Widgets Magazine

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It's probably too late. The US has utterly failed. There are still morons arguing that they shouldn't have to wear a f*cking mask while recently opened restaurants and stores are self closing because they are having coronavirus outbreaks among their staffs. This is an avoidable tragedy. I cannot believe all of my stupid neighbors illegally shooting off fireworks to celebrate this $hiT$how of a country. God bless the people who rationed food and stockpiled lead for bullets during World War II. Not only did they value and understand what "freedom" means in our country, they understood that their rights came with responsibilities. But those days are obviously long gone.

There's no point putting lipstick on this pig. The US has utterly failed, and will continue to fail, and no amount of boosterish nonsense is going to bring our economy back. Fauci said early on that we don't define the timeline, the virus does.

We now know how this is spread and we could take action to virtually eliminate the spread without shutting down businesses but there are too many selfish morons in this country who are unwilling to take basic steps to get this under control. At this point, it is completely out of control.

I am extremely disappointed that Mayor Holt is not taking action on a mask ordinance. He is a great mayor and he is literally like the only major public official who has done anything in our backward state (along with the Norman mayor who, unbelievably, is receiving DEATH THREATS for her decisions to protect the public), but it is absurd that he is still espousing "personal responsibility" as a solution when it is abundantly obvious that too many of our fellow Okies do not understand nor will ever exercise "public responsibility." Holt is a Republican, after all, and for some reason, Republicans seem to believe in this magical "personal responsibility" fairy tale.

This is a wayward ship hurtling toward an iceberg.
    My 401k is up BIG this year. Is yours not?

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    My 401k is up BIG this year. Is yours not?
    LMAO, this is way off topic but are you completely judging the economy based on the stock market alone?

Thread Information