Widgets Magazine
Page 115 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1565110111112113114115116117118119120165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I do try to go to stores early in the morning and at senior times but not all stores have them, The most problem atic has been Lowe's. Yes I know about parking lot pickup but sometimes you just have to look at items to see what will work to fix the problem. I've also noticed that more and more younger people are coming to the reserved for senior/more vulnerable people times. Seems like people don't care. I've asked some and they just say they don't, they say they just need to shop and don't care to wear a mask or social distance. " I don't have time for that"

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I do try to go to stores early in the morning and at senior times but not all stores have them, The most problem atic has been Lowe's. Yes I know about parking lot pickup but sometimes you just have to look at items to see what will work to fix the problem. I've also noticed that more and more younger people are coming to the reserved for senior/more vulnerable people times. Seems like people don't care. I've asked some and they just say they don't, they say they just need to shop and don't care to wear a mask or social distance. " I don't have time for that"
    Sadly, just wait until phase 3 is over, which is the end of June, I think. A huuuuuuuge percentage of people are going to care even less and say "screw it, I'm done with all this, they say everything can re-open, it's over", and it's going to be back to "normal", and COVID-19 is still going to be out there, infecting/injuring/killing people.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Sadly, just wait until phase 3 is over, which is the end of June, I think. A huuuuuuuge percentage of people are going to care even less and say "screw it, I'm done with all this, they say everything can re-open, it's over", and it's going to be back to "normal", and COVID-19 is still going to be out there, infecting/injuring/killing people.
    I don’t think they’re waiting. I stopped at Buy For Less on the Expressway on the way home from work yesterday. I felt pretty unique wearing my mask. Only a couple other people had one and one of them unhooked it from one ear and just had it hanging by the other ear. I hope one or more of the vaccines works out soon.

I think people are doing that right now. I just try to stay home as much as possible and use curbside pick up as much as possible. I am so tired of trying to dodge people who think its ok to just walk right up next to you and stand right next to you in stores. With a bad knee its hard to keep moving away. I spend about 90% of my shopping time dodging people and 10% shopping. I wind up giving up and just going back home. Cannot do grocery delivery out in the country. No one to shop for me. I'm over 60 so just do what I can.

I think people are doing that right now. I just try to stay home as much as possible and use curbside pick up as much as possible. I am so tired of trying to dodge people who think its ok to just walk right up next to you and stand right next to you in stores. With a bad knee its hard to keep moving away. I spend about 90% of my shopping time dodging people and 10% shopping. I wind up giving up and just going back home. Cannot do grocery delivery out in the country. No one to shop for me. I'm over 60 so just do what I can.
    I see people shaking hands on a daily basis with no gloves masks or anything. It's not all the way back to pre-covid but it's getting there.

A day behind I think. I have not looked up numbers for today.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Is there a way to you can do grocery pickup? I believe most Walmarts have this if that is an option for you. Sorry to hear about people being rude... I am young and do my best to mask up and get in and out of the store quickly. Starting to see people not really following the rules day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I see people shaking hands on a daily basis with no gloves masks or anything. It's not all the way back to pre-covid but it's getting there.
    What line of work are you in? I haven't seen anybody shaking hands or been approached to do so, thankfully. I have no problem being rude & declining.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    What line of work are you in? I haven't seen anybody shaking hands or been approached to do so, thankfully. I have no problem being rude & declining.
    Some state house candidate knocked on my door recently and extended his hand when I opened it. I'm guessing just so much built in habit for so many people. Like you, I have no problem declining and no one has taken it poorly so far.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Some state house candidate knocked on my door recently and extended his hand when I opened it. I'm guessing just so much built in habit for so many people. Like you, I have no problem declining and no one has taken it poorly so far.
    For some reason I thought to myself, "I should get a fake hand to reach out to people who come to door during this time."

