Widgets Magazine
Page 120 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2070115116117118119120121122123124125170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    And most are already recovered by now. Again, the state is so behind, the numbers will never be accurate. So worrying about them is dumb at this point.
    But how many more people did they infect. If there's more people that have it there's more people that are going to get infected?

222 new positives today, by far the most in any one day since this started.

Last four days:

6/12 +222
    6/11 +146
    6/10 +117
    6/9 +158

Yeah, things are definitely trending the wrong direction, and outside of that one day earlier this week where we dumped 12,000 tests, we aren't seeing any massive expansions in the number of tests done so our positivity rate is going to trickle up. Without a change in behavior, there's no reason to believe these numbers will just resolve themselves.

Not good. I wish people would heed the warnings and adopt the best practices but it isn't going to happen.

Yeah, Not good.

I know they do large batches of negatives at once, And I think the next batch is early next week. So hopefully that is another spike in tests.

But yeah, not good at all, and it's bound to get worse with Stitt allowing Nursing Home Visitations.

All we can hope for is that next week the positives go down, but I doubt that.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Not good. I wish people would heed the warnings and adopt the best practices but it isn't going to happen.
    No they won’t. Unfortunately. I had to stop by Home Depot about 8 this morning on the way to work. I was the only person, employee or customer, wearing a mask.

americans are increasingly comfortable going out again according to abc / ipsos polling

% willing to do the following

eat at a restaurant
    may 41%
    june 59%

stay in a hotel
    may 45%
    june 57%

attend church
    may 42%
    june 57%

go to the mall
    may 38%
    june 53%

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/...us-wave-12.pdf

Tulsa is having a major spike right now. Unfortunately I have no insight into OKC trends.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Tulsa is having a major spike right now. Unfortunately I have no insight into OKC trends.
    Seems like a bad time to be holding large political rallies in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    americans are increasingly comfortable going out again according to abc / ipsos polling

eat at a restaurant
    may 41%
    june 59%

stay in a hotel
    may 45%
    june 57%

attend church
    may 42%
    june 57%

go to the mall
    may 38%
    june 53%

Yep. The mortality of this virus is not nearly as high as originally thought. So people are living now.

The non-mask wearers are destroying the economy, because their ignorant presence keeps a large segment of the population from engaging with businesses and entertainment venues. I want an ice cream cone, but it is not worth the risk of contracting a deadly virus. Businesses like the Home Depot example above will not get a dime of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Seems like a bad time to be holding large political rallies in Tulsa.

You said it. And no one at the speciously timed event will be DONning a mask.

The non-mask wearers are destroying the economy, because their ignorant presence keeps a large segment of the population from engaging with businesses and entertainment venues. I want an ice cream cone, but it is not worth the risk of contracting a deadly virus. Businesses like the Home Depot example above will not get a dime of my money.
    The Braum's my friends work at they've been telling me for weeks there's been no social distancing whatsoever in the dining room. People standing in line waiting to order and pick up their food. Braum's hasn't blocked off any tables like they should have been. At what point are we going to have to start closing things again.

https://www.okc.gov/residents/prepar...-and-pandemics

Looks like 40 new cases in OKC I haven't been following it everyday what does an extremely high number and I believe they've been around 15 and 20 for most of the past couple days

15. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Unfortunately I manage a couple building and grounds maintenance contracts so I don’t have a choice but to do business with H-D and Lowe’s. At least I have a stash of N95 masks.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post

eat at a restaurant
    may 41%
    june 59%

stay in a hotel
    may 45%
    june 57%

attend church
    may 42%
    june 57%

go to the mall
    may 38%
    june 53%

Malls and hotels I’m not going to anyway. I want to go to my couple favorite bar/grills so bad it hurts but it’s not going to happen for awhile. Church is reopening in phases but we’re not going there for awhile either. At least they have online streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    It reflects there are not enough deaths. Also not enough, if any, videos of young people in their 20s or 30s getting out of the hospital after being hospitalized for weeks over the virus. Just not enough for the media to sensationalize upon how bad it can be.

Is This a Memorial Day/Protest spike? Number of cases I would lean to no but the increase in Hospitalization around the country I would say yes as the time frame is a perfect fit. Only reason I would say no on the test is cause of the back log. Sure people would be getting sick now from Memorial Day and the Protest but have their test been processed yet or we still talking over a week to get results?

Testing for symptomatic people is getting processed in about 24 hours in OKC. I have a friend who works at the VA hospital who just tested positive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26A901FA-AB20-43C1-A3A4-A0E15D936B67.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	16159
    No one wants more cases but I think this graph is important to keep in mind.

https://www.newson6.com/story/5ee36d...vid19-outbreak

I wonder if this is playing into Tulsa some. Or if we have yet to see the impact yet reflected in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26A901FA-AB20-43C1-A3A4-A0E15D936B67.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	16159
    No one wants more cases but I think this graph is important to keep in mind.
    Unless you're thinking that these cases are different than all the others somehow, increased hospitalizations from the increased cases will happen in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Talker View Post
    Unless you're thinking that these cases are different than all the others somehow, increased hospitalizations from the increased cases will happen in a week or two.
    Why? A lot of the positive tests we see are from weeks ago. Most are recovered by now.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Talker View Post
    Hasn’t everyone been saying these results are from two weeks ago? If so wouldn’t the hospitalizations be occurring now?

Thread Information