealth of these folks aren't assets they can do much with. The value of Amazon is bricks, blocks, morter, inventory, machinery, airplanes, people, faith, momentum and goodwill.....not cash. Bezos may control it but it's the company, not "wealth" as you think of wealth.
    I guess you have no perception of how to turn non liquid assets into liquid assets. Bezos is mega wealthy personally and in company assets. By your definition, Trump would be bankrupt.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 Economic Impact

First, by definition, you cannot quickly or easily sell non-liquid assets. That's why the are called non-liquid assets. Next, the rest of what you are saying makes no sense and doesn't correspond to what l posted - you are either intentionally embellishing what l said or accidently exaggerating. I never said anyone had zero cash. Bezos salary, last l saw, was about $1.6 million a year plus stock options. Not a particularly large CEO salary for a publicly traded company.

In Bezos role, he is under strict regulatory control for what he does with his assets of Amazon.

Reasons he would not sell his ownership:
    1. Why would he? He is under no financial, legal or business-related need to.
    2. He could be sued if he suddenly dumped billions of $ of stock onto the market causing an imbalance between supply and demand. 3. There are restrictions and regulations on whether, when and how much stock he can sell. At a minimum, he has to file SEC Forms 3, 4 and 5 as an insider. 4. He has a fiduciary responsibility to his shareholder to not harm their investments intentionally. 5. Bezos holds around 11% of AMZN stock which is not a particularly large % for a "founder" owner of a business. 6. There is no legal reason or way to confiscate his assets. The 16th Amendment specifically states an income tax is legal, not a wealth tax. 7. He doesn't want to.

What I said in the previous post stands.

Now, you were saying?

Blog Entries

First, by definition, you cannot quickly or easily sell non-liquid assets.
    Now, you were saying?
    Guess you only know how to get access to liquid assets through selling something. LOL.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 Economic Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Guess you only know how to get access to liquid assets through selling something. LOL.
    You are either making zero sense or you still don't understand what a non-liquid asset is for a CEO/founder.

Blog Entries

You are either making zero sense or you still don't understand what a non-liquid asset is for a CEO/founder.
    Yes, and I’ve been in finance a long time and still am. And I’m saying there are ways to create cash from non liquid assets.

And, I learned to read balance sheets about a half century ago, thank you. Have degrees in economics and finance. Have been a securities broker and financial advisor in my career. I market corporate financial and tax planning tools still. So I do think I understand what a non-liquid asset is.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 Economic Impact

Sounds like we are in the same career with the same educational and career background for a similar period of time.

Of course you can eventually sell most non-liquid assets given enough time but my original points are not even related to that. The point was that with the wide gap between rich and poor, the vast majority of what Bezos owns isn't liquid cash, like most people perceive. Neither can he be forced to give up his assets since the constitution prohibits wealth taxes. I'm fine with raising tax rates higher but it can only be done on income. Bezos only crime is AMZN has a limited # of shares so demand keeps the price going higher and higher and it's still rated a buy by most.

Thread Information