Widgets Magazine
Page 369 of 455 FirstFirst ... 269319364365366367368369370371372373374419 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

1. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Praying for her.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Sorry to hear that, Bill. Hope she pulls through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The nursing home where mom is just sent her to Mercy. She felt bad for a couple days and tested positive for COVID. Now her oxygen level is low and dropping.
    Oh Bill, I'm so sorry. Definitely praying for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The nursing home where mom is just sent her to Mercy. She felt bad for a couple days and tested positive for COVID. Now her oxygen level is low and dropping.
    Sorry Bill. I hope she recovers quickly.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Thanks everyone. What's so concerning is that she's 93, has had a long history of hypertension and has become more and more frail in the three years in the nursing home. I'm really hoping in the power of prayer.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Praying for her and your family. My mom is 93 and was Covid positive in November. She spent 5 days in the hospital and recovered well.
    I hope the same for your mom.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by moxyweez View Post
    Praying for her and your family. My mom is 93 and was Covid positive in November. She spent 5 days in the hospital and recovered well.
    I hope the same for your mom.
    That's good to hear. I hope mom does as well.

Just saw that initial test results are indicating that the new variant is here. Queue doomsday music!

2,946 new cases today; 7-day rolling average continues to go down at 2,564.

47 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average 37.4, an all-time high.

Hospitalizations are 1,634 (-138).

ICU is 438 (-11).

Looks like the deaths from the holiday surge are starting to roll through. Wonder where cases ultimately stabilize at. Probably see a super bowl bump, but other than that Jan/Feb are pretty slow social wise

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Couple more days of lower new case numbers and the 7 day rolling average could be at mid-November levels.

For the first time in many months, I went out last night and met a friend for drinks at Uncle Julios.

By the time we left, the place was packed and tons of people were huddled just inside the entrance waiting for a table.

The people waiting were masked as were the employees, but nobody else was. A few tables were blocked off but I'd say only about 1/5th.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For the first time in many months, I went out last night and met a friend for drinks at Uncle Julios.

By the time we left, the place was packed and tons of people were huddled just inside the entrance waiting for a table.

The people waiting were masked as were the employees, but nobody else was. A few tables were blocked off but I'd say only about 1/5th.
    Uncle Julios is one of the places we want to go soooooooo bad. Someday. Hopefully soon.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

From a Dillon Richards tweet:
    "In hopeful news, the number of people nationwide who are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 dropped today by 3,685.

The number of people currently hospitalized with COVID-19 declined by more than 10% from a week ago in 24 states."

4,157 new cases today, the most in 2 weeks. 7-day rolling average is 2,641.

44 more reported deaths; 7-day rolling average is 39.9, an all-time high.

Hospitalizations are 1,595 (-30).

ICU is 433 (-5).

16. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

We passed the 300,000 mark in vaccinations administered. We are fluctuating between 6th and 8th in the nation for doses administered per 100k. It seems like we're hitting anywhere between 15k to 20k a day. 500k are registered for an appointment to get the vaccine. We need more supply, but it doesn't look like it we will be getting a boost of supply any time soon.

Almost 370k total cases of Covid for Oklahoma. If you add that to the 300k vaccinated, that's almost 17% of the state of Oklahoma having some type of antibody response.

I know you can still get Covid after developing antibodies, but I'm sure it is lessened, yeah?

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Mercy got mom's blood oxygen level up enough and stabilized enough that they had to discharge her back to the nursing home. The Dr at the nursing home says she seems ok except for being really out of it, which wasn't unusual in March when I saw her last, and being extremely exhausted which is expected. I'm praying for the best outcome.

Governor cuts ribbon on Oklahoma Pandemic Center, Public Health Lab in Stillwater. It will be able to do up to 30,000 tests a day?
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/go...ntent=headline

20. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Up until recently, I've been pleased and comfortable with compliance in regard to the mask mandate in OKC. In the last few days I've seen a decrease in mask wearing by about 25-33 percent; it's unbelievable to me. Is this because folks think that older residents are receiving the vaccine now and everyone let down their guard, or is this an act of defiance to the new administration? Or what? Anyone else experiencing this? I feel that we've come this far and this is no time to let up on precautions especially with the new variants and slow roll out of vaccines.

Well, just found out my step-aunt, whom I haven’t seen in a long long time, is on a ventilator from covid. It doesn’t look good either. She probably won’t make it much longer....sad.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Almost 370k total cases of Covid for Oklahoma. If you add that to the 300k vaccinated, that's almost 17% of the state of Oklahoma having some type of antibody response.

I know you can still get Covid after developing antibodies, but I'm sure it is lessened, yeah?
    From what I read most recently, you can generally expect around 5 months of protection from antibodies.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    From what I read most recently, you can generally expect around 5 months of protection from antibodies.
    5 months was just about what I had. And at 7 months I got it again. While still not really bad it was considerably worse the second time.

Recent research suggests that your level of "immunity" will depend on the severity of your case and the variant of COVID you contract. It's still possible that people who were previously infected have no immunity at all or that they have enough of an immune response to keep them from being severely ill but not enough to keep them from infecting others. The best thing to do is to wear your masks and continue to take all COVID precautions as if nothing has changed, both for your own health and the health of everyone around you.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/stu...se-11611311401

2,941 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 2,587.

48 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average 41.7, an all-time high.

Thread Information