Widgets Magazine
Page 292 of 455 FirstFirst ... 192242287288289290291292293294295296297342392 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    More so even that the management at Picasso or Goro are more demanding of safety protocols than that at Twin Peaks. I guarantee that TP doesn't give a rats about safety protocols as long as there are butts in the seats.
    Yes, same with Texas Roadhouse and the other big chains mentioned in this thread -- and, I should add, Hal Smith restaurants. They pack 'em in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustytheBailiff View Post
    Response was to Bounty's continued comments which infers that folks past 65 need to stay isolated while apparently the rest of the population can go about their business unfettered.
    Except we know spread just doesn’t follow that pattern.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by RustytheBailiff View Post
    Response was to Bounty's continued comments which infers that folks past 65 need to stay isolated while apparently the rest of the population can go about their business unfettered.
    I don't agree with a lot Bunty often says. But he is accurate that 93% of Oklahoma deaths have been in the over 65 group. It really hasn't been that deadly to anyone else. And I know, I know there are other lingering issues survivors have. I have some of them but thankfully some of mine are very slowly fading.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I'm absolutely appalled if what I'm seeing today is accurate. Yesterday there was a "Prayer March" in DC ending at the Mall around the Reflection Pool. There were supposedly 10s of thousands of participants and from videos I've just seen that's probably accurate. What I didn't see in the shoulder to shoulder crowd were masks. There were literally a handful and only a handful of mask wearers. Virtually none! I'm a Christian and I do believe the He is in control of everything. But He allows us freedom and expects us to USE the mind He gave us to look after ourselves and even more so others.

I don't agree with a lot Bunty often says. But he is accurate that 93% of Oklahoma deaths have been in the over 65 group. It really hasn't been that deadly to anyone else. And I know, I know there are other lingering issues survivors have. I have some of them but thankfully some of mine are very slowly fading.
    Over 1,000 deaths in Oklahoma and people are still talking about this. SMMFH.

I'm absolutely appalled if what I'm seeing today is accurate. Yesterday there was a "Prayer March" in DC ending at the Mall around the Reflection Pool. There were supposedly 10s of thousands of participants and from videos I've just seen that's probably accurate. What I didn't see in the shoulder to shoulder crowd were masks. There were literally a handful and only a handful of mask wearers. Virtually none! I'm a Christian and I do believe the He is in control of everything. But He allows us freedom and expects us to USE the mind He gave us to look after ourselves and even more so others.
    A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
    I just said He expects us to use our minds. Not that we actually do.

I just said He expects us to use our minds. Not that we actually do.
    Yep, what you said reminded me of that story. Also, someone posted a while back that we've been given/invented science, tools, technology, etc., so why don't we use those instead of just sitting there like bumps on a log and just praying. I'm not religious, but yeah, use the tools at our disposal that whatever higher power "gave" us, especially our brains.

He IS In control Bill, and He also gives us the gift of free will, and to make choices. The majority of the the time, we fail to realize how powerful of a gift that really is.

861 new cases today. 7-day rolling average 1,041.

2 additional deaths.

579 hospitalized.

149 cases in OK County.

It feels like we crossed the 1,000 death mark without much fanfare or rememberance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Non hepa filters rated MERV-13 can catch most viruses, but are more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    He IS In control Bill, and He also gives us the gift of free will, and to make choices. The majority of the the time, we fail to realize how powerful of a gift that really is.
    But, with free comes responsibility. And we will all be judged by what we do with our free will. Saying you are a Christian or of faith means nothing if you presume to know God but ignore your responsibilities. Evangelicals should be the FIRST to act using the tools God gave us to protect and serve our fellow beings. Anything else is just hypocrisy.

What's happening in Europe will determine how bad this will actually be in the winter.

Lets assume all these cases are real and not just PCR detecting old Covid.
    https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-vis...tely#countries

That's means the case counts early in the pandemic were nowhere near the actual number hence why the death graph was higher early on than the case count graph when using different scales.

Was there really any hope of locking down without Covid coming roaring back? Again assuming these are real cases in Europe, seems like we only notice the deaths at very top of the curve when covid actually finds low hanging fruit after being out of control for awhile.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-been-22749117 an over 45 lock down. NO it's never going to happen and it's probably too late now to do something like this but a month or two into this I always thought let's give the older population stimulus checks to stay home. We were giving 600 a week for people on unemployment. Maybe we should of redirected that money to older working adults to stay home. Just a thought. We did a very poor job in the beginning protecting the older population.

Over the weekend, OKC, Milwood and Putnam City schools all halted all sports activities due to rise Covid levels in OK County.

No practice, no games. Really stinks for the kids and coaches, especially the seniors.

