Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 455 12345651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Please post the political discussion here: https://www.okctalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    If you want to discuss political aspects, please use the appropriate forum linked above.

That being said, what plans do we have in OKC assuming we start seeing an outbreak?

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Self quarantine till May.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Self quarantine till May.
    Wonder if they will close schools early this year? I just read that the NBA could be playing games in empty arenas.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Went to Sam's this morning and when I tried to use Scan And Go, it wouldn't let me buy Lysol Spray. Said I had to purchase at the register. WTH?

Is this a Coronavirus thing (restrictive buying) or something else?

FYI - I was able to self checkout at register. So, I don't know what the point was.

It might be the beginning of anti hoarding measures. Every store I have been in lately is wiped out in the various forms of sanitation products.

We just picked up a tub of wipes at Walgreens, no panic buying. Haven't been to WM, so can't say about that.

My son picked up the last pack of tissue (Puffs, there wasn't any Kleenex) for me. That's has to be hoarding.
    C T.

8. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Yeah, WalMart, Sam's Costco... even the dollar store is wiped out of any hand sanitizers. Some don't even have Lysol spray/wipes any longer. The Sam's by me is even really low on toilet paper. I guess those are this 'emergency's' "milk, bread and eggs."

We are traveling by plane soon and so we needed some of those small bottles of sanitizer and some travel Clorox wipes. Was told by an employee at WalMart to stop by around 6am because they stock that area early in the morning. Sure enough, several different hand sanitizers and wipes freshly stocked at 6am this morning. I image they're gone by 11am.

Hoarding sanitizer and soap deprives others from using it. If they’re not disinfected because of your hoarding, then that puts everyone at risk.

Be smart - EVERYONE needs this stuff.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Yep, my grocery was totally out of Purell and same type of product. Also out of disinfectant wipes.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Interesting Coronavirus link....

WorldOMeter Coronavirus Statistics - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Every store I've been in was out of sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, low on bleach, practically out of every disinfecting home cleaners they stock, and nearly out of hand soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Hoarding sanitizer and soap deprives others from using it. If they’re not disinfected because of your hoarding, then that puts everyone at risk.

Be smart - EVERYONE needs this stuff.
    100%

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I was at the dentist today and a guy in the chair next to me owns a liquor store. He said they're Everclear faster than he can get it in. It is 90% alcohol.

We were in a WM Neighborhood Market yesterday and they had toilet paper but there were huge gaps in the shelving that attested to at least some panic buying.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

DIY Hand Sanitizer

1/3 cup of Aloe Vera Gel
    2/3rds cup of rubbing alcohol (at least 91%)
    10 drops of one of the following (or mix and match) essential oils:Tea Tree, Lavender, Rosemary, Lemon

Combine in bowl and whisk well.

My fiance is working on an art project for school which requires 70% rubbing alcohol. Neither Walmart Neighborhood Market nor Walgreens had any. Just 50% wintergreen alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We were in a WM Neighborhood Market yesterday and they had toilet paper but there were huge gaps in the shelving that attested to at least some panic buying.
    The WM near me has large gaps on that isle on average days, not sure if they do not stock it as regularly as some other items or are just not fully utilizing the space

19. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    My fiance is working on an art project for school which requires 70% rubbing alcohol. Neither Walmart Neighborhood Market nor Walgreens had any. Just 50% wintergreen alcohol.
    What's the level in Everclear?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    What's the level in Everclear?
    190 proof is 95%, which would've worked but it wasn't worth the trouble. We had 50%, but she wanted to try 70% because it would dry faster.

There was 70% isopropyl in the local Dollar store this morning. Maybe a lot of this is timing rather than actual shortage, shopping at or after peak time.

Blog Entries

Fewer products are on the shelves at many of the stores like WinCo, Crest, Sams, Walmart & NH Markets--try your neighborhood mom & pop stores.

Use of an alcohol (less than 90%) and a gel mixture is still better than no sanitizer at all; temporary solution until you can get to a sink and do the 20 seconds of hand washing.

And for God's sake, keep your hands from your face especially after you've touched any surfaces or in contact around people coughing or sneezing.

We don't know the extent of this virus; it may be more air borne than expected.

Also with children who seem to be less venerable; you don't know if this virus will return later in a more complicated stage. Myself, I'm not ready to buy into this theory.

23. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

My child at OU tells me they have received information the school may 1) extend Spring break indefinitely 2) cancel classes for 2 weeks 3) go online

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Good for OU. It’s the absolute right decision.

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ything/607675/

I think the most likely scenario is that Thunder games are played without fans (which I think is the right move): https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-coronavirus?

Thread Information