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    For some reason I thought to myself, "I should get a fake hand to reach out to people who come to door during this time."
    Great idea! I've thought about a water gun to get people to back off. That might end as bad as getting the virus though.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    A day behind I think. I have not looked up numbers for today.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/
    Well on one hand no major jumps after being open now since May 1st and 15th. On the other hand numbers still the same now for a month with maybe only a slight decrease so weather is not affecting it.

At this point you just have to accept we accomplished what we set out to do. We flattened the curve, allowed our hospitals to prepare, allowed PPE manufacturers to produce, allowed time for scientists to study the virus & learn how it effects people and for how to prevent it from spreading out of control. Most people learned how to get through their day to day lives safely through changing behavior. I wish more people took it seriously & wore a mask. If they did we could prevent even more deaths.

It sucks the virus happened, its a natural disaster. People have died & will continue to do so but I totally agree at this point with reopenings now. The closings we had were completely necessary & were the right decision. We've prepared as well as we could going forward, just dont relax & treat the threat with respect.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

At this point you just have to accept we accomplished what we set out to do. We flattened the curve, allowed our hospitals to prepare, allowed PPE manufacturers to produce, allowed time for scientists to study the virus & learn how it effects people and for how to prevent it from spreading out of control. Most people learned how to get through their day to day lives safely through changing behavior. I wish more people took it seriously & wore a mask. If they did we could prevent even more deaths.

It sucks the virus happened, its a natural disaster. People have died & will continue to do so but I totally agree at this point with reopenings now. The closings we had were completely necessary & were the right decision. We've prepared as well as we could going forward, just dont relax & treat the threat with respect.
    +1 Captured my feelings exactly.

Is there a way to you can do grocery pickup? I believe most Walmarts have this if that is an option for you. Sorry to hear about people being rude... I am young and do my best to mask up and get in and out of the store quickly. Starting to see people not really following the rules day by day.
    Saw a tweet that went something like this (paraphrased, of course): "As far as expecting people to follow mask, hand-washing, and social distancing guidelines, I used to work in retail and had so many people take dumps in the fitting rooms, it was insane. You're way overestimating people if you think they'll follow the guidelines."

I avoid Walmart on a good day, and usually shop once a month or so for non food items. I shop Sprouts and Aldi's for groceries. Its just a bit hard to shop for meat when you don't know what they have and what it looks like. Canned foods and packaged foods are easier. I do also go to Natural Grocer for a few items (milk and bread) Usually no issues. One of the last times in there only one other shopper and nope would not follow the signs at the check out. ughhh.

Glad to know that Hunter determined the OK Health Dept. can keep informing the public.

Data for cities for COVID-19 to continue to be reported | Community | duncanbanner.com
    https://www.duncanbanner.com/communi...64d18034f.html

Not shaking someone's home from your door seems a little too paranoid, since you're steps away from being able to wash your hands when you're through with the person, while being careful not to touch your face. I can better understand when it's outside the home and it isn't easy to promptly wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Pretty sure that's already happening, if this tweet is any indication: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...68289892397058

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Not shaking someone's home from your door seems a little too paranoid, since you're steps away from being able to wash your hands when you're through with the person, while being careful not to touch your face. I can better understand when it's outside the home and it isn't easy to promptly wash your hands.
    . . . my house, my door, my rules!!

well... now i want to get a fake hand for anytime a salesperson or politician comes by. i'll just put that thing under my sleeve when i answer the door and then shake hands with it like everything's normal. i'm not even that concerned about catching the virus through a handshake... i just want to see their expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Really? If a dude is knocking door to door asking to shake hands, there's a good chance he has just shook dozens of other hands before yours without ever having the opportunity to wash his own hands. There is no reason to risk it.

Really? If a dude is knocking door to door asking to shake hands, there's a good chance he has just shook dozens of other hands before yours without ever having the opportunity to wash his own hands. There is no reason to risk it.
    Then don't answer the door to strangers in the first place, especially if you don't want to put on a mask to greet them.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I simply don’t answer the door unless I’m expecting someone and I know it’s them.

Anyone going door to door had better have the good sense to expect no handshakes. If they're offended, it really isn't my problem.

Thread Information