Sad story here about this 28-year-old Moore man clinging to life in a medically induced coma while being intubated. This is for the deflectors, diffusers, and deniers who continue to make pinheaded arguments about this only affecting people over the age of 65.

https://kfor.com/health/coronavirus/...Q1QHeAnaVTTGVA

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    But, with free comes responsibility. And we will all be judged by what we do with our free will. Saying you are a Christian or of faith means nothing if you presume to know God but ignore your responsibilities. Evangelicals should be the FIRST to act using the tools God gave us to protect and serve our fellow beings. Anything else is just hypocrisy.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Sad story here about this 28-year-old Moore man clinging to life in a medically induced coma while being intubated. This is for the deflectors, diffusers, and deniers who continue to make pinheaded arguments about this only affecting people over the age of 65.

https://kfor.com/health/coronavirus/...Q1QHeAnaVTTGVA
    Sad yes but people under 35 shouldn't be living in fear over a virus that has less than .02% killing them. Just thinking of ways to stay safe and how to keep it from spreading to older people.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Sad yes but people under 35 shouldn't be living in fear over a virus that has less than .02% killing them. They should be more worried about how to keep it from spreading to older people.
    The problem is they should be worried (as should everyone) about how to keep it from spreading PERIOD. Focusing on not spreading it to old people will mean you still have young idiots spreading it around in the community. Even if little Billy doesn't spread it around to older people himself, by continuing to go out and act like there's no risk Billy is still spreading it around the community and someone who he spreads it to might spread it to an older or at risk person. This doesn't get solved by some "keep it from the old people" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The problem is they should be worried (as should everyone) about how to keep it from spreading PERIOD. Focusing on not spreading it to old people will mean you still have young idiots spreading it around in the community. Even if little Billy doesn't spread it around to older people himself, by continuing to go out and act like there's no risk Billy is still spreading it around the community and someone who he spreads it to might spread it to an older or at risk person. This doesn't get solved by some "keep it from the old people" mindset.
    There is going to be NO WAY we stop this thing from spreading. We can lower the deaths from keeping it from "the old People". This virus at this point is going to spread no matter what we do. We still haven't learned to live with it. You have one group of people OMG MY GOD EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE. DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE Then you have another set oh it's no big deal it's only killing older population. How about we find some common ground where we can protect the older population, which is more vulnerable and still let the younger crowed live their lives as normal as possible.

The media finds these one or two stories about young people and they run with it and they put the fear of god in people.

21. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

There is going to be NO WAY we stop this thing from spreading. We can lower the deaths from keeping it from "the old People". This virus at this point is going to spread no matter what we do. We still haven't learned to live with it. You have one group of people OMG MY GOD EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE. DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE Then you have another set oh it's no big deal it's only killing older population. How about we find some common ground where we can protect the older population, which is more vulnerable and still let the younger crowed live their lives as normal as possible.

The media finds these one or two stories about young people and they run with it and they put the fear of god in people.
    Two problems I see. One, people aren't any more likely to adhere to your plan even if mandated than they are any other plan. Two, in these six months of going into Home Depot, Lowe's, Homeland, Crest and Walgreens a large percentage of the people I see not wearing masks or paying any attention to safety precautions are people my age or older. That puts them in the vulnerable age group because I'm just below it. If they won't even look out for themselves how are you going to get the rest of the public to do so.

Two problems I see. One, people aren't any more likely to adhere to your plan even if mandated than they are any other plan. Two, in these six months of going into Home Depot, Lowe's, Homeland, Crest and Walgreens a large percentage of the people I see not wearing masks or paying any attention to safety precautions are people my age or older. That puts them in the vulnerable age group because I'm just below it. If they won't even look out for themselves how are you going to get the rest of the public to do so.
    You do have a good point there. The tire shop I went into last week where no one was wearing a mask seemed like everyone over 40 no mask and the couple younger people did. Home Depot same thing. Let's face it only way we get out of this is vaccine or a very good treatment

Oh and sadly the guy did pass away. He now makes 12th person under 35 to die of covid. 11 in the 18-35 age group.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-across-world Not quite a game changer in my book but a very good start. If you could buy something over the counter for $5 and test at home then that would be a game changer.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-across-world Not quite a game changer in my book but a very good start. If you could buy something over the counter for $5 and test at home then that would be a game changer.
    I don't think many more people would test than now. If they don't take it seriously they just don't. Too many people still think it's just a media or govt concocted frenzy. Also, the article doesn't say anything about them being available over the counter and the $5 price tag is for low and medium income countries.
    I give you an A for effort in looking for quick, easy answers but there aren't any. But keep trying, you never know.

I actually agree with this 100%. Everyone is so polarized regarding this virus. It’s also entrenched heavily in politics which is a huge no no as far as pandemics are concerned.

To the other points below. There is literally nothing you can do to control what other people do in public spaces. NOTHING. All you can do is control your situation and try and not stress about the rest. Wear a mask. Don’t go to a bar/restaurant. Go to virtual church services. Go shopping in early/late hours. Etc etc. Do these things, and even if you do catch it, you’ll likely fair better as you limited your exposure as much as possible. As our pediatrician said. There’s no easy answers with this. You can do EVERYTHING right and still catch it.

Thread Information