Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: OKC Trails Network

Default Re: OKC Trails Network

Do we know when the river trails east extension will open ?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    The trail system in the median of Grand Blvd, west of May, is getting a major revamp. It's being widened to accommodate more types of modes of exercise. I will still cycle in the street though, because the sidewalk is still not a straight shot. It's like City planning thinks they need to enforce cycling speeds at crossings, so they keep a slight jaunt at the street crossings...smh.
    When your post is the last one on the page...people miss information.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Do we know when the river trails east extension will open ?
    The grand opening was a few weeks ago. I biked the extension on Labor Day. I really like the trail. The only complaint I have is that I didn't want to get back downtown by turning around once we got to the Katy trail intersection. The 4th street "trail" portion is just a sidewalk and share the road for bicyclists. Does anyone know if there are any plans to make this section a true trail?

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    The grand opening was a few weeks ago. I biked the extension on Labor Day. I really like the trail. The only complaint I have is that I didn't want to get back downtown by turning around once we got to the Katy trail intersection. The 4th street "trail" portion is just a sidewalk and share the road for bicyclists. Does anyone know if there are any plans to make this section a true trail?
    There are plans for bike lanes on 4th street pretty soon but this first phase will only reach Lottie. Try out NW 16th next time! Its much more friendlier to bicyclists in that it is only 2 lanes and signed at 30 MPH and has an underpass for I-235

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to remember that the next time I go for a ride that way.
    When you say bike lanes to Lottie, is that from the east of downtown or from the west of the Katy Trail?

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to remember that the next time I go for a ride that way.
    When you say bike lanes to Lottie, is that from the east of downtown or from the west of the Katy Trail?
    West from Katy Trail. There's a trailhead marker now at 4th and Lottie.

There are now lights lining the river trail every 50ft or so? They appear to be solar powered LED lights. They are not particularly bright which is a little disappointing but better than nothing I guess!

Huge fan of all the bike lanes. There is a big issue with them though.... They gather quite a bit of debris (glass, rocks, sticks) that makes riding in them impractical. Most of those items will puncture your tire. Also, when riding in the bike lanes, vehicles seem to not give you any additional space when passing, which means it's almost safer to just ride in the rode...

Does anyone know when the Deep Fork connection part of the trail is supposed to be finished? I saw an article in The Oklahoman not too long ago that showed some promising pictures of bridges being installed, but there was no mention of an estimated completion date.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Huge fan of all the bike lanes. There is a big issue with them though.... They gather quite a bit of debris (glass, rocks, sticks) that makes riding in them impractical. Most of those items will puncture your tire. Also, when riding in the bike lanes, vehicles seem to not give you any additional space when passing, which means it's almost safer to just ride in the rode...
    I've seen them get cleaned pretty regularly by a little sweeper

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    At least once a month, I see a vehicle actually driving in the bike lane... idk what gives them the idea it is a vehicle lane

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    At least once a month, I see a vehicle actually driving in the bike lane... idk what gives them the idea it is a vehicle lane
    They're uneducated and/or don't care, same as with the idiots that open their parked car door right into traffic without even looking or caring, or the idiots that drive in bad weather with their hazard lights on, or .....

Thread Information