Widgets Magazine

Thread: Chicken Salad Chick

Large Chain Chicken Salad Chick

The location at Nichols Hills Plaza opened today and there is a line out the door.

Hours are M-SA 10:30 to 8.

Default Re: Chicken Salad Chick

Wow. Never heard of the place. All these people in line for chicken salad. Who would have thought? Amazing. Food looks good though.
    Here are some shortcuts for those like me who have never heard of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Salad_Chick

https://www.chickensaladchick.com/nichols-hills-ok/

They have been open for a while in Edmond and soon will be in Chisholm Creek as well.

They have a great reputation and a good following.

Blog Entries

They will do great things at this location. This area is a great food area and getting better. Lots of great local, and a good select list of chains like Hopdoddy, Torchy's, Zoe's, Chicken Salad Chick and soon to be Flower Child.

I believe they do a promo where the first 100 customers get free chicken salad for a year. which would explain the line.

From their FB page:

Grand Opening Week Giveaways:
    3/10: GRAND OPENING DAY! FREE Chicken Salad for a YEAR to our 1st 100 Guests! Be one of the first 100 Guests to join us on Opening Day and you’ll receive FREE Chicken Salad for an entire YEAR!
    Our 1st guest will receive 1 free Large Quick Chick per week for 52 weeks.
    All guests 2-100 will receive 1 Free Large Quick Chick per month for 12 months!*
    Not able to join us for our Morning 1st 100 Giveaway? Join us ALL DAY to enter our drawing for Free Chicken Salad for a Year! Purchase any Chick Special to enter & we will draw 10 lucky winners at the end of the day!
    *Must be 16 Years or Older, purchase the Chick Special, not valid in drive-thru.
    *Must download CSC App
    *Redemption starts 3/16

I sampled a few of their chicken salad variations at the block party on chisholm creek this past weekend. I enjoyed all of them and look forward to it when it opens at chisholm.

They are now open in Chisholm Creek.

Ate at their location in Edmond; very good!

It appears the Nichols Hills Plaza location has closed. I have only driven by that location but their website seems to indicate that all Oklahoma locations have closed.

Default Chicken Salad Chick

It appears that this concept will be reopening in the OKC area. This is really good concept. I did not want to post the link but saw it in the DO. A franchisee has signed a deal for 6 area locations. Source was from the DO Food Section from January 29.

Hopefully they do better than the last franchisee.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Hopefully they do better than the last franchisee.
    when a place works almost everywhere but doesn't in okc .. you can bet it was the operator ... two locations reopened in tulsa area a few months ago ..

11-Unit Agreement: Behind the double-digit 11-unit agreement in Austin are Troy Morrison and Keaton Craig. A seasoned multi-brand franchisee, Morrison's portfolio consists of Taco Bell and Wingstop locations. In addition to the multi-unit Austin development, Morrison simultaneously signed a six location agreement with Chicken Salad Chick for Oklahoma City, OK.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...302034770.html

Morrison owns "North Texas Bells" 62 taco bell locations

The concept has been very popular elsewhere.

Not sure what went wrong with the last franchisee.

Will be interesting to see the locations they choose this time around, but they typically have a drive-thru.

I was a big fan of CSC and tried it at the original location in Auburn visiting my family back in 2015. So, when they came here, we got really excited. The 2nd street location (near Neighborhood Jam and Pub W) was the first to open and we went there once a week. The 63rd Street location opened (if I remember correctly) late February, early March of 2020 and so they had basically no time to hire and train people. Every time we went there, there would be people talking in the back and about 5-7 tables with remnants from previous diners there. During COVID, we ordered take out from there 10-12 times and every time but once that I can remember, something on the order was wrong.

Logn story short, it was the operator and the timing and I hope this new one does better.

17. Default Re: Chicken Salad Chick

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I was a big fan of CSC and tried it at the original location in Auburn visiting my family back in 2015. So, when they came here, we got really excited. The 2nd street location (near Neighborhood Jam and Pub W) was the first to open and we went there once a week. The 63rd Street location opened (if I remember correctly) late February, early March of 2020 and so they had basically no time to hire and train people. Every time we went there, there would be people talking in the back and about 5-7 tables with remnants from previous diners there. During COVID, we ordered take out from there 10-12 times and every time but once that I can remember, something on the order was wrong.

Logn story short, it was the operator and the timing and I hope this new one does better.
    Yes, agree with this. Then the hours were cut back, no weekends and that took my business elsewhere. It was no longer a spot to go. I'm glad to see the concept returning

Thread Information