Widgets Magazine
Page 269 of 455 FirstFirst ... 169219264265266267268269270271272273274319369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Many aren’t. Just my observation but it seems when I go to the grocery or HD or Lowe’s it’s people my age (61) or older looking that are the worst about non mask wearing. I don’t get it. They should be the most careful.
    Baby Boomers (55+) are the most likely to follow leadership that takes every opportunity to contradict the experts on masks and on precautions in general.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Imagine what this would look like if OKC and Tulsa were not doing distance learning!
    With Oklahoma County going to Yellow, distance learning is about to go bye bye.

https://elemental.medium.com/a-super...d-31cb8eba9d63 Let's hope they figured this out.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Let’s hope that the decision makers see that staying the course when you’re doing well will make you do better.

Let’s hope that the decision makers see that staying the course when you’re doing well will make you do better.
    I’ve given my opinion to some of the decision makers for Deer Creek, including some of our well known issues we talk about often on here. The most meaningful, at least IMO, is that it takes 3 weeks to see the effects of anything we do (3 weeks after a big holiday to rise, 3 weeks after masks to fall) and we are just now hitting 3 weeks for many schools. So we don’t know the effect of schools yet, but we are looking at changing how we are doing school.

Another issue for me is that I think it will be harder for kids to switch back and forth if we are constantly changing between remote, mixed, or in-person. I have a second grader and she did much better this week than last week, since she (and the teacher) is getting used to the online system. If she goes back to all week school she will start from scratch if they go back to split learning in a few weeks. My wife works for Putnam City and I appreciate that they decided “this is our 9 week plan” at the beginning so everybody can plan accordingly.

A lot of talk on the Deer Creek pages is “just take your kids out and do online if you don’t like it or are at risk”. There are work places that will work with you to be able to do remote learning with your kids if schools are closed, but won’t work with you if you choose to keep your kids at home when schools are open.

I’ve noticed the OnCues in Edmond are the absolute worst about enforcing the Mask Mandates. If anything they should be fairly strict given the tight quarters and heavy traffic counts, but it seems like Corporate is more interested in maintaining sales than doing its part to protect the customers and staff.

Pretty sad.

I was not referring to Oklahoma County, but OKCPS. Moore obviously doesn't give a **** about any color. Edmond is slightly better. I'm not convinced OKC Public Schools will go back in person if we are seeing the increases we are seeing right now.

Muskogee area tops even Stillwater for the top worst place in the nation for increased COVID-19 cases. But I wonder what the next two weeks will be like? https://okcfox.com/news/coronavirus/...tv0Ii1p7IjKrjs

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Muskogee tops even Stillwater for the top worst place in the nation for increased covid cases. But I wonder what the next two weeks will be like? https://okcfox.com/news/coronavirus/...tv0Ii1p7IjKrjs
    In Muskogee area it has to do with a women's prison in Taft: https://oklahoman.com/article/567076...cid=uxbndlbing

What the mayor of Stillwater thinks of the current local COVID situation. (The point made in the 2nd paragraph is very important.)

Local Update
    As you know, our community is seeing a large spike in COVID cases. Stillwater currently has 398 active cases, more than double the peak we saw in late June. As we saw then, the large majority of these cases are in the 18-35 year old age group. So far, there has not been a corresponding surge in hospitalizations. The City is in close contact with Payne County Health and Stillwater Medical to track the situation and determine if further action is warranted.

The sharp rise in cases is very concerning, and we must work together as a community to slow the spread. So far, contact tracing shows that these cases cannot be connected to any one activity, event, or type of business. The cases are also not just in college students. Many of the positive cases are among younger adults who are very socially active and are taking few of the recommended precautions against the spread of disease.

It’s disappointing that so many of our neighbors refuse to take the situation seriously. Yes, many of them will never be seriously ill, but such carelessness has a huge effect on our community. Public schools cannot meet together for class. Non-profits have had to cancel fundraising events. Activities across the board have been limited or shut down. These decisions are necessary because the more the disease spreads in Stillwater, the more likely it is for vulnerable people to be infected, with far more serious consequences.

Overall, individuals and businesses in our community have been doing a very good job with masks, limiting interactions, and operating safely. I am aware of the White House reports that indicate additional restrictions should be implemented statewide and in our local area. Currently, I’m not sure that it’s worthwhile for the City of Stillwater to adopt these guidelines alone, but I continue to talk with other state mayors and the Governor’s office to push for widespread action in accordance with Federal advice.

No matter what rules or regulations are in place, it is up to each one of us to make the right choices to protect ourselves and each other. Please wear your mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance. Avoid large gatherings. Get tested if you feel sick, if you’ve been in contact with a positive case, or if you’ve been out and about a lot recently. Above all, please recognize that you are part of a community, and we are all counting on you to do your part to keep the rest of us safe.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
    I’ve noticed the OnCues in Edmond are the absolute worst about enforcing the Mask Mandates. If anything they should be fairly strict given the tight quarters and heavy traffic counts, but it seems like Corporate is more interested in maintaining sales than doing its part to protect the customers and staff.

Pretty sad.
    OnCues and 7-Elevens everywhere.

OnCues and 7-Elevens everywhere.
    Since the Okc mandate, the OnCue by me has been doing well with mask wearing every time I’ve been in there.

402 new cases today, the lowest total in 2 weeks.

7-day rolling average is now 798.

3 more deaths have been reported.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Since the Okc mandate, the OnCue by me has been doing well with mask wearing every time I’ve been in there.
    You must not go to Reno & Meridian or 240 & May

Any compliance at OnCue seems to be entirely voluntary by patrons, I really haven’t seen any enforcement by staff at all.

Which really makes me sad, because at the beginning it felt like OnCue was the one store taking this thing serious and was doing a lot of good in trying to keep staff and customers safe.

The On-Cue at Sooner and 240 is requiring masks, and not serving patrons without them.

You must not go to Reno & Meridian or 240 & May
    No Bill, I haven’t been down that way lately. The 3 locations I frequent the most are 178th & Western, Memorial & Western, and 164th $ Portland, in that order. The people have been very good about wearing masks at the times I have visited. I understand you get around town quite a bit so you get a better slice of the action.

Any compliance at OnCue seems to be entirely voluntary by patrons, I really haven’t seen any enforcement by staff at all.

Which really makes me sad, because at the beginning it felt like OnCue was the one store taking this thing serious and was doing a lot of good in trying to keep staff and customers safe.
    I dont think they pay their employees enough to care.

But I have to give it up to Target. They are doing a great job of enforcing masks.

I think a lot if it has to do with clientele. Let me put it this way. I would expect to see a lot more people complaining about a mask mandate at your local Walmart than a Target.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I saw an employee at the Rockwell and 122nd Homeland tell a guy he couldn’t come in without a mask. I was very pleased. He went out to his car and got one. So I have to ask, why not just wear it to begin with?

I saw an employee at the Rockwell and 122nd Homeland tell a guy he couldn’t come in without a mask. I was very pleased. He went out to his car and got one. So I have to ask, why not just wear it to begin with?
    I heard a an older guy just yesterday tell a worker at oncue that if God intended us to wear masks we would have been born with one. He just continued on to his shopping and cashier didn't say anything else. Not sure if anything else was said later since I was checking out and leaving. But point is, I don't think Oncue is refusing anyone with or without masks.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I heard a an older guy just yesterday tell a worker at oncue that if God intended us to wear masks we would have been born with one. He just continued on to his shopping and cashier didn't say anything else. Not sure if anything else was said later since I was checking out and leaving. But point is, I don't think Oncue is refusing anyone with or without masks.
    And if God wanted him to travel long distances he would have been born with better legs instead of having to drive around in a car, but I guess that’s different.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I dont think they pay their employees enough to care.

But I have to give it up to Target. They are doing a great job of enforcing masks.

I think a lot if it has to do with clientele. Let me put it this way. I would expect to see a lot more people complaining about a mask mandate at your local Walmart than a Target.
    Yes no issues at Whole Foods for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I've been wondering if it wouldn't be smarter for private businesses to empower their workers to reward patrons who wear masks, rather than having them fight with those who refuse.
    Like if that OnCue worker could then give a free fountain drink to the guy wearing a mask stuck behind the jackass refusing to wear a mask, maybe behavior would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    I've been wondering if it wouldn't be smarter for private businesses to empower their workers to reward patrons who wear masks, rather than having them fight with those who refuse.
    Like if that OnCue worker could then give a free fountain drink to the guy wearing a mask stuck behind the jackass refusing to wear a mask, maybe behavior would change.
    Mark everything up 50% and you get a discount of 50% with a mask.

And this is why we find ourselves in this outrageous situation. It’s not just the masks in stores. That is an indicator. It indicates the blatant disregard for the virus. If this country and state had competent and consistent leadership we would be in a better place to deal with this.

Thread